PDA

View Full Version : Blue Thunder wrecked on Friday morning.

ckadiddle
06-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Stop and go traffic on interstate downtown Orlando, traffic stopped, I didn't. At least not fast enough. Ate a 2004 Ford Explorer's rear end, including trailer hitch receiver. Blue's Front end smashed all the way into radiator and battery. Digital camera that lives in the cat batteries were dead at the time too. Hood buckled, bumper cover holed, at least one front quarter panel buckled, grille demolished, header panel over grille is snapped. Radiator leaked out, battery may ahve done same. After impact was able to steer into emergency lane, motor was still running and airbags did not deploy. Body shop says at a glance frame is okay and airbags ok so probably not totalled out. At least a couple weeks in the body shop. i no longer have an unwrecked Marauder. And, I got cited for careless driving.

Upside:
Nice looking, pleasant lady officer. Guy I hit was calm and cool, very nice. I get a new bumper cover without a foglamp burn hole in it.

CBT
06-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear that, bro. As long as you are okay that's all that raelly matters.

RCSignals
06-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear this. Glad you are Ok and prognosis for Blue looks good.

Bluerauder
06-10-2007, 04:01 AM
... traffic stopped, I didn't. At least a couple weeks in the body shop. i no longer have an unwrecked Marauder. And, I got cited for careless driving.

Sorry to hear this about your Blue MM. :( Glad to hear that there were no injuries and that the car can be repaired. Good luck on getting her back in top notch condition.

Mike Poore
06-10-2007, 04:59 AM
I get a new bumper cover without a foglamp burn hole in it.

The trouble some folks go too to get a new bumper. :rolleyes:

Glad there were no injuries, and be thankful the airbag(s) didn't deploy.

Blackened300a
06-10-2007, 05:07 AM
2007 is turning out to be the worst year for us Marauder owners between wrecks and blown engines.
Glad its a easy fix and nobody was hurt.

FastMerc
06-10-2007, 06:29 AM
I know how it is,Ive been there and done that.Glade no one hurt and car will be fixed,goodluck.

pantheroc
06-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Whoa!! Luckily no serious injuries. I like your positive attitude on the bumper cover. Mine was got dinged parts replaced when I had my repairs. Good luck and hope it's better than new.

RoyLPita
06-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Oh jeez. Keep us posted on any new developments.

MM_BKK
06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I'm glad that everyone was ok. May be after the repair, it will be better than new?

Cobra25
06-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm really sorry too hear that. The main thing is that no one got hurt.

jgc61sr2002
06-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear that. :( The Marauder did it's job and protected you.:)

1of327
06-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear your okay... What is it about the Blues getting banged up lately??? Mine is still in the shop, and will probably stay there for one more week. Your shouldn't take too long to fix, no structural damage unlike mine.

snowbird
06-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear about that bad truck encounter. Given the damage description, I'm amazed that the bags didn't deploy. Good news for the repairs.

MACFORD88
06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry To Hear That As Long As Youer Ok Thats All That Matters.hope Youer Car Can Be Repaired

magindat
06-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Dayum Pete, Guess you got a lot on yer mind lately!

Mine was way worse, frame bent and airbags went off. You'd never know it today unless I told ya so. All the parts you busted are common parts except the bumper cover, grille and lights. If you can, try to get the whole car exterior repainted. That blue pearl is hard hard hard to match especially after fading factor.

Good luck.

BTW, we are planning to make it on the 14th, so if ya'll want to be chauferred off in an MM, I'll be glad to drive to make the show of it if your car is still in the hospital!

ckadiddle
06-11-2007, 07:22 AM
The trouble some folks go too to get a new bumper. :rolleyes:

Glad there were no injuries, and be thankful the airbag(s) didn't deploy.
Yes, I have been on the receiving end of an airbag before. Not fun!

ckadiddle
06-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Dayum Pete, Guess you got a lot on yer mind lately!

Mine was way worse, frame bent and airbags went off. You'd never know it today unless I told ya so. All the parts you busted are common parts except the bumper cover, grille and lights. If you can, try to get the whole car exterior repainted. That blue pearl is hard hard hard to match especially after fading factor.

Good luck.

BTW, we are planning to make it on the 14th, so if ya'll want to be chauferred off in an MM, I'll be glad to drive to make the show of it if your car is still in the hospital!
Thanks, Rich! may take you up on that. The dealer I am using has done several jobs on Blue Thunder already that involved matching and blending and none of you guys noticed. :coolman::D

magindat
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Rich! may take you up on that. The dealer I am using has done several jobs on Blue Thunder already that involved matching and blending and none of you guys noticed. :coolman::D

Careful, next time I'll be lookin' for it!!!!!

Lemme know if you need any help or advice with the repairs and lemme know about the 14th, too (like if I need to be early or sumthin)!

ckadiddle
06-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Got an updated estimate in the mail over the weekend. Damages are now close to 10000 mark. Yeesh. Didnt look THAT bad.

ckadiddle
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Careful, next time I'll be lookin' for it!!!!!

Lemme know if you need any help or advice with the repairs and lemme know about the 14th, too (like if I need to be early or sumthin)!
Dude, you will have to be up early anyway, it's at eleven in the morning!:eek:
:lol:

SC Cheesehead
06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Dang, Pete!!

Sorry to hear about the wreck, been there myself.

Upside:
Nice looking, pleasant lady officer. Guy I hit was calm and cool, very nice. I get a new bumper cover without a foglamp burn hole in it.

There you go, keep looking on the bright side.

You'll have the BLUE up and running again in no time!

SCCH

ckadiddle
06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
The saga continues:
Body shop guy called me with an update this morning. They have about 80 percent of the parts needed for repairs in their possession now, and are working with what they have in so far while awaiting the rest of the shipments to arrive. Since the fuse box under the hood was damaged, he said he says its possible the dash may light up like a christmas tree when they get to the point of turning the key and it will then go to the service dept for diag and repair at that point if needed.

This was such a good car, still drove tight at 40+K miles. I have only had minor issues that were easily resolved up untill this point. No drivetrain issues at all! I fear that with so much damage and possible involvement of the electrical system it will never be quite the same again.

ckadiddle
06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Did a search on threads started by myself. Man, I have had some chittyazz luck with the Marauder. Car wash idiot damage, me scraping up rim on drive-thru, me backing into things, me scratching rear bumper loading stuff, fog lamp melting through front bumper, now me completely ruining the front end. Geeze, I really ought to stay home and in bed.

crouse
06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Got an updated estimate in the mail over the weekend. Damages are now close to 10000 mark. Yeesh. Didnt look THAT bad.

At what point does the insurance company total it? I though if it was more than 50% of the value of the vehicle?

Raudermaster
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
You see that, Dark Blue Pearl's are bad luck. Seriously though, sorry to hear that man. At least she's not wrecked though.

ckadiddle
06-19-2007, 12:11 PM
At what point does the insurance company total it? I though if it was more than 50% of the value of the vehicle?
You got me. I was afraid to ask. Don't really want to go shopping right now with everything else that's going on.

Raudermaster
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
If the insurance company does total it, are you going to look for another MM? Jeez, how fast were you going anyway?

ckadiddle
06-20-2007, 06:22 AM
If the insurance company does total it, are you going to look for another MM? Jeez, how fast were you going anyway?
15-20 mph tops maybe. Traffic was stop and go downtown Orlando. Maybe another Marauder if totalled, maybe not.

Now, for more exciting drama....
Last night there was a vaguely worded letter waiting for me from an attorney's office. Looks like trying to scare more information out of me about the details of my insurance coverage. It's vaguely worded and has a form to fill out with info about my coverage limits. HA! Fat chance.

crouse
06-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Let your insurance company handle that letter. That's their job.

baltimoremm
06-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, dont return that form to the attorney. The insurance company will not disclose their limits for privacy reasons, so the atty tries to get it out of the insured directly.

ckadiddle
06-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, dont return that form to the attorney. The insurance company will not disclose their limits for privacy reasons, so the atty tries to get it out of the insured directly.
That's exactly what I suspected, the form letter fishing for information.

Dropped the annoying letter off at the friendly local State Farm agency this afternoon. I looked up the attorney on the web earlier today and he is definitely one of those "It doesn't cost you anything if we don't collect" types.

ckadiddle
06-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Heard from the body shop this morning. All parts are now in. I may have it back in another week or so.

Been driving Twyla's Escape back and forth to work in the meantime. Not nearly as comfortable as a Marauder and rides like a truck. And it's missing two cylinders.

1of327
06-26-2007, 07:09 AM
[quote=ckadiddle;507962]Heard from the body shop this morning. All parts are now in. I may have it back in another week or so.

Been driving Twyla's Escape back and forth to work in the meantime. Not nearly as comfortable as a Marauder and rides like a truck. And it's missing two cylinders.[/quote

Hopefully, they won't drag it out like mine did...although mine was a side impact. I do understand about the Escape thing too, my wife has one but hers is the damn 4 cylinder that has no balls at all. I feel your pain:depress:

ckadiddle
07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Update:
Got Blue Thunder back Friday evening the 13th and got married Sat morn the 14th. Seems to have done great driving from Orlando to Pigeon Forge. Looks great as far as I can tell without time for a white glove inspection. New battery, new radiator, new coolant, new trans fluid, some new a/c parts... a/c is now blowing so cold it makes my face hurt! MM doesn't break a sweat climbing up the steep, winding, narrow mountain road with multiple hairpin turns..thankfully it's paved all the way up as far as we go. Both of us sure were glad we got it back in time for the honeymoon.

CBT
07-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Far out, glad you're back in business!

Bigdogjim
07-21-2007, 09:10 PM

The number is 80% of market value.

ckadiddle
07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
The number is 80% of market value.
I was wondering about that. Didn't really relish the thought of having to go Marauder shopping. Mine seems to run solid and all the issues have been minor non-drivetrain related problems. So far she still runs great. Did hear an odd sucking sound coming from near the air intake for a minute or so at startup after the car sat a couple days. Went away completely as it warmed. When i get time I will take the PHP intake off and check it and the stock airtube for small cracks.

Raudermaster
07-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Congratulations on getting her back and glad to hear it's running like a champ still.

3rdcoastmrauder
07-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Same happened to me a week before I became Defered Judicated for doing

ckadiddle
07-30-2007, 08:07 AM
MM Ran great all the way back from TN to Orlando. :) Didn't hit anything at all ...of course, Twyla did most of the driving..... ;)

magindat
07-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Welcome back. Hopefully the honeymoon isn't over!!!

ckadiddle
07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I am back to work today. Sadly, the honeymoon IS over. :(

Thanks again for the use of your one-of-a-kind limo, Rich. :)