PDA

View Full Version : windshield wipers

mark
10-02-2002, 07:08 PM
My passenger wiper sticks up above the black strip of the windshield, my dealer tells me he cannot adjust it any better than that. I have also tried, I cannot get the wiper to "hide " beneath the black strip. The dealer said all the GM do this.. Any suggestions!!

Logan
10-02-2002, 07:17 PM
He's right, they all do that. Not to mention, the wiper blades SUCK beans. Jump all over the windshield...

03 Merc
10-03-2002, 05:08 AM
Mark,

Yes they all do it...that makes it okay...:rolleyes:..I am looking at trying two things to correct the position of the blade when its parked.

First option: Remove the wiper arm from the post and relocate it so it sits lower. This assumes it is not "keyed" to the post.

Second option: Buy a second wiper arm and rebend it to sit lower. This bending would be done in the mid section of the arm..

Both of these will have to be checked for blade interference and wiper coverage. You might end up with a coverage gap in the middle of the windshield if you over do either....

Wags
10-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Logan,

I agree with you about those blades. Even with a steady rain, they still jump all over. It is very irratating to say the least.

Wags

Logan
10-03-2002, 11:30 AM
I use Rain-X just so I don't have to turn my wipers on.... :/

chapel1
10-03-2002, 04:14 PM
had dealer adjust my passanger side blade and it seems to seat much lower.But,the clearance between the blades and the hood when at rest is a problem especially if you want to clean your windshield? I know I could get back in the car and stop them in mid cycle ,but what a pain.I'm afriaid one of these days of scratching the underside of my hood.

Moparzz
10-03-2002, 07:00 PM
I changed my wipers over to Bosch after the first time I experienced rain on the windshield. The orginals were horrible. The Bosch wasn't an exact fit (I think the Marauders were 23") but I used the Bosch 22" wiper on the OEM arms and they work great!

oxy2
10-08-2002, 07:33 AM
I had the same problem with my wipers - passenger too high and skipped during the rain. The dealer put new wipers (had to order them) and reseated the passenger wiper blade. Blades do not skip in the rain and passenger side looks find, below the black.