PDA

View Full Version : Bad wiring harness to anyone besides my family?

Motorhead350
05-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm not talking just about the Marauder, but my parents 05 Navigators wiring harness melted the other day. As some of you know mine went out on my original engine and that was the true problem with it, not the kerosene. It seems like 2/2 Ford products have had this same problem. Did anyone else here experience it in their Marauder or related? Seems like the wares are simply in a poor location. :shake:

Zack
05-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I think there is a recall for that Dom.
Was it under the master cylinder?

RoyLPita
05-23-2007, 03:45 AM
The recall did not apply to the 2005 models. If the vehicle is under 4 years or 50k , it will be handled under base warranty.

larryo340
05-23-2007, 05:11 AM
I'm not talking just about the Marauder, but my parents 05 Navigators wiring harnis melted the other day. As some of you know mine went out on my original engine and that was the true problem with it, not the kerosene. It seems like 2/2 Ford products have had this same problem. Did anyone else here experience it in their Marauder or related? Seems like the wares are simply in a poor location. :shake:
do both Navigators have the same aftermarket accessories installed?

mpearce
05-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Harnis....

MENINBLK
05-23-2007, 06:51 AM
A lot of FORDs have had harness problems.
The wire manufacturers are using cheap insulation
on the wires that crack when they are a few years old.

Motorhead350
05-23-2007, 10:29 AM
do both Navigators have the same aftermarket accessories installed?

There really isn't anything aftermarket about either and the 05 is bone stock. Zack knows how to fix the problem, I don't think the harness would have to be relocated no matter what aftermarket mod we do, but I could be wrong. :confused: Zack I don't know where it was because I didn't take it in, but it's the 5.4 engine as you probably know so I would imagine if it's a Navigator or F-150 it's probably the same set up.