PDA

View Full Version : TRUE AMERICAN Humor!

fastblackmerc
06-01-2007, 10:38 AM
You are a TRUE AMERICAN if......

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

God Bless the U S A !!
Amen

Pops
06-01-2007, 10:46 AM
A set of standards that we should all live by. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Raudermaster
06-01-2007, 10:46 AM
I didn't get the e-mail from you! I guess that means I'm un-American?

SC Cheesehead
06-01-2007, 10:58 AM
A big X2 on that, FBM!!

SCCH

Mike Poore
06-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I read and re-read your post, and believe that I qualify as a TRUE AMERICAN, proudly! Thank you for the post. :)

Bluerauder
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.
I believe I qualify as well.

Soon after my son got married his new wife came to me and asked if it would be alright to call me Charlie. I told her that she could call me Dad or Sir just like her husband. :D Seems that she was allowed to call her parents by their nicknames. Guess I am kinda old fashioned that way. It ain't happening here.

Shora
06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
That has nothing NOTHING NOTHING to do with Redneck humor.

Redneck humor is more in the line of James Fox Worthy.

I.E.

If your wife weighs more than your pick up truck, you might be a Redneck.

or

If your front porch collapses and kills more than 5 dogs, you might be a Redneck.

While I agree with a lot, if not in all, in that article I don't believe that it has anything to do with being a true American. It is very religious oriented and being a TRUE American doesn't require one to be so.

Again, I believe and do most, if not all, that is in that article it just has nothing to do with being a True American and especially has nothing to do with Rednecks.

After all, many minorities believe and practice many of those beliefs and have never been considered Redneck.

EDIT:

I re read the article and am now no longer sure if it is asking us to substitute Redneck with True American or if it is asking us to refrain from making Redneck jokes and to substitute them with facts (?) about what a "True American" is.

BruteForce
06-01-2007, 04:07 PM
While I agree with a lot, if not in all, in that article I don't believe that it has anything to do with being a true American. It is very religious oriented and being a TRUE American doesn't require one to be so.

Couldn't agree more. :flag::up::flag:

SC Cheesehead
06-01-2007, 07:36 PM

What's so "very religious oriented" in what he said?

SCCH

Shora
06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
What's so "very religious oriented" in what he said?

SCCH

Tell me that you're joking.

40% of it talks about religion in one form or another.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays.

MENINBLK
06-01-2007, 09:31 PM
TRUE AMERICANS live on reservations...

Shora
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
TRUE AMERICANS live on reservations...

Most true thing that I have heard in any political thread here.

fastblackmerc
06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I edited my post to eliminate any redneck references.... everyone happy now???

OneBADLsE
06-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I live by those standards. Great post!

OneBADLsE
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I edited my post to eliminate any redneck references.... everyone happy now???

:dunno: ....missed it i guess

knine
06-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bluerauder
06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
It is very religious oriented and being a TRUE American doesn't require one to be so.
You say that ^^^^^ like it was a BAD thing. As an American, you have a right to express your opinion. So do I. You have a right to be offended or not. So do I. Ain't this a great country or what? :flag:

Shora
06-02-2007, 11:34 AM
You say that ^^^^^ like it was a BAD thing. As an American, you have a right to express your opinion. So do I. You have a right to be offended or not. So do I. Ain't this a great country or what? :flag:

That is exactly my point. As a True American, I have a RIGHT to be offended by the 10 commandments, by Christmas, and by the words under G_D.

That post, while I honestly believe was posted with the very best intension, makes one feel as if they are NOT a True American if they have different religious belief than those posted.

Personally, I am not offended by a single word in the original post or the edited post but I disagree that those beliefs are the hallmarks of a True American.

Advancedautosec
06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
great post. whether you are religious or not, believe in something at least. America was founed on those ideas, so i guess thats what makes a TRUE American.

MENINBLK
06-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not even going to approach the soapbox on this.
You guys don't really want to know what America was founded on.

For those that are interested, pick up a copy of Crazy Horse (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780785820369&itm=7) and read it.

Like all of history past, there is good and bad.
In some episodes the good was emphasized
and in other episodes the bad is emphasized.
I just wonder what American History is like
when it is taught in other countries.
There is a lot of evil in our country's past,
and none of it was ever taught to us in school.

RCSignals
06-02-2007, 07:02 PM
the thread title does include the word 'humor' so don't take all seriously

BruteForce
06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
You guys don't really want to know what America was founded on.

History is written by the victors.

Leadfoot281
06-03-2007, 12:31 PM
What is a "true American" and what is a "redneck"?

Good question.

Can an American be a redneck? Can a redneck be an American?

Can a redneck be both an American and a redneck and vice versa.

This is difficult dilemma.

I suppose it depends on what your defination of what the word "is" is...;)