PDA

View Full Version : Tire about to go

-Cb
10-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Has anyone else had a fairly large swell on one of their tires? I was looking at the M yesterday and noticed that one of those "ultra hi-perf" tires had one about the size of a silver dollar.

Dad's taking it to the dealer to see if he can get it replaced. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

drobin
10-03-2002, 07:25 PM
I have 4000miles on my MM and my tires are holding up and look great.

Donald:) :)

mungce
10-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Since the sizes are different, and the BFGs are directional, I quess there is no way to rotate the tires. Anyone changed to same size all around yet? If so, what size and brand are you using. The BFGs from the factory are extremely expensive to replace, with a ZR rating, they may even be overkill. Since the MM is factory speed controled, visa the driveshaft, the speed ratings for thr BFGs are plenty good. Anyone know what type milage to expect out of a pair? Anything better than the BFgs ?

MAD-3R
10-08-2002, 09:41 AM
The speed is limited by the computer, not the driveshaft. As for putting tires all around, just becareful of you Posi rear.

VaderSS
10-08-2002, 11:05 AM
How would putting the same size all around hurt the posi?

MAD-3R
10-08-2002, 11:11 AM
As far as I know it shouldn't. I missread what was asked. Just rotating the tires so there are two different widths on the rear will cause problems.

mtnh
10-08-2002, 11:44 AM
It's already been documented that you can get the OEM tires at www.etires.com for $89.95 +/-.

Brian
10-08-2002, 11:56 AM
mungce: Since the sizes are different, and the BFGs are directional, I quess there is no way to rotate the tires.

The BFGs are not directional, so you can rotate tires left to right if you want, just not front to rear, because of the size difference. The owner guide recommends left to right rotation.

SSee SSpot Run
10-09-2002, 12:21 PM
hey CB, you're close enought o georgia to come to SSHS2 how about it? any interest from up there..?

wayne...give up the "oil can" for this forum?:D good to see you're around here as well. pulled the 0W40 yet? tia. rock on, rus

b4z
10-09-2002, 02:48 PM
You are in Asheville.
I try to get up there every October to see the leaves.

Where did you buy your marauder?
Hunter Nissan Lincoln-Mercury in Hendersonville had one a few months ago.

-Cb
10-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by b4z
You are in Asheville.
I try to get up there every October to see the leaves.

Where did you buy your marauder?
Hunter Nissan Lincoln-Mercury in Hendersonville had one a few months ago.

Yep, I'm in Asheville. Actually the Marauder is my dad's, he traded a Mercedes C230 K on it. I drive the Mustang. And we did get it at Anderson Lincoln Mercury- the very first one sold in western NC. Since I'm the car tech of the family, I figured that I oughta sign up on this here board to learn what I can about the MM like I did after I bought my first mustang back in '99.

We should have a very good fall this year. It's already cold up here at Mars Hill. I love Charleston. Haven't been there in about 14 years, but I remember it being a great town.

b4z
10-09-2002, 04:12 PM
I saw my first Marauder in Hendersonville on July 4th.
We were back up there for 2 weeks the last week in July 1st week in August and the car was still there.
When I go back in a couple of weeks I will defintely go by to see if it is still there.

"Altitude Affects Attitude"