PDA

View Full Version : Inspection sticker ticket

Reaper948
07-02-2003, 03:59 PM
THe cops outside of his car pulling over people with no inspection sticker.....

IM one of them

Now before you guys yell at me, I really dont look for my inspection sticker when im driving my car, Youd think all of that stuff would be done with when YOu get it.........

im SO PISSED OFF :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jefferson-mo
07-02-2003, 04:03 PM
:confused:?????

inspection sticker?

:confused:

:stupid:

Reaper948
07-02-2003, 04:09 PM
The cop was outside of his car, giving tickets to people with no inspection stickers, WHAT THE HELL WHY DO PEOPLE DO THINGS LIKE THIS. I DONT EVEN HAVE A STEADY JOB

RCSignals
07-02-2003, 04:31 PM
What kind of inspection/sticker?

Sounds like a double revenue scam a bit

RF Overlord
07-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Here in MA, we're required to have vehicles inspected for safety violations (bad wipers, bald tires, burnt-out taillights, cracked windshield, etc) and emissions standards compliance...I believe that MA uses the CA model for emissions...the safety inspection is once a year, and the emissions is every other year, combined with the safety. It's $29/year regardless of whether they do only the safety or do both. They put a small rectangular sticker on the lower passenger's side of the windshield to show if you've passed or failed. Cops around here don't generally go LOOKING for sticker violations alone, but will check if they pull you over for any other reason. So I'm told... :rolleyes:
A completely MISSING sticker, on the other hand, would probably attract Smokey's attention...

Bigdogjim
07-02-2003, 10:13 PM
NJ requires an inspection every 2 years. Its free if you want sit in line at state run motor vehicle centers. When you buy a car in NJ the dealer get a new car sticker usally good for at least 2 years sometimes longer. Reaper go to the dealer if you got it in NJ.
They should not have put plates on a car with no sticker??

I bought mine in NJ but live in Pa. It had Jersey inspection on it. THe delaer reimbursed me for Pa. inspection. $80.00

Reaper948
07-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
NJ requires an inspection every 2 years. Its free if you want sit in line at state run motor vehicle centers. When you buy a car in NJ the dealer get a new car sticker usally good for at least 2 years sometimes longer. Reaper go to the dealer if you got it in NJ.
They should not have put plates on a car with no sticker??

I bought mine in NJ but live in Pa. It had Jersey inspection on it. THe delaer reimbursed me for Pa. inspection. $80.00

Well, would it be on the license plate? forgive my ignorance, if I am.

Murader03
07-02-2003, 10:35 PM
When I lived in Jersey, they used window stickers, ('86-'95). Now that I'm in Delaware, they really don't have a sticker, but you can't get the sticker for your tag without and inspection.......BTW, new car in Delaware can be registered for 7 years the first time, and then renewed for a max of every 2 years thereafter.

Constable
07-03-2003, 05:29 AM
Reaper --- Inspection sticker violations are a gateway offense to other things. When I didn't have a computer to run plates, I used to pull people over for insp. stickers all the time. Usually, if their inspection was bad, they weren't registered either. And then it's a snowball effect. The driver could have warrants, could be suspended/revoked, etc...

Anyways, here in NJ, your dealer is completely responsible for the issuance of that sticker. In fact, they CANNOT let the vehicle leave the lot without the sticker being in place. I believe it is part of the "Delivery Checklist", too. If I were you, I would bring the ticket to the dealer and explain that you got it because THEY didn't pu the sticker on. I'm pretty sure it's your specific salesman that should be held responsible.

Good things will come of this either way. Even if you don't get your ticket paid for, you will at least get one of NJ's new inspection stickers. The new stickers are valid for FOUR years (on new cars only). So, in essence, you can mod your car to the brim and not have to worry about passing inspection for a while.

Ross
07-03-2003, 10:06 AM
In Texas, we have to get a new safety inspection sticker every year, but your first sticker, which should already be on the car when you take delivery, is good for 18 months. Other states don't have stickers, but the cops there usually have the right to pull you over and do a safety inspection. The sticker keeps those unannounced inspections from taking place. I think it's a pretty good idea, or some people would drive around without headlights or brakes, at least until they run into something. If they run into my MM, there's gonna be trouble!

the fat bastid
07-06-2003, 06:35 PM
word to that, i'm a north nj boy myself. a new car gets a 4 year sticker, had it before i rolled off the lots.

on another hand, 4 years now? first 1, then 2, now 4 for new....not like anything can go wrong in 4 freakin years! eh whatever.

by 2007 i'll be done paying for it when i first get it inspected.

jgc61sr2002
07-06-2003, 07:18 PM
In NY State your car is inspected every year $35.00 pass or fail. New cars - The first two years are safety only, lights, brakes, exhaust, tires etc. After two years an emmissions test is also conducted on a dyno. The exhaust gasses are monitored while the vehicle is driven through a simulated course. These machines are linked directly to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. The computer issues a sticker ( if veh. passes) that is affixed to the lower left hand side of the windshield.:(

martyo
07-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
These machines are linked directly to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

This even includes a video taping of the vehicle to prevent someone from swapping one car's tailpipe for another if you know what I mean. ;)

nomad
07-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Only in certain counties of NY.Here in upstate NY,$14,blow your horn,check all lights,and drive away.Of course you can't find a dyno within 100 miles,either.

jgc61sr2002
07-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Only the counties of Suffolkn Nassau, NYC, and several other downstate counties require a dyno/ emitions test.

CRUZTAKER
07-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Too funny Reap.....!

We are required in Fla. to have our Fla. registered cars done....but in Ohio, as long as there is enough glass to see thru all the cracks, and a 2x6x6 in leiu of a bumper....you're good to go ! :lol: