PDA

View Full Version : They F*&K you at the drive through!

CBT
06-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Unconfirmed Sources report that McDonalds corporation has made plans to outsource drive through order taking to a call center in the Phillipines "It is an amazing technological feat." Says one industry watcher. "And a great way to cut a massive number of high salary service jobs from the companies books."
The company plans to install a high speed voice over IP system to connect all restaurants to the central call center outside Manilla. At the call center all voice orders will be taken and the data sent back to each restaurants kitchen. "By collecting all the order taking to a single call center one order taker can actually service up to five restaurants at a time. No more standing around between orders, no more idle employees on the clock." Bragged a member of the development team.
"It's a go as soon as we work out a few translation kinks.", stated Jorge Melendez Villagrossa Santiago Martinez, McDonlad's Corporations head man in charge of job outsourcing. "Who knew 'give me bacon McMuffin' translates to 'your sister bit my goat' in Philippino, or 'Happy Meal' is a term strictly associated with Olongopo massage parlors?"
Not to be outdone, Taco Bell announced it would soon outsource it's jobs to American workers. "Take that!", said spokesman Viktor Vladmir Popolovichski.

Raudermaster
06-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Damn, are you kidding me? The people who work IN the restaurant sometimes can't even get my order straight, how is someone, who probably hasn't eaten in a month, supposed to understand me and get my order straight?

larryo340
06-08-2007, 05:19 AM
:laugh::laugh:

Unconfirmed Sources report that McDonalds corporation has made plans to outsource drive through order taking to a call center in the Phillipines "It is an amazing technological feat." Says one industry watcher. "And a great way to cut a massive number of high salary service jobs from the companies books."
The company plans to install a high speed voice over IP system to connect all restaurants to the central call center outside Manilla. At the call center all voice orders will be taken and the data sent back to each restaurants kitchen. "By collecting all the order taking to a single call center one order taker can actually service up to five restaurants at a time. No more standing around between orders, no more idle employees on the clock." Bragged a member of the development team.
"It's a go as soon as we work out a few translation kinks.", stated Jorge Melendez Villagrossa Santiago Martinez, McDonlad's Corporations head man in charge of job outsourcing. "Who knew 'give me bacon McMuffin' translates to 'your sister bit my goat' in Philippino, or 'Happy Meal' is a term strictly associated with Olongopo massage parlors?"
Not to be outdone, Taco Bell announced it would soon outsource it's jobs to American workers. "Take that!", said spokesman Viktor Vladmir Popolovichski.

fastblackmerc
06-08-2007, 06:22 AM
That 's great!

Bluerauder
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
There was a story about a week or two ago that Wendy's (??) in this area (Washington Metro/Northern Virginia) was already using this centralized system. Seems to me that the call center was located in New York (or maybe it was Pennsylvania or Ohio). Can't remember specifically. ;)

The problem ain't in taking the order .... its packing the bag where the mistakes and shortages occur.

BTW --- Do you want fries with that?

Paul
06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
'Happy Meal' is a term strictly associated with Olongopo massage parlors?"

Do you want fries with that?

No thanks, but I'll take an Olongopo Happy Meal! :D

Advancedautosec
06-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I have enough trouble talking to customer service in india for companys in america that cant understand me and i cant understand them...