PDA

View Full Version : The Domestic Car Market!?

1of327
05-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I am sitting here in the dealership, and the little bit of traffic that we have had, have been some of the most off-the wall, pack of idiots that I could have only imagined. People come in looking for a fully loaded Explorer that is a $42,000.00 unit, have these pre-concieved notions that because they fly an American Flag, and toute how proud they are of america and how much of a shame the work for is in the shape that it is are the same people that expect to pay next to nothing and want to be at $350.00 a monthe after nothing down, and having negative equity on a p.o.s. that they want to trade in. These same people ALWAYS leave in a huff because it is the dealerships fault that they can't preform mathamatical miracle. WTF!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
There was a lady that just came thru and after test driving two different GT mustangs, decided that because the seat belt strape could not be lowered to accommodate her, she was not going to buy!!!!????:confused:

I Just Don't Understand:censor:

SamF
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
can you do a Black Mustang GT convertible for $259 MO no down, no trade? If so Ill be right in :lol:

It can only get better...

1of327
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
If I could, I would have bought one or even not, sold one by now.... Thats another thing, Ford has become a bit disappointing over the past couple of month to me. They have stopped mass producing manual transmission GT mustangs, and have created an over abundance of the automatics that no one will buy. Not only that, they are now touting the new Tauras and Tauras X, which are nothing more than the Five-hundred, and the No market having Freestyle with a new Damn grill, Complete B.S.... I wish they would get their heads out of there A@# an realize that putting the Vic on fleet service, and Not Producing the Interceptor Concept are bad ideas. That Interceptor would Sell like crazy among the people that I know!

Aren Jay
05-19-2007, 02:54 PM
That 500 and Freestyle are the exact cars that many of the Subaru drivers were hoping Subaru would be bringing out. Instead Subaru made the Medusa (Tribeca) mistake. Ford should be trying to bring the Subaru customers to Ford with these vehicles.

A Mustang Shelby engined 500 with 500 bhp, awd and go fast racing stripes.

Make it an option available on any 500 or Freestyle.

Mad4Macs
05-19-2007, 03:05 PM
They have stopped mass producing manual transmission GT mustangs, and have created an over abundance of the automatics that no one will buy.

Bad idea. I bought an auto GT and disliked it so much, I traded it in on a stick. The auto has P*** poor shift scheduling, compounded by an idiot computer controlled "fly-by-wire" throttle, and I got SICK of putting the pedal down and counting "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississippi" before the car would shift and move. Honestly, the throttle lag was so bad I thought it dangerous to drive in city traffic.
Bad Ford, no soup for you!

larryo340
05-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Bad idea. I bought an auto GT and disliked it so much, I traded it in on a stick. The auto has P*** poor shift scheduling, compounded by an idiot computer controlled "fly-by-wire" throttle, and I got SICK of putting the pedal down and counting "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississippi" before the car would shift and move. Honestly, the throttle lag was so bad I thought it dangerous to drive in city traffic.
Bad Ford, no soup for you!
I think all their cars are fly by wire by now, automatic or manual

Mad4Macs
05-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, they're all fly-by wire, but for whatever reason, the communication between the throttle computer and the trans on the auto is whacked.
At least with the stick, you can force a downshift, tag it, and get an answer you can live with.

jimlam56
05-19-2007, 03:57 PM
[quote=1of328;496361]If I could, I would have bought one or even not, sold one by now.... Thats another thing, Ford has become a bit disappointing over the past couple of month to me. They have stopped mass producing manual transmission GT mustangs, and have created an over abundance of the automatics that no one will buy."

Interesting.
I've been monitoring ebay for the past few weeks for an 05 manual GT.
It seems the 5spds are at a premium, going for more than similarly equipped slushboxes...:confused:

Bluerauder
05-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Not only that, they are now touting the new Tauras and Tauras X, which are nothing more than the Five-hundred, and the No market having Freestyle with a new Damn grill, Complete B.S....

So what's wrong with the Freestyle?? :rolleyes: I think it is a fanstastic vehicle that Ford failed to market properly (sound familiar). The wife loves her Freestyle Limited (in matching Dark Blue Pearl) ... it's loaded with the works and its one of the best and most marketable items Ford has offered in years. Too bad the dealers and sales staff don't know what they have.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/TwoBlues03MMand06Freestyle.jpg

I don't blame folks for trying to work out the best deal that they can because they KNOW that FORD will be offering huge discounts to move them sooner or later. The ads that I see down here routinely offer rebates or discounts of $2000, $3000, $4000, $5000 and $6000 depending on the car/truck. Why pay $42K for an Explorer when I get get it in a couple months for under $37K.

Even our beloved Mercury Marauder was advertised early on at $30K. At MV III we were informed that Elena Ford unilaterally bumped it to $35K (probably just to maximize profits -- or maybe to cover fuel for her Yacht). To be honest, the difference between $35K and $30K delayed my MM purchase until I could get it for less. I did --- $27,500 just as the '04s were being released. I would have probably bought it a year earlier if they had stuck to the original price. But they in fact lost $2,500 off planned because of a poor move. That's my opinion on car pricing and working deals. Sorry. JMHO.

Mad4Macs
05-19-2007, 05:17 PM
BUY THE MANUAL!!!!
Better mileage, better response, and MORE FUN!

Mad4Macs
05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Even our beloved Mercury Marauder was advertised early on at $30K.

I bought mine from the dealer in '03 for $25,500. It was a demo, and the dealership was clueless :banana2:

Shora
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
People come in looking for a fully loaded Explorer that is a $42,000.00 unit,

There was a lady that just came thru and after test driving two different GT mustangs, decided that because the seat belt strape could not be lowered to accommodate her, she was not going to buy!!!!????:confused:

First, I would not want to be working as a salesperson at a Ford dealership right now.

We own 8 Fords in my family, but it will be very hard to get us into another one.

In fact, the last two cars in the family have already not been Fords. My uncle bought a Dodge Ram Hemi because Ford was not willing to deal and my older brother (who also owns a Marauder) paid more for an Odyssey because the Big 3 only offer crap in that segment.

They are making all of the mistakes possible and the competition, both foreign and domestic, offer better choices in EVERY SEGMENT.

The ONLY thing bringing people into Ford dealerships these days is the price. There might be some fools willing to pay $42K for an Explorer but not many. Everyone knows that they can get much better SUVs for that kind of money.
The Tahoe kicks the Explorer's ass (had both), can be had for that kind of money, and comes with a better standard warranty.

Lastly, I really understand why you are mad since Ford products affect the way you pay your bills but don't blame the lady for not buying the GT because the seat belts don't adjust.

Almost all cars these days offer adjustable seat belts since it is not only a comfort issue but also a SAFETY issue. I bet that all the competition of the GT have adjustable seat belts and Ford should get their ***** together and realize that it's the small details that count. A sports car should fit you like a glove if you have a seatbelt tugging on your neck you are not going to buy it.

In all my years of driving, I have never owned anything other than Ford/ GM but Ford's line up for the last 4 years or so is about as appealing to an auto enthusiast as a KIA.

Someone just bought this Acura TL Type-S. And while it is indeed a little ricerish, the look is original and not boring like the current Fords and the materials and Fit and Finish is FIRST RATE.

I understand those who say, BUY AMERICAN (that is what I have done until this very day) but please, don't even try to tell me that Ford builds something of this quality these days.

BTW,he paid UNDER $40K out the door.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue01_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8095&c=3&userid=3513)

The paint is first rate and the rims (love them or hate them) are about as original as they come.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue02_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8096&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue03_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8097&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue04_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8098&c=3&userid=3513)

Who doesn't want to grab that steering wheel? Look at all the details just on the wheel, nevermind the instrument cluster/ dash, and the high quality of the materials.

The paddle shifters look like just plain fun.

larryo340
05-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, they're all fly-by wire, but for whatever reason, the communication between the throttle computer and the trans on the auto is whacked.
At least with the stick, you can force a downshift, tag it, and get an answer you can live with.
After driving my fathers '06 Grand Marquis with drive by wire you would never know it. It drives like it had a cable. I worked for FORD up until a year ago, and at that time there was reprogramming from FORD TSB's which made it much better.

larryo340
05-19-2007, 07:51 PM
The ONLY thing bringing people into Ford dealerships these days is the price. There might be some fools willing to pay $42K for an Explorer but not many. Everyone knows that they can get much better SUVs for that kind of money.
The Tahoe kicks the Explorer's ass (had both), can be had for that kind of money, and comes with a better standard warranty

How can you compare an Explorer to a Tahoe, they are in two different classes (one midsize and the other fullsize). A friend got a new loaded Tahoe about 4 months ago, and I know it was around $50K. I don't think a Trailblazer compares to the Explorer in ride, fit and finish, and looks. For example a Toyota 4Runner loaded is about $45K and up, and ride like crap.

The price is not the only thing bringing people into FORD dealerships as I see it. How the vehicle treats them as well as the service dept treats them helps people decide. FORD in my opinion has overall a nice looking fleet, FORD is still above the domestics in interior looks, and fit & finish, and ride.

Yeah you might think I am biased to FORD, and I probably am, But I would not jump to another make to save $1 when FORD's are just as good if not better than the competition. Owner loyalty does count in the long run.

I wish you luck with your Acura, one tip though if one dealer "won't deal" if you try another (regardless of vehicle make) I bet you will find one that will.

Shora
05-19-2007, 08:39 PM
How can you compare an Explorer to a Tahoe, they are in two different classes (one midsize and the other fullsize). A friend got a new loaded Tahoe about 4 months ago, and I know it was around $50K. I don't think a Trailblazer compares to the Explorer in ride, fit and finish, and looks. For example a Toyota 4Runner loaded is about $45K and up, and ride like crap.

The price is not the only thing bringing people into FORD dealerships as I see it. How the vehicle treats them as well as the service dept treats them helps people decide. FORD in my opinion has overall a nice looking fleet, FORD is still above the domestics in interior looks, and fit & finish, and ride.

Yeah you might think I am biased to FORD, and I probably am, But I would not jump to another make to save $1 when FORD's are just as good if not better than the competition. Owner loyalty does count in the long run.

I wish you luck with your Acura, one tip though if one dealer "won't deal" if you try another (regardless of vehicle make) I bet you will find one that will.

You make very good points. However, while the Tahoe is indeed a full size SUV and the Explorer is mid size they usually have the same customer base. Trust me; a very nicely optioned one can be had close to $42K.

I must disagree with you that Ford has a nice overall fleet. Remember, you and I who are far from Sr. Citizens are the exception. Most people younger than 65 will not even consider owning a MGM. While I love the panther platform cars and wish that Ford does indeed keep building them, they are old news and Fords new offerings (500, Edge, Fusion) are pathetic IMO.

Remember, loyalty should not blind you.

larryo340
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
You make very good points. However, while the Tahoe is indeed a full size SUV and the Explorer is mid size they usually have the same customer base. Trust me; a very nicely optioned one can be had close to $42K.

I must disagree with you that Ford has a nice overall fleet. Remember, you and I who are far from Sr. Citizens are the exception. Most people younger than 65 will not even consider owning a MGM. While I love the panther platform cars and wish that Ford does indeed keep building them, they are old news and Fords new offerings (500, Edge, Fusion) are pathetic IMO.

Remember, loyalty should not blind you.

I like the 500's, only problem is lack of power, Fusion not bad, too small and looks like a Jap car,Edge I have no idea never been near one.
I hear you about loyalty;) , I wouldn't spite myself with a bad product due to it. I'll just stick with the ones I know and like.
Hell everyone deserves a second chance!!

1of327
05-30-2007, 01:20 PM
And again here we sit in a empty dealership, with no phone/ lot traffic...and have called everyone that I could to the point of aggrevation.
I am told that it is not localized, but a widespread domestic buying decline.......

Bluerauder
05-30-2007, 01:48 PM
And again here we sit in a empty dealership, with no phone/ lot traffic...and have called everyone that I could to the point of aggrevation.
I am told that it is not localized, but a widespread domestic buying decline.......
I wouldn't think that a Wednesday afternoon would be a big day for walk-in traffic at a dealership. I think that every car that I have ever bought was on a Saturday or a Holiday.

offroadkarter
05-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't think that a Wednesday afternoon would be a big day for walk-in traffic at a dealership. I think that every car that I have ever bought was on a Saturday or a Holiday.

We bought ours on a weekend, picked it last tuesday.

1of327
05-30-2007, 03:05 PM
You would be suprised how many do buy during the weekday.

RCSignals
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM

Someone just bought this Acura TL Type-S. And while it is indeed a little ricerish, the look is original and not boring like the current Fords and the materials and Fit and Finish is FIRST RATE.

I understand those who say, BUY AMERICAN (that is what I have done until this very day) but please, don't even try to tell me that Ford builds something of this quality these days.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue01_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8095&c=3&userid=3513)

The paint is first rate and the rims (love them or hate them) are about as original as they come.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue02_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8096&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue03_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8097&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Blue04_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8098&c=3&userid=3513)

Who doesn't want to grab that steering wheel? Look at all the details just on the wheel, nevermind the instrument cluster/ dash, and the high quality of the materials.

you're kidding about that Accura, right?

dwasson
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Owner loyalty does count in the long run.

How does it count. You know that Ford would screw you blue if you gave them a chance. What are you loyal to?

dwasson
05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Ford has trained the public to wait until they pay them to buy the car. Why buy the car when it is first released when you know that in 6 - 9 months you'll get huge discounts and rebates. Throw in how the used car market has been depressed by the 2 year leases, and buying a new car doesn't make a lot of sense.

1of327
05-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Ford has trained the public to wait until they pay them to buy the car. Why buy the car when it is first released when you know that in 6 - 9 months you'll get huge discounts and rebates. Throw in how the used car market has been depressed by the 2 year leases, and buying a new car doesn't make a lot of sense.

Absolutely Correct, I'm sad to say...

MarauderTJA
05-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I have an 03 ZX5 - SVT Focus that I absoultely love. Drove it from KC, MO where I bought it home to Cape Coral, Florida. Last Saturday I drove it from Cape Coral to Bedford, PA where I am now. This trip I will put more than 4K on the car. It is an awesome little sport compact. Never mind that SVT is gone, WHY DOESN"T FORD CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS GREAT LITTLE CAR:confused:. Yes they still make the Focus, but this car is no where even close to the SVT Focus. It gets 32 MPG, goes like hell (have had it up to 145 MPH) and could compete against any of the Japanese ricers and German sport boxes easily on a road course. And it is not turbocharged. FORD really needs to get there act together.

1of327
05-30-2007, 04:57 PM
The SVT Focus was an excellent little car, and the re-sale and collectability is unbelieveable. Same thing with the F150 Lightening!
I have no Idea were Fords head is, ( Five hundred to a Taurus). It shows in there marketing.

MarauderTJA
05-30-2007, 05:06 PM
The SVT Focus was an excellent little car, and the re-sale and collectability is unbelieveable. Same thing with the F150 Lightening!
I have no Idea were Fords head is, ( Five hundred to a Taurus). It shows in there marketing.

I agree. I have no desire to sell this car what so ever. I have had 8 people approach me asking me if I would sell it since I bought it last October... And for good money too!

1of327
05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
apparently, we have a lightening showing on a website somewhere, that people from California are calling about. We get atleast, 4-6 calls a week about this truck that sold over six months ago.
somthin' bout those svt's Ford just does't get!

larryo340
05-30-2007, 05:43 PM
How does it count. You know that Ford would screw you blue if you gave them a chance. What are you loyal to?
Loyal to the vehicles. My family has been a FORD family since about 1988, my folks 2 Crown Vics and 3 Grand Marquis, sister T-Bird and now 2005 Escape, myself 1985 Bronco (had 10 years), '91 Explorer (too small for me) '98 Explorer (now exwife), and 2 Grand Marquis
We have had very good luck with all these vehicles, nothing major out of pocket.

Question-- If you always go to a certain restuarant and everything has been great, but the last visit was terrible---would you go back. Or would you forget about all the past good???

Granted I have up until recently worked at FORD/LINCOLN/MERCURY and serviced all our cars wither personally or picked the technichan

larryo340
05-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Funny, but isn't that what most if not all manufacturers including the imports train us to do?
I agree about buying new cars, personally I have never bought one brand new, a couple years old ok.

RCSignals
05-30-2007, 07:22 PM

This is basically true, however it doesn't just apply to Ford

Shora
05-30-2007, 11:27 PM
First, I would not want to be working as a salesperson at a Ford dealership right now.

We own 8 Fords in my family, but it will be very hard to get us into another one.

In fact, the last two cars in the family have already not been Fords. My uncle bought a Dodge Ram Hemi because Ford was not willing to deal and my older brother (who also owns a Marauder) paid more for an Odyssey because the Big 3 only offer crap in that segment.

They are making all of the mistakes possible and the competition, both foreign and domestic, offer better choices in EVERY SEGMENT.

The Tahoe kicks the Explorer's ass (had both), can be had for that kind of money, and comes with a better standard warranty.

Lastly, I really understand why you are mad since Ford products affect the way you pay your bills but don't blame the lady for not buying the GT because the seat belts don't adjust.

Almost all cars these days offer adjustable seat belts since it is not only a comfort issue but also a SAFETY issue. I bet that all the competition of the GT have adjustable seat belts and Ford should get their ***** together and realize that it's the small details that count. A sports car should fit you like a glove if you have a seatbelt tugging on your neck you are not going to buy it.

In all my years of driving, I have never owned anything other than Ford/ GM but Ford's line up for the last 4 years or so is about as appealing to an auto enthusiast as a KIA.

you're kidding about that Accura, right?

I wish that I was joking.

My cousin has the 2007 Acura TL-Type S and it is FAR superior to ANY sedan currently in F/L/M fleet.

Everything is of such high quality inside and out it is such a true pleasure to drive. Its power train is so smooth, it's steering so responsive, and the materials (plastic/ leather) and fit/ finish are TOPS.

Actually, I think Ford (Ford of Europe who builds more modern and advanced cars than Ford of North America) is paying more attention to Acura than you may like to admit.

The lines of this Acura (from fenders back):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Acura1_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8243&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/Acura2_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8244&c=3&userid=3513)

Happen to be VERY similar to those of Ford's new 2008 Mondeo:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/FordMondeo2_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8246&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/FordMondeo1_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8245&c=3&userid=3513)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/FordMondeo3jpg_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8247&c=3&userid=3513)

RCSignals
05-30-2007, 11:32 PM
VERY similar to many other vehicles. The Accura is a bloated bulky design in comparison. I don't see anything that is copied.

larryo340
05-31-2007, 06:32 AM
VERY similar to many other vehicles. The Accura is a bloated bulky design in comparison. I don't see anything that is copied.
Funny how if you take the Acura emblem and turn it upside down it looks like a Honda emblem :thinker: oh wait a minute Acura= overpriced Honda :D

Bluerauder
05-31-2007, 06:41 AM
Funny how if you take the Acura emblem and turn it upside down it looks like a Honda emblem :thinker: oh wait a minute Acura= overpriced Honda :D
Every time I see a Toyota emblem, it looks like a guy wearing a sombrero to me. :D

I think it is supposed to be a bull -- but I just don't see it. ;)

dwasson
05-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Loyal to the vehicles.

So, you're loyal to inanimate objects?

Question-- If you always go to a certain restuarant and everything has been great, but the last visit was terrible---would you go back. Or would you forget about all the past good???

There's a pizza place in Detroit that I used to love. From 1978 to 1986 I ate there once a month. After the old owners sold out the quality went down. I gave them a couple tries but I eventually got tired of the sloppy treatment. Now I go to another pizza place. The old place has new owners again and they talk about how good the place is. But the new place has treated me right for the last 10 years and my loyalty has transferred to them.

larryo340
05-31-2007, 06:59 AM
So, you're loyal to inanimate objects?

There's a pizza place in Detroit that I used to love. From 1978 to 1986 I ate there once a month. After the old owners sold out the quality went down. I gave them a couple tries but I eventually got tired of the sloppy treatment. Now I go to another pizza place. The old place has new owners again and they talk about how good the place is. But the new place has treated me right for the last 10 years and my loyalty has transferred to them.

sure am, it doesn't let me down, treats me right, keeps me cool on a hot day, and it doesn't argue with me (like you can with wife)

yes, but you tried more than once, that's my point.

larryo340
05-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Every time I see a Toyota emblem, it looks like a guy wearing a sombrero to me. :D

I think it is supposed to be a bull -- but I just don't see it. ;)

I did work in a Toyota service dept for a year(felt like an eternity), and every time I saw the emblem I saw man wearing a cowboy hat. Now that you mention it, I do see a sombrero also.

side note:
the cars and trucks were far from trouble free, Toyota warranty times for jobs are very very low, and do not pay for alot of diagnostic time if any. I think thats how they look good on paper.

ctrlraven
05-31-2007, 07:16 AM
I feel your pain, I used to work at a Ford dealership a couple of years ago. Upper management would always harp on us for not selling enough units a month. What are we do to with 15 guys on staff and maybe 5-7 people come in everyday. I pretty much lived on the lot and stayed far away from the group of sharks standing at the front door.

I always hated when someone came in with a beat up trade-in and thought they would get top dollar for it or it was a complete surprise to them when they found out they had horrible credit and went from looking at a king rach super duty to a Focus SE.

ALWAYS know your credit before you to a dealership, it just prepares you for the truth of things.

larryo340
05-31-2007, 07:48 AM
I feel your pain, I used to work at a Ford dealership a couple of years ago. Upper management would always harp on us for not selling enough units a month. What are we do to with 15 guys on staff and maybe 5-7 people come in everyday. I pretty much lived on the lot and stayed far away from the group of sharks standing at the front door.

I always hated when someone came in with a beat up trade-in and thought they would get top dollar for it or it was a complete surprise to them when they found out they had horrible credit and went from looking at a king rach super duty to a Focus SE.

ALWAYS know your credit before you to a dealership, it just prepares you for the truth of things.
very few dealer showrooms here on Long Island have honest salespeople that are there to sell you what you want not what they want to sell you.

Mccarville FORD in Suffolk county just closed after I think about 30 years, my family bought three cars from them. The way they dealt with us in showroom should be a model for all dealers. All was perfect, in prices, financing, only sold FORD accessories and warranties. They only negative was that there service dept was terrible, but I recommened the showroom to many people. That is how dealers should operate. Don't just concentrate on selling the one car, and F%$K us every which way you can. Treat us right and youi will sell many more cars from us and word of mouth!!

Bluerauder
05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Mccarville FORD in Suffolk county just closed after I think about 30 years, my family bought three cars from them.
Right on Middle Country Road in Centereach. I used to "supervise" 9 US Army recruiting stations (7 active - 2 USAR/ARNG) in Suffolk. We had a station in Coram right at the intersection of 25 & 112. That was just about 30 years ago. Sheeeeeesh !! :D

larryo340
05-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Right on Middle Country Road in Centereach. I used to "supervise" 9 US Army recruiting stations (7 active - 2 USAR/ARNG) in Suffolk. We had a station in Coram right at the intersection of 25 & 112. That was just about 30 years ago. Sheeeeeesh !! :D
Yep, they closed a month ago. They will be missed. I had a house a block behind them.

MACFORD88
05-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Good Thing I Can Use D-plan When Buying A New Ford Or Mercury.

larryo340
05-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Good Thing I Can Use D-plan When Buying A New Ford Or Mercury.
Yeah I miss that, I thought I heard thru the grapevine FORD might stop the plan??
I hope not, gotta give back to employees somehow