PDA

View Full Version : Hot burning load..what the..

CBT
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Great, something else I have to worry about, some dumping a burning hot load on the Marauder...

Trash truck dumps burning load on U.S. 460

http://media.hamptonroads.com/images/space.gif
June 1, 2007

SUFFOLK - About eight tons of garbage caught fire in a trash truck Thursday as it traveled down Pruden Boulevard out of town.
The fire, and the subsequent dumping of the truck's load, snarled Suffolk traffic for almost three hours on one of city's busier roads.
Trash trucks are expensive, and the driver had been told to dump any trash that caught fire to avoid damaging the vehicle.
Drivers are encouraged to find a parking lot or other out-of-the-way place, said Giovanni Donatelli, operations supervisor for Bay Disposal, the regional trash company that owns the truck.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=159 align=right border=0></TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px solid" align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
But the driver saw the fire in the compactor around 9 a.m. and dumped the entire load onto the roadway, covering both west- and eastbound lanes of U.S. 460, or Pruden Boulevard, near the Pruden Center for Industry and Technology.
The city's Public Works department and Bay Disposal sent staff to clean up.
By 11 a.m., one eastbound lane was open and by noon, all four lanes were open to traffic.
Fire Department spokesman Jim Judkins said there will not be an investigation.
P olice spokeswoman Debbie George said the driver will not be charged in the incident.

jdando
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Puts my day in perspective. Someone could dump a hot burning load on me....:depress:

jeremy

OneBADLsE
06-01-2007, 10:55 AM
:lol: that didnt sound right

Dr Caleb
06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Drivers are encouraged to find a parking lot or other out-of-the-way place, said Giovanni Donatelli, operations supervisor for Bay Disposal, the regional trash company that owns the truck.

So this happens often enough to have a policy on it?

Yikes! What are people throwing out that bursts into flames?

CBT
06-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Dunno. Ford Pintos?

ckadiddle
06-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Drag Queens.

:lol:

NOTE:
I crack myself up. Not sure if that will be funny to anyone else or not. My apologies to any actual drag queens in the audience. No offense intended. Ir's Friday afternoon and I am heavily medicated due to a migraine. Getting silly.

CBT
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Drag Queens.

:lol:

No offense intended.

None taken! Err..I mean...