PDA

View Full Version : that dang cold stumble

duhtroll
06-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Well, after two calls to and from LM I was told my MM was giong to have a new download today. Lo and behold I take it in once again for an entire day. . . I get the 3PM call -- "it's as done as it's going to get today - they won't release that program yet."

I know this has been discussed on board before, but I would like to organize a list of people who have this problem. If ALL of us call LM each and every day until this is fixed, I believe it will go faster.

The current "fix" has been labeled by the US Gov as inadequate for emissions standards. LM has yet to offer another fix. I have only had mine for about 45 days and I know some of you have been facing this problem longer than I. This is d*mn frustrating.

I will begin my calls Monday AM at 10 AM CT, and each day at the same time thereafter (I will be civil for the first few anyway). Anyone else wanna join in the barrage?

Even if you don't want to call please post here so I know how many have this stumble problem.

Thanks,
-A

RF Overlord
06-27-2003, 06:29 PM
"Call Dennis Reinhart,
That's the name...
And away go stumbles
Down the drain!"

Sung to the old "Roto-Rooter" music...(or the "Mr. Plow" music from the Simpsons)

:lol:

duhtroll
06-27-2003, 06:46 PM
I was planning to wait a bit, but you have no idea how close I have been to saying f--- it and doing just that. :)

Thanks,
-A

TripleTransAm
06-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by duhtroll

The current "fix" has been labeled by the US Gov as inadequate for emissions standards.

For my own knowledge, what s/w is your PCM equipped with? (In my case, it's on a label visible when you open the driver door, near the base of the windshield frame area and usually covered when the driver's door is closed - mine is CRD1).

RCSignals
06-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Others say that their dealer did the software upgrade. What's their problem with you?

cyclone03
06-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Do A search for "rough idle,hesitation"

looking97233
06-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Look here.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3550

schuvwj
06-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by duhtroll
Well, after two calls to and from LM I was told my MM was giong to have a new download today. Lo and behold I take it in once again for an entire day. . . I get the 3PM call -- "it's as done as it's going to get today - they won't release that program yet."

I know this has been discussed on board before, but I would like to organize a list of people who have this problem. If ALL of us call LM each and every day until this is fixed, I believe it will go faster.

The current "fix" has been labeled by the US Gov as inadequate for emissions standards. LM has yet to offer another fix. I have only had mine for about 45 days and I know some of you have been facing this problem longer than I. This is d*mn frustrating.

I will begin my calls Monday AM at 10 AM CT, and each day at the same time thereafter (I will be civil for the first few anyway). Anyone else wanna join in the barrage?

Even if you don't want to call please post here so I know how many have this stumble problem.

Thanks,
-A

Yes the correct code numberis SSM 16428 and my MM is bone stock and it made a big difference.

SSM 16428 says:
2003 MM HESITATATION/STUBLE COLD OLNY
SOME 2003 MM MAY EXHIBIT A HESTITATION/STIMBLE DURING THE FIRST TWO MINUTES OF OPERATION FOLLOWING A COLD START. THIS WILL TIPICALLY OCCUR WHEN THE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE IS 70-90 DEG/F DURING OPEN LOOP STAGE. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE PCM. TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION USING WDS RELEASE B22NM-2 OR LATER THE LASTEST CALIBTATION CONTAINS IMPROVED AIR/FUEL MIXTURE RATIOS.

Print this and take to your dealer so he can not say you already have the lastest program!

frdwrnch
06-29-2003, 07:15 PM
That upgrade calibration should be available to you. However if your dealer is having trouble w/their diagnostic equipment or its communication line then they can't reprogram your PCM. If you think they'll level w/you ask 'em if this is the case. If not , any Ford, Linc/M<erc dealer should be able to assist you.
I like the previous quip on the Reinhardt chip, it's cute and it's true. The shift improvements alone are worth the change on a stocker and it eliminates the cold hesitation. Just don't try the reprogram after the chip install!

duhtroll
06-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys again for all of the help. I ahve not had the time to go out and look on the car yet (have had company and been very very busy the past couple days, but tomorrow I can again think of this).

. . . and place a phone call to LM at 10 AM. Then Tuesday, Wed, Thu, until they get it "released" so I can have it. If they tell me the dealer can install it, I will be knocking on their door less than 5 minutes later.

Thanks again,
-A

Kevin Walsh
07-03-2003, 10:46 AM
I have it too, and I had one update installed already