PDA

View Full Version : Not car related.

MarauderMike
06-29-2003, 11:40 PM
In loving memory of my father, William Jerome Ardrey.
Retired Ford Motor Company
Always in my thoughts,
Always in my prayers,
Always in my heart.

March 31, 1925- June 29, 2003

RCSignals
06-29-2003, 11:52 PM
MarauderMike
sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Jeff
06-30-2003, 12:07 AM
Sorry to hear 'bout your dad.

Patrick
06-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Our thoughts and prayers to you and your famaily. :( :(

JamesHecker
06-30-2003, 12:30 AM
God bless you, your father, and your family, Mike.

You honor us by sharing your loss with us.

Please feel free to share with us anything about him you might like to.

78 years is a long time. I'm sure there are many things you could say about your father.

I'm sure those of us that have lost a parent will especially appreciate it.

martyo
06-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Mike:

I lost my Dad, also known as my best friend, a little over two years ago. My world is just not the same without him. Not a day goes by where I don't think about him and miss him.

When I first laid eyes on my MM, my first instinct was to call my Dad. Unfortunately, he was already gone. Nonetheless, I have this strange feeling that he is "up there" looking down on me with that big ass grin of his and a certain "thumbs up" that we reserved for each other.

I hope you felt that same about your Dad. Always missed. Never forgotten. But we do carry on because that's what they would want and expect.

Geez, now that I am in this mode, it will be hard to for me to concentrate for a while... .

prchrman
06-30-2003, 03:46 AM
MarauderMike...sorry about your loss...take time to grieve and reminiscence...remember the good times...God bless you and your family...

MM03MOK
06-30-2003, 05:28 AM
Thanks for sharing with your "extended" family. I lost my dad and mentor just 10 years ago this month. I too have missed sharing with him my fast cars, fast boat and successes in life. He is always with me. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Mary

TripleTransAm
06-30-2003, 05:46 AM
I had the radio on in the background (America's Top Twenty) yesterday morning as I was playing with my 20 month-old boy. We were building complicated-looking garages out of MegaBloks (large "Lego"s) so he could 'park' his toy cars. Over the radio came this song I'd never heard, from Luther Vandross, called "Dancing with my Father" I think.

It was rough. I haven't lost my dad yet (don't know how much longer I'll have him around, though) but it was all I could do to keep it together. Beautiful song, and it made me realize that I wouldn't have the inner strength to deal with this kind of loss. If anything, it reminded me to take advantage of his presence in my life NOW.

MarauderMike, I'll raise a glass in your dad's memory this evening at the dinner table, and wish you strength in dealing with your loss.

TAF
06-30-2003, 05:54 AM
Mike,

From ALL of us here, our condolances. The best tribute that I feel I can give to my father is to try and be the father, husband and friend that I can to my wife and children. In just the manner of which he set the example. We all know it's a painful loss, but the job at hand will be to take what he taught you...pass it on...and see him again someday.

God bless you and yours,

RF Overlord
06-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Mike:

Sorry for your loss :( ...I think TAF said it better than I could...

Bigdogjim
06-30-2003, 07:40 AM
MarauderMike: God be with you! I lost my Father in '95. He was L&M dealer for over 40 years. Very hard loss. All my thought and prayers go with you and your family.

Your buddy at MM.net

Dr Caleb
06-30-2003, 09:28 AM
My condolances. It's never easy to lose a loved one, and doubly so for the people who spent the better parts of their lives giving of themselves to mould you into the person you are now.

I lost my father in '96, and my mother last year, so I can appreciate what you're going through. Remember the good times, and know that their voice in your head giving you advice won't go anywhere. I still hear my father telling me "We don't pay to heat the whole neighbourhood you know; What? Were you born on a boat?"

Their loss doesn't get any better, but it does get easier. If you need anything, let us know. We've got your back.

jgc61sr2002
06-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Mike - Sorry for your loss. Remember to good times you had with your father. I know what you are going through lost my father June 2000 and my mother April 2003. God bless you and your family.

JGaignat
06-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.
May the memories of your father help you through this difficult time.

Billatpro
06-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Below is something I wrote for my mother 12 years ago when my own father died. It's a little corney but it helped me a lot to write it and even more each time I read it. It helped my mother too, I hope it will help you to.

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME

When tomorrow starts without me
and I'm not there to see
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
Filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
As I know you do each day
While thinking of the many things
There was not time to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me
I know you'll miss me too.

please try to understand
that an angel came and called my name
and took me in a gentle hand.

The angel said my god awaits
in heaven far above
But I'd have to leave behind
those I dearly love.

But when I walked through Heaven's gate
I felt the peace of home
and God looked down and smiled at me
From on high his golden throne.

God said, This is eternity
and the place I've prepared you
Your life on earth is past,
but here it starts anew.

I promise every tomorrow
And for eternity it will last,
With each day filled with love.
And no sorows of the past.

Don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me
I'll be right there in your heart.

amerikan
06-30-2003, 09:21 PM
I am sorry about your loss. my thought go out to you and your family. god bless

SergntMac
06-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Every Monday evening, 50 weeks a year, The Pipes and Drums of the Chicago Police Department conduct weekly band assembly as a required duty. At the close of each evening, the Band meets in the Atrium of the Academy, to review the week passing, and to anticipate the week to come. It is the nature of our work that we never know when we will be together again. This meeting is concluded with a mention of loved ones departed in the past week, and a prayer is offered on their behalf. In honor of, and to always remember those close to us who have attended their last roll call, their names are entered into the band's duty log while Amazing Grace is played in their memory.

Monday, 30 Jun. 03., 2230 hr.
Nominated by Sgt. H. A. Mc Carthy, second from P/O Dan Mc Guire Jr., nays unspoken. Added to the roll 30 Jun. 03;

Wm. J. Ardrey, 1925-2003. God's speed, William, thank you.

(edit for spelling)

MarauderMike
07-01-2003, 05:39 PM
I am overwhelmed at all the responses I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. Like Martyo, Dad was my best friend, we did it all together. He never liked black cars but loved my Marauder, sadly he only got to ride in it a few times over the past year. Below is a little life story about my Dad and I'm sorry if it is a little lengthy, but I know you'll understand. Dad will be laid to rest on July 3.

March 31, 1925 – June 29, 2003

William Jerome Ardrey
Only child of Roy and Mae Irvin Ardrey
“Jerome” to family and friends from youth; “Jerry” to most business associates and neighbors.

Raised in the small village of Gratiot, Ohio where he enjoyed the company of many friends and relatives during his youth and assisted his father in the operation of a farm feed store the family owned for some years. Jerome’s love affair with automobiles and trucks began at that time as he made deliveries to surrounding farms and retrieved goods from the distribution center some 100 miles roundtrip before going to school each day.

Following a tour of duty with the U. S. Navy aboard the U. S. S. Hopewell in the Pacific Theater during World War II, he returned to his native Ohio and became engaged to a former schoolmate and high school band member, Waneva Denney.

Married August 4, 1946 in the village of Hopewell, Ohio at a church ceremony so well attended that guests were actually outside peering through the windows, they would have celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary in just five more weeks. A whirlwind honeymoon trip which included stops in Cleveland, Niagara Falls, New York City and Washington, D.C. set the pace for years of travel during their marriage with visits to 49 of the 50 states and numerous trips to Europe, often accompanied by dear family members and friends.

Jerome’s career after attending Muskingum College in New Concord, Ohio was varied and colorful, including periods with a grain company, hardware firm, realtor, the Chrysler Corporation and The Ford Motor Company where he spent more than 22 years with the dealership real estate department, retiring in 1987.

Three sons were born: Gary, Greg and Mike. The two oldest have lived in Florida for nearly 25 years, a reason Jerome and Waneva visited Florida frequently through the years. Mike, after residing in Omaha, Nebraska and Chicago, returned to Livonia and has been a member of the household.

Perhaps because of being an only child, and growing up in a small community, Jerome treasured family and friends; first cousins became as brothers and sisters; his wife’s two brothers and their wives were as his own, and he treasured his relationships with these people as well as nieces and nephews. The recent arrival of a new great nephew several months ago brought Jerome great joy as he would review photographs sent of the baby.

Incredibly inquisitive and talented with projects and tools, Jerome was an avid “do it yourselfer” who could take on nearly any project and conquer the challenge: whether repairing a car, tackling plumbing, building a room or doing electrical tasks, he loved the challenge and accomplishment.

Jerome’s quick wit, sense of humor and willingness to help will be missed, but the memories of his life will forever linger in the hearts of those who loved him.