PDA

View Full Version : How To Keep Thieves From Stealing Beer

ctrlraven
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
A couple kids bust into a convenient store a grab 2 cases of beer and attempt to walk right out the door. The owner tells them to stop and when they refuse he pulls out an AK47.

http://break.com/index/owner-stops-thief-from-stealing-beer.html

Hotrauder
05-30-2007, 01:53 PM
That what I'm sayin. Those scumbags walk in and dare someone to stop them. If he had wasted them it would be a blessing for society but he would have been gone to the crowbar motel for the rest of his natural life. How long does it take to drive a fast Marauder to Singapore? There they would beat those POS to a pulp and then thrown them in the dirt palace forever. We need school I guess, since parents are on permanent holiday; to carry big sticks and use them with delight. Dam am I getting old. :mad:Dennis

offroadkarter
05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I think that wasnt an AK, plus what state was this in?

duhtroll
05-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Crowbar Motel! :laugh: :lol:

That's awesome.

However, as a teacher I will not be striking anyone's child any time soon, even if it should become legal. Most of my students have guns.

A former colleague of mine got a working bomb placed on his desk. It was a box with a string attached and a note taped to it that said "pull this." It very easily could have exploded, according to the authorities. Also, he very easily could have thought it was a joke or something harmless and been killed.

Security has since gotten a bit tighter, although anything like that could still happen anytime.

dwasson
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
I suppose it depends on what brand of beer it was. If it was Coors they could have claimed insanity.

Marauderman
05-30-2007, 04:22 PM
That what I'm sayin. Those scumbags walk in and dare someone to stop them. If he had wasted them it would be a blessing for society but he would have been gone to the crowbar motel for the rest of his natural life. How long does it take to drive a fast Marauder to Singapore? There they would beat those POS to a pulp and then thrown them in the dirt palace forever. We need school I guess, since parents are on permanent holiday; to carry big sticks and use them with delight. Dam am I getting old. :mad:Dennis

My Man here has it right--period. Your not old--Your just Pixxed ..I - agree!!

Bluerauder
05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think it was an AK47 either .... no banana clip. Maybe an AR15 with an open stock. Video was a little fuzzy for me to tell. Did he squeeze off 2-3 rounds before coming back into the store?

Dayum shame that a business owner feels it is necessary to bring out the heavy artillery to save two 12 packs of Miller Light. ;) Had this turned ugly ... there is no way this would have been justified without a show of weapons on either or both of the kids. I did see "something" briefly as one of them entered that he tucked in his pants -- not sure what it was or what I saw.

Another thing that you don't get from the video is the history that this owner had to put up with to force him into such a showdown with petty theives. Has he been robbed before, beaten, shot, whatever ..... this we don't know ... there may be mitigating circumstances. But shooting two teenage kids for swiping a case of beer is a bit much.

I remember a time when just being seen and yelled at would have caused the little bastiges to drop their stash and haul a$$. Now, it seems that they have been emboldened to the point that only immediate escalation to firearms works. Another shame.

To bad someone didn't put a boot in their a$$ long ago when they stole their first candy bar at the grocery store.

Marauderman
05-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree with what you said here--but dang--its still one for US!!!

Bluerauder
05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I agree with what you said here--but dang--its still one for US!!!
Not long ago around here, some POS tried to snatch an old woman's purse and she beat the little sucker silly with her umbrella until he was near unconsciousness. The police arrived and arrested him. He probably got his a$$ kicked again later that night in the D-Cell when he told his buddies what he had done. :D Now that is the appropriate use of force according to the ROE.

jgc61sr2002
05-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Definitely not in New York. The store owner would be under arrest.

offroadkarter
05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't think it was an AK47 either .... no banana clip. Maybe an AR15 with an open stockonly immediate escalation to firearms works.

Dont think so, my dad has 2 and it didnt look the same. Someone on there said "i have that same airsoft gun", kinda does look like my R 72 :lol:

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 499741" valign="top"><td class="alt1" align="center" width="125">jgc61sr2002</td> <td class="alt2"> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by offroadkarter http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=499631#post49 9631)
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Definitely not in New York. The store owner would be under arrest.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="thead" colspan="2">05-30-2007 09:12 PM</td></tr></tbody></table>

Same in NJ, you cant even get a license for an automatic.

oldekid
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Ya gotta love a redneck store clerk, in a plaid shirt with a gun. Now that's how you fight crime!

Get em Bubba!
:banana:

CRUZTAKER
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Video without audio sucks.:(

Leadfoot281
05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
However, as a teacher I will not be striking anyone's child any time soon, even if it should become legal. Most of my students have guns.

My 7th grade english teacher actually pulled my hair once. She just grabbed my big awesome mullet and nearlly lifted me out of my chair, right in front of the whole class.

It worked! I still know what a noun is. That incident also helped shape me into the wonderfull person I am today. :rolleyes:

MENINBLK
05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd like to see what happens when the kid comes back with his friends
and they all have guns...
Just showing off that you have a weapon is a very dangerous thing.
Word gets out and the thieves get braver and are prepared.

His best bet was to let the kid walk out with the beer.
He has his mug on camera and that is all the police need to find him.