PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Dead or Alive.....

martyo
06-29-2003, 08:58 PM
After a month and a half of not a single day off, I finally planned a weekend to relax. So I took my MM down to my marina late Friday night so I could spend the weekend on my boat. Left the car there overnight Saturday in a very well-lighted, well-travelled section of the parking lot. Returned today and what do I find? Some bastage has stolen my custom (no one else on this site had or 'em or would admit to having 'em - and, no, they were not Godsheads) tire valve caps.

If I catch this bastage, I will keel haul him (or her) and then feed their remains to the fish.

I am pizzed. Need I say more?

Bigdogjim
06-29-2003, 09:08 PM
That sucks. I will hold them while you smack them. :mad:

jrzygrl
06-29-2003, 09:09 PM
I'll kick em' silly with my killer roundhouse for ya' Marty!!!!!

Jeff
06-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Man!! :depress:

martyo
06-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Stinkin' Bastages!!

Mad1
06-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Martyo,

Hanging 's to good for 'em.

Damn, those are some expensive caps to replace too. (Had to do two replacements myself ... incompetent dealer tried to give me those black bicycle stem caps after my accident.)

martyo
06-29-2003, 09:54 PM
No, I will not use those black caps either! But boy, the car sure looks naked without caps.

RCSignals
06-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Did you have the dice caps?

Next time you'll have to rig them with an alarm, or tear gas, or something

JGaignat
06-29-2003, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mad1
[B]Martyo,

Hanging 's to good for 'em.

I agree.......

martyo
06-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RCSignals
Did you have the dice caps?

Guilty as charged......But I liked 'em!!

Patrick
06-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Sorry dude!!! Aleast thats ALL they did!!! But I would like a sum time with the pareants for teaching them that this OK to do!!! Not enought disipline these days. Not abuse, thier is huge differance!!!! And manners!! Sorry to carry on but this is sore subject with me. Hold the door open for someone, Say thank you, and saying yes sir, no mam. Maybe I am old shcool, but I like old school. I am only 38. But a little kindess goes ALONG WAY!!!!!! Times have changed. And I dont like it. Dont get me wrong I do see alot more good than bad, buts its the bad thats gets the most press. I am no Saint, I curz, like my beer. But I have my values that cant be shut off. Respect for for other peolpe and thier values and POPERTY!!!!!!! Race, religion, It cares nothing to me.

Sorry to carry on. But I do that from time to time! Iwould be in favor of serving them up to the fishes, But those will get what they dervse in the END!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shutting up, Patrick

Bigdogjim
06-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey Marty How about the one that light up while you drive????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

martyo
06-30-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Hey Marty How about the one that light up while you drive????

I thought of that, but what would I use, "black lights"?

prchrman
06-30-2003, 03:31 AM
decapitated...:down:

MM03MOK
06-30-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by martyo
If I catch this bastage, I will keel haul him (or her) and then feed their remains to the fish.
CHUM for sure!! Bastages!! Hope you can find replacements. At least you have a picture!

TAF
06-30-2003, 06:08 AM
Sorry to hear about someone "lifting" your valve stem caps, Marty.

(Note to self: Post pics of new..uh-hum...borrowed valve stem caps on BON instead of MM.net)

mdmarauder
06-30-2003, 06:19 AM
It's better than coming out to find your lock cylinder missing!!

(Trust Me)

RCSignals
06-30-2003, 11:08 AM
But I liked 'em!!

Seems someone else likes them too!

cyclone03
06-30-2003, 11:22 AM
I remember when I was a kid my Dad came home from work,my bike was in the middle of the drivway as usual,he got out of the car and while moving my bike he noticed my new valve stem caps.After checking that his were still installed he asked were I got mine.Well when the truth came out he marched me around the block where I had to go to the front door and return the caps to their rightful owner.I also got to walk for 2 weeks and study the walls in my room.

Truth is the scum that ripped you off was probly in there 20's..........

RF Overlord
06-30-2003, 11:47 AM
marty0:

Maybe now's the time to get a set of those cool ones that tell you what your tire pressure is...or the ones that light up...OOOH! I know!...tiny propellers!

prchrman
06-30-2003, 12:55 PM
Marty...I think maybe that was a cut from the brainiac...propellers!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RF Overlord
marty0:

Maybe now's the time to get a set of those cool ones that tell you what your tire pressure is...or the ones that light up...OOOH! I know!...tiny propellers!

SergntMac
06-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Marty...Isn't theft the highest form of flattery?

You should feel complimented!

mtnh
06-30-2003, 04:27 PM
NHINTERCEPTOR must feel well-complimeted, then!

UncleLar
06-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Maybe I should start a sideline business of my own,with my day job it'd work out pretty well,
"Uncle Lar's Custom Made Cement Swimwear". There'd be the East River line,the Jimmy Hoffa special,etc...

jgc61sr2002
06-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Marty - If I were you . I would be happy that was all that was taken or done to your Marauder. I get you a new set of valve stem caps for your birthday. :up:

JohnnyB
06-30-2003, 07:13 PM
marty - I remember seeing those valve caps during the New York MM meet in March. They were way cool looking on the car.

Sorry to hear some loser got close to your ride and ripped them off....

martyo
06-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
Marty - If I were you . I would be happy that was all that was taken or done to your Marauder. I get you a new set of valve stem caps for your birthday. :up:

OK!

martyo
06-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyB
marty - I remember seeing those valve caps during the New York MM meet in March. They were way cool looking on the car.

Sorry to hear some loser got close to your ride and ripped them off....

Good news is I found a website where I can order replacements. I should have 'em in about a week. I ordered three sets, just in case! :mad:

Merc-O-matic
06-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss......time to take mine off
and use only for show. I guess turds are everywhere.
You need a "beater" for everyday driving nowdays.
Hang tough!

RCSignals
06-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Well, next time you leave it there, remove the caps and replace them with something ugly.

or, air up your tires and crazy glue the caps on :lol:

SergntMac
06-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by mtnh
NHINTERCEPTOR must feel well-complimeted, then!

Oh, you rascal! You are just too cool...

How long did you lay in the weeds for this mystical opportunity? Jeeze, it could have been years! But, I am pleased you didn't have to wait that long.

Got it that bad eh?

LOL...

SouLRioT
07-01-2003, 04:09 PM
FYI there are Theft-Deterrent ones out there. I have a set of crome ones on. Only thing i dont like about them are that they have the flying M on them and not the merc head. http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/jovino/.mids/CAPFORDMERC.JPG

martyo
07-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SouLRioT
FYI there are Theft-Deterrent ones out there. I have a set of crome ones on. Only thing i dont like about them are that they have the flying M on them and not the merc head.

I have those too (and they are now installed on my car), but they are no where as cool as the one's that were stolen from me!

RCSignals
07-01-2003, 09:28 PM
don't you mean

"they are no where as hot as the one's that were stolen from me!" :)

martyo
07-02-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
don't you mean

"they are no where as hot as the one's that were stolen from me!" :)

I stand corrected!

martyo
07-24-2003, 05:04 AM
First, I want to say thanks for the out pouring of grief and sympathy I received from my fellow MM owners over the loss of my valve caps.

The good news is, thanks to the help of another MM.net member (Lynn-jrzygrl), I was able to get replacements and my MM is back and "rolling."

If anyone even comes close to my MM again, why I'll......

O's Fan Rich
07-24-2003, 07:10 AM
And I just run the Milton hex caps on mine. 2 bucks for a set of 4, and you can crank 'em down with a 1/4 drive. Keeps the weak fingered bastards away anyway!!

jgc61sr2002
07-24-2003, 07:52 AM
First, I want to say thanks for the out pouring of grief and sympathy I received from my fellow MM owners over the loss of my valve caps.

The good news is, thanks to the help of another MM.net member (Lynn-jrzygrl), I was able to get replacements and my MM is back and "rolling."

If anyone even comes close to my MM again, why I'll...... Marty - I bought a set of inexpensive metal caps and put the originals away.