PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Telemarketing

pantheroc
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
This cracks me up....got a call a few minutes ago from a warranty telemarketer....they choked on the name of the car! :D Mercury WHAT??? There was a longer pause before she hung up, luckily the answering machine cuts off the long pauses.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=8234

ckadiddle
05-30-2007, 07:33 AM
The Mercury 'Umm".

Hotrauder
05-30-2007, 08:43 AM
You would think that the telemarketers would hire really knowledgeable former car sales people. :rolleyes: Dennis

Bluerauder
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
You would think that the telemarketers would hire really knowledgeable former car sales people. :rolleyes: Dennis

Have you ever run into a "really knowledgeable former car sales person"? My experience has been that most of these folks really do not have a firm grasp on the products that they sell. Most only have a superficial knowledge based on what's printed in the brochure. Beyond that it is pure guesswork. Maybe there are just way too many models and variants to keep up with.

I am sure that there are very knowledgeable folks out there .... I just haven't met 'em. :rolleyes: Of course, by the time I walk into the dealer's showroom, I have already researched the vehicle to the nth degree. And if I want to know something in particular .... I'll ask my son ... the walking automotive encyclopedia.

Hotrauder
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Have you ever run into a "really knowledgeable former car sales person"? My experience has been that most of these folks really do not have a firm grasp on the products that they sell. Most only have a superficial knowledge based on what's printed in the brochure. Beyond that it is pure guesswork. Maybe there are just way too many models and variants to keep up with.

I am sure that there are very knowledgeable folks out there .... I just haven't met 'em. :rolleyes: Of course, by the time I walk into the dealer's showroom, I have already researched the vehicle to the nth degree. And if I want to know something in particular .... I'll ask my son ... the walking automotive encyclopedia.

I am sure Charlie that you see the rolled eyes. If you have met one, you are one up on me. I have been buying cars for 50 years. Not one. tho I do admit on my first buy I was the dumbest guy in the room. Dennis

Marauder386
05-30-2007, 09:59 AM
LoL...the ..Uhmm..Mercury...

I was waiting for Shelley to say MUD-BOGGER !!

8)