PDA

View Full Version : Heavan...

CRUZTAKER
06-02-2007, 02:11 PM
...is a place where nothing ever happens.

(Talking Heads)

I sure hope not...:(

This is a good outlet for me.

Grandpa, 66 years old, 5 years into a fabulous retirement from 38 years of teaching and Chairman of the Board of foriegn language, helping hundreds of children in less than desireable living standards, has been graced with terminal cancer.

Nearly a week into retirement he got sick and found out that he had lung cancer with a definate terminal future. He beat it for years now. Today he was told it was back, and bad. Another six month offer....

I cannot think but how fortunate we all are being healthy, whether or not we have personal issues in our life, frustrations, hassles, or internet problemos.

My wife's dear friend down the street has a new born that has brain cancer.
WTF? Not even a chance to live a bit before living in a hospital.

I am thankfull for being healthy, having a wonderfull healthy son and wife.

martyo
06-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear Barry. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

jgc61sr2002
06-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Barry - Sorry. Thinking of you and your family. God Bless.

larryo340
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm saddened by your troubles, it brings back memories of my uncles (2), grandfather, and inlaws.
I know it's hard but be strong, and be there for your wife

KillJoy
06-02-2007, 04:08 PM
As I sit by the Pool in Cleveland, lawnmowers roaring and children playing, my thoughts are with you B.

You got a friend down South a bit, just a phone call away.

KillJoy
;)

Hotrauder
06-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Barry, our prayers are with you and your family. No doubt your grandpa should have a lot of productive years to spend with you all and you all will miss him terribly. However, if the measure of a man is in what he accomplishes and how much he gives to others as I believe; your grandpa is a giant of a man. You have been blessed as have his hundreds of students, the faculty and the people of his community. One could not ask for more. I hope you find peace and his passing is as easy for him and you all as it can. Godspeed. Dennis

MENINBLK
06-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Barry,

My prayers go out to Grandpa, you, and your family.

Disease is mindless and strikes those who are off-guard.

My wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last year.
She has had the surgery and radiation, but cannot take the medication.
She also has Lupus and lots of medicine allergies.

Prayer is a daily ocurrance for us.

DefyantExWife
06-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear. :(

HwyCruiser
06-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Barry, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Help him enjoy the time he has left.

pantheroc
06-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Barry, sorry to hear. Together, you, Jess and Gage are strong and will get through this. If you need anything, give me a call.

RCSignals
06-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Barry, my thoughts are with your Grandpa.

Your optimism and outlook in face of this are encouraging. To be healthy in life is indeed to be fortunate.

Raudermaster
06-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear Barry. I know how what it's like. My wonderful g/f of 3 years (and probably future wife) her mother (my 2nd mother) passed away at a young age of 49 this past January due to lung cancer. She only lasted 3 months :(. Cancer, is by far, the worst desease you can possibly get, and anyone that had over come it, god bless you. I wish she could have. :(

CBT
06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
My prayers tonight will include you and yours, brother.

teamrope
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I cannot think but how fortunate we all are being healthy, whether or not we have personal issues in our life, frustrations, hassles, or internet problemos.

How right you are Barry.... Your grandfather and your neighbor are in our prayers. 66 is to young an age to leave this world.

DEFYANT
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Geez man, hang in there. He beat the doctors before, perhaps he'll do it again.

Hack Goby
06-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Im really sad to here this my friend.My Prayers will be for you Jess and Gage.

sailsmen
06-03-2007, 12:42 PM
WE will pray for him.

My mother and father were diagnosed 10+ years ago. Both live happy active lives.

Had we lived in another country, such as the UK, they would both be dead.

CRUZTAKER
06-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes.
We spent the day with him today. He is in good spirits and ready for the last battle. There is a new drug he will be trying as Kemo has been retired. I forget the name, but it's $3400 for a 30 day supply. He starts it as soon as the local Kaiser can get their hands on it.

He tells me that the side effects aren't fully documented, however if it requires him to stop drinking...he's pitcing them...or selling 'em on eBay.:P

What a nut.

Ken
06-03-2007, 05:58 PM

I am thankfull for being healthy, having a wonderfull healthy son and wife.Amen to that!

Having walked in those shoes myself, Keep up a positive attitude and enjoy every day that you have with Grandpa. He's blessed to have you as family. He beat it once, why not again? It tears me up about the baby, and it's family. Why do they deserve such a fate? I will remember both of them and their loved ones in my Prayers.

Ken

ckadiddle
06-04-2007, 06:45 AM
You have our prayers and thoughts.

magindat
06-04-2007, 07:03 AM
...however if it requires him to stop drinking...he's pitching them...or selling 'em on eBay.:P

What a nut.

My grandmother got a 6 month ticket at 74. Life-long smoker from age 9. Emphysema. They made her quit. It made those last 6 months both painful and miserable for her.

Yep, I miss her. But I sure didn't like seeing her suffer... If only I'd been old enough to buy smokes then :rolleyes:.

Maybe he's not a nut?!

Best to ya, dude. Hope things go as easy as possible.

Haggis
06-04-2007, 07:18 AM
He tells me that the side effects aren't fully documented, however if it requires him to stop drinking...he's pitcing them...or selling 'em on eBay.:P

What a nut.

Chris and I send our prayers.

We all have to die someday, let him enjoy life to the fullest. Buy him a good 30yr old Single Malt a box of expensive cigars and give one of the pretty nurses some cash to take 'extra' good care of Pap.

Local Boy
06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
My prayers are with you and your family, as well for that little boy. ALOHA