PDA

View Full Version : Valuable history lesson. We're SCREWED!

BAD MERC
05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
So many letter writers have based their arguments on how this land is made up of immigrants. Ernie Lujan for one, suggests we should tear down the Statue of Liberty because the people now in question aren't being treated the same as those who passed through Ellis Island and other ports of entry.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people like Mr. Lujan why today's American is not willing to accept this new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United States, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in New York and be documented. Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new American households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.

They had waved goodbye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture.

Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labor laws to protect them and NO automatic citizenship for reproducing. All they had were the skills and craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity. Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany , Italy , France and Japan. None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan . They were defending the United States of America as one people. When we liberated France , no one in those villages were looking for the French-American or the German American or the Irish American. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American. They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are in 2007 with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by breaking into the country illegally and multiplying like a plague and then playing with a different set of rules, one that includes the entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their native country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all the toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to create a land that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags.

And for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty, it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the United States just yet.

P. S. Pass this on to everyone you know!!!

KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING!!

I hope this letter gets read by millions of people all across the nation!!

MENINBLK
05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I just want to say this and then I'm done...

The first Immigrants to North America were John Bosco and Christopher Columbus.

We were all just fine BEFORE they arrived...

RCSignals
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I just want to say this and then I'm done...

The first Immigrants to North America were John Bosco and Christopher Columbus.

We were all just fine BEFORE they arrived...

Were either of them Immigrants, or just visitors?

John Bosco wasn't old enough to have been of the first immigrants

Christopher Columbus sailed to the Caribbean not New York

Dragcity
05-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Amerigo Vespucci

larryo340
05-31-2007, 06:42 AM
So many letter writers have based their arguments on how this land is made up of immigrants. Ernie Lujan for one, suggests we should tear down the Statue of Liberty because the people now in question aren't being treated the same as those who passed through Ellis Island and other ports of entry.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people like Mr. Lujan why today's American is not willing to accept this new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United States, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in New York and be documented. Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new American households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.

They had waved goodbye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture.

Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labor laws to protect them and NO automatic citizenship for reproducing. All they had were the skills and craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity. Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany , Italy , France and Japan. None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan . They were defending the United States of America as one people. When we liberated France , no one in those villages were looking for the French-American or the German American or the Irish American. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American. They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are in 2007 with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by breaking into the country illegally and multiplying like a plague and then playing with a different set of rules, one that includes the entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their native country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all the toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to create a land that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags.

And for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty, it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the United States just yet.

P. S. Pass this on to everyone you know!!!

KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING!!

I hope this letter gets read by millions of people all across the nation!!
very well written
I do not understand how the government doesn't get it.

jim geary
05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Your absolutly correct Larry. What is so hard for our government to get. Way to much money and graft involved. And way too many crocked polliticans. And your right, that is an excellent peice. Should be published all
accross our nation.:)

1of327
05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Definately well said...I can't undersatnd that our representatives have now Idea of what the mind set is of the ones they are chosen to represent.
Like a blind person dictating to you what color to paint your house!!

larryo340
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM
I think he should send it in to all the nations big newspapers

Raudermaster
05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't have much against immigrants, besides the fact they think they deserve anything and everything free, which they shouldn't. I work 40+ hours a week , I do my time to pay Uncle Sam, and what do they get? Free medical and everything else under the sun that we pay for. The gov't here is *****ed up.

sailsmen
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I sent the following to my Congressmen.

Also please note upon the current bill being passed the 12-20 million illegals
are automatically legal and their family members can now legally migrate to the
USA. W/in 2 years there will be 50-80 million "illegal immigrants" who do not
write, speak or read english and most of whom do not write or read spanish.
Most are not interested in learning english or becoming US citizens, this is
why they carry a Mexican flag, carry spanish signs and make their demands in
spanish. Most of those who carried US flags were told to do so by the
organizers. I watched the vids and pics, Mexican flags.

This is the "Reconquistador" by Mexico of the USA.

"As my Representative please vote against any bill that gives amnesty to illegal
immigrants.

The only viable solution is to enforce the existing immigration laws.

The reason Mexico is a country w/ few economic opportunities is because of
Mexicans who are either corrupt or tolerating corruption.

Send the 20% of Mexicans that are in the US illegally back to Mexico and Mexico
will begin a transformation with in 6 months. President Eisenhower did it with
operation "Wet Back".

Allow illegal immigrants to continue to come to the US as an option to staying
in Mexico and changing their own country and Mexico will never have economic
opportunities for it's citizens.

We are supporting the corruption of Mexico, which is resulting in many Mexicans
being trapped in poverty.

Please vote for the current immigration laws to be enforced and increase the
penalties to employers for hiring illegal immigrants."

The illegal aliens are a thief that breaks into your house and takes what they want. Senator Vitter filed a bill that took away amnesty and the bill was defeated.

A Heritage study estimates a loss after taxes paid of $22,500 per year per illegal alien family.

I have begun calling ICE to report employers suspicious of hiring illegal aliens.

My Grandmother spoke a foreign language before she spoke english. They came here legally, started a business with over 100 employees that received an award in 2005 for being the best in the business. They have hired many a legal immigrant from several countries. Some have worked their way up to over $100K per year.

When you do immigrate legally everybody benefits. When you immigrate illegally only the illegals benefit. The illegal employer, the illegal alien and the corrupt government in Mexico.

In 1986 the same bill was past for 3million illegal aliens and it solved nothing.

RCSignals
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't have much against immigrants, besides the fact they think they deserve anything and everything free, which they shouldn't. I work 40+ hours a week , I do my time to pay Uncle Sam, and what do they get? Free medical and everything else under the sun that we pay for. The gov't here is *****ed up.

Immigrant is the wrong word. Immigrant projects some 'validation' of being in the country.

The people at issue are trespassers, long term visitors, illegal aliens, or some other appropriate term.
They are in no way entitled to anything in this country.

BAD MERC
05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Calling an illegal alien a "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".
Immigrant is the wrong word. Immigrant projects some 'validation' of being in the country.

The people at issue are trespassers, long term visitors, illegal aliens, or some other appropriate term.
They are in no way entitled to anything in this country.

CBT
05-31-2007, 05:40 PM
From: Casey Tarnowski (skis77vette1@cox.net) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
To: comments@whitehouse.gov (comments@whitehouse.gov) <o:p></o:p>
Sent: Tuesday, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date w:st="on" Year="2007" Day="29" Month="5" ls="trans">May 29, 2007</st1:date> <st1:time w:st="on" Minute="47" Hour="15">3:47 PM</st1:time><o:p></o:p>
Subject: Letter to the White House<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Dear Sir or Ma’am,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
As a 19 year member of our armed forces, I am opposed to any form of Amnesty that rewards illegal aliens for being lawbreakers.<o:p></o:p>
I say this because on a daily basis I proudly defend this great Nation from lawless people everywhere else in the world, and I can think of no better place to do it than right here, in my home country. <o:p></o:p>
I highly encourage the enforcement of current immigration laws, I do not encourage the current ways they are being reformed by groups such as LULAC, the ACLU, La Raza, or the Southern Poverty Law Center. They are not the law makers, they support lawbreakers. Please support those of use who uphold the laws of this great land.<o:p></o:p>
I have also voiced my concern with the Offices of Virginias Senators:<o:p></o:p>
John Warner (202) 224-2023<o:p></o:p>
James Webb (202) 224-4024<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thank you,<o:p></o:p>
Casey B. Tarnowski<o:p></o:p>

Pat
05-31-2007, 07:01 PM
If memory serves, the NAFTA act was supposed to try and raise the standard of living in Mexico so as to make illegal entry into this country less attractive.

Of course this will take many years. I'm not holding my breath.

However, instead of elevating Mexicans to a higher standard of living NAFTA seems to have added to the improverisment of the US middle class.

The half hearted attempts by our congress in securing the southern border is a travesty. Pass laws, but don't fund them. Build a fence 400 miles long to cover a 2100 mile border. What, add water and it expands?

I envision a disintegration of federalism as we now know it within 20 years and a return of power to individual states or groups of states with common interest. This will leave the federal government to tend to only those items expressly written in the constitution. Wasn't the civil war fought over this issue?

Some say there is a reclamation of Mexican lands taken by the US through spoils of war, and revolution that is unfolding in southwestern and Pacific states.

Maybe defacto rather than outright invasion. During a recent visit to Oxnard, California I felt I had crossed the border into old Mexico of a previous century. Everything was spoken, written and transacted in Mexican. Mestizo's with their babies strapped in papooses held by a strap around the forehead were prominant. Outdoor/indoor markets selling cooked food that I have never seen in El Chico's and bags/barrels of grains, veggies and even barn yard animals were for sale. The menu's of the cafe's were in Spanish, the wait staff spoke no english and even the newspapers on the racks were Spanish language. My brother and l managed because we spoke enough tex/mex to get by. Born and raised in San Antonio.

I don't think our government will export the illegals. Too much, too late and the hole in the dike isn't being plugged. Easy button - make 'em all legal with a stroke of a pen. Then pass it on down the line.

Thanks for the thread, let's me vent a little and if it get's too hot, then I'll change my topic. "What oil do you use."

Pat

TKde0
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.

Where did this sentiment go?

Do these politicians think that the Mexicans will continue to to the crappy jobs they do now when they become citizens? Why should they when they're immediately eligible for free money? And the ones that aspire a little more will take jobs from the American union workers. Companies will have to hire them because they're a minority. Companies also will have to communicate with them in a language they can understand. My immigrant ancestors learned English when they came here and they had a trade and a sponsor. They didn't show up illegally with their hands out.