PDA

View Full Version : South Florida... anybody up for a mini meet?

JerseyVics
05-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey I'll be down in Fort Lauderdale/Miami for a day or two mid June...

Anybody up for a mini meet?

I'm arriving Tuesday June 12 and leaving on Wednesday the next day...

--Russ :banana2:

RoyLPita
05-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Whereabouts are you gonna be in Ft lauderdale?

JerseyVics
05-25-2007, 07:45 AM
I don't really have any specific plans.

I'm just trying to get away on my day off, so what better place than South Florida?

I used to go every week last year and I remember it was much more comfortable down there then up in the NYC area (even today its like 90F here and a comfortable 74F down there)

I'm definitely shooting to hit South Beach for a good chunk of my stay there, but you know, I'm open to suggestions.

--Russ

RoyLPita
05-25-2007, 07:50 AM
South Beach is a long trek for me. Besides, I might be working late that week, too.

JerseyVics
05-25-2007, 07:57 AM
you work at a Ford dealership right?

JerseyVics
06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
well we didn't run into any Panther Platform owners on this trip although I swear I've seen a few cars that looked like they were owned by members of this forum and the crown vic sites... you know, tastefully done stuff not 22's.

I got a free upgrade on my rental.... Ford Five Hundred in beautiful red... the performance wasn't as impressive, it felt like I was getting major turbo lag, even though this car has none. Took forever to accelerate but got a good 22.8mpg mix city and highway driving.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11 109&stc=1&d=1181863972

I liked the trip so much I'll be going back soon! :banana:

--Russ