PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bullitt Recovered

94_302
05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
A gorgeous DHG Bullitt was stolen in the Orlando Florida area a few days ago. It has been recovered thanks to a local group of enthusiasts.

Long threads but good reads:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141736

The folks who recovered it:
http://www.fuel****.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55841&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

replace **** with s l u t

The gorgeous Bullitt that was stolen:
http://www.looseboltsmotorsports.com/images/bullitt/rob6.jpg

It's nice to know people are still willing to go out of their way for someone they don't even know and sacrificing physical damage to their own cars to aide in the recovery process.

sicilianmarquis
05-20-2007, 01:29 PM
thats badass, we all gotta watch each others backs like the too

gonzo50
05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
thats badass, we all gotta watch each others backs like the too

Man, if I had a crew looking out for my 89' Mustang GT when it was stolen back in 1999, in the city of brotherly love (Philly), I would never take it out of state again......chalk one up for the "Good Guys":bows: :banana:

oldekid
05-20-2007, 03:21 PM
That's an interesting story. You have to read about 15 pages of posts before the good part though.

Glad to see that everyone got involved and that it had a pretty good ending.

Thanks for posting.

offroadkarter
05-20-2007, 04:45 PM
That's an interesting story. You have to read about 15 pages of posts before the good part though.

Glad to see that everyone got involved and that it had a pretty good ending.

Thanks for posting.

Its all good parts, i laughed, cried and was in shock and awe as i gaped my mouth afew times, then laughed some more :D

Vortex
05-21-2007, 08:29 AM
I just wish they had caught that fat POS car thief.

ckadiddle
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Glad it was found. I will read when I have time. Had read some of it on a stang website.

DEFYANT
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
That was very interesting from a LEO POV.

drwhy
05-21-2007, 09:57 AM
That was very interesting from a LEO POV.

Would you care to elaborate on that comment?

Thanks,
Tom

oldekid
05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
I just spoke to Jake LaMotta at LaMotta Performance, regarding some work in his shop, and he said the Bullit mustang was to be trailored to his shop today to be checked out.

By the way . . . . . Jake's wife just purchased a stock Silver Birch Marauder. I bet it doesn't stay stock for very long. I didn't get to ask where he got it, but we may soon have a new member at SSM.

:banana2:

teamrope
05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I just wish they had caught that fat POS car thief.

I bet if they staked out the Latino bar that they found the car at, eventually they would.

A 10lb sledge hammer to a few choice joints would guarantee that POS would never drive anything faster than a chin controlled electric wheel chair too.

endless
05-21-2007, 10:50 PM
the stance on that mustang is wicked.

i want that.

sicilianmarquis
05-21-2007, 11:45 PM
maybe you should go steal it, lol (j\k)

oldekid
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I was at LaMotta Performance a couple of days ago, and saw this car. The front fascia is pretty scuffed up. Jake Lamotta said that they checked out the engine and it was ok, but there may be a problem in the transmission. This is a really nice looking car. It just sucks that some ********* can get away with this.

I really admire that fact that the local Mustang clubs were very much responsible for recovering this car. They were actively on the road looking for this car, and responsible for it's recovery.

It's amazing what the powers of the internet can do for us.

I would hope that if my car was stolen, the local MM owners would pitch in and be as proactive as the Mustang guys were.

Raudermaster
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
That was old news, I read that on SVTP about a week ago. Gorgeous car though, glad the kid got it back. Thieves *****ing suck.

Raudermaster
06-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm also shocked that a Camaro guy sacrificed his car for a Mustang!

oldekid
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
That was old news, I read that on SVTP about a week ago. Gorgeous car though, glad the kid got it back. Thieves *****ing suck.It may be old news, but since I actually saw the car, and talked to the owner of the shop, I thought I would post this update.

Sorry if it's old news.

MACFORD88
06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Makes Me Want To Get Lojack For My Marauder.thats Under A Car Cover And In The Garage.

Raudermaster
06-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm not ripping on anybody, I was just stating that I read it about a week ago. Although, I've heard this story had made it to about 8 other car forums which is awesome.

ncmm
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Good news gets around. The IMBOC is a great forum for any Bullitthead or any car enthusiast!