PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai to sue NASCAR

CBT
06-11-2007, 06:15 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=default border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=item colSpan=2>NASCAR admits Car of Tomorrow design stolen from Hyundai </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=15></TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right colSpan=2 </TD><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=15></TD></TR><TR><TD class=itembody colSpan=2>MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- NASCAR stunned the racing world yesterday when it announced the new "Car Of Tomorrow" racing chassis was based on a Hyundai design. The admission was made in advance of a law suit filled by the Hyundai Motor Company in California's 3rd district court.

The suit filed against NASCAR Inc. alleges the so called "Car of Tomorrow" race car is based on a Hyundai prototype chassis, the plans of which were stolen from Hyundai's North American Design center. The legal filing details the specifications and performance characteristics of the stolen chassis design.

While NASCAR admitted the Car of Tomorrow is based on a Hyundai design, Officials deny the Chassis specifications we illegally attained. According to NASCAR it signed a design contract with the Hyundai Motor Company for the development of a racing chassis but the deal collapsed 9 months later due to Korean firms use of Canadian subcontractors for wind tunnel tests.
Hyundai insists that NASCAR got cold feet when press reports linked the All American sport to the Korean firm.

The Hyundai Motor Company a division of the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, is South Korea's largest car maker. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. In 2005, the combined sales of the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group made it the world's sixth largest vehicle manufacturer. In Ulsan, South Korea Hyundai operates the world's largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility which is capable of producing 1.6 million units annually.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MENINBLK
06-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Hyundai just wants to add more RICE to NASCAR......

Joe Walsh
06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Hyundai just wants to add more RICE to NASCAR......

YEP!

NASCAR Sucks....Toyota Camrys running pushrod V8s.....:puke:

'Car of Tomorrow'....Hey, Let's just call it the IROC series.....:shake:

I won't watch much NASCAR anymore......:mad2:

Hang on folks; Honda, Nissan and Hyundai will be here soon!

Breadfan
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
It's hard to tell if this is a joke story or not

KillJoy
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Why should imports NOT be able to race? Some have been doing it for years elsewhere.

Afraid F/C/D will get it handed by a wussy Nissan?

:poke:

;)

KillJoy

Joe Walsh
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Why should imports NOT be able to race? Some have been doing it for years elsewhere.

Afraid F/C/D will get it handed by a wussy Nissan?

:poke:

;)

KillJoy

Nope! Ford can hold its own against any P.O.S. japcrap!

As a Sales Rep. I drive many, many miles and I am SO TIRED of idiots & Ricers in Hondas, Nissans, & Toyotas clogging the roads, that I really don't feel like watching them race on TV.
Besides, those Ricer Dorks use the public roadways as their own racetrack....No need to see them at NASCAR events!

BTW: I like how Toyota was allowed to create a pushrod V8 using the best features of F/C/D V8s!

Actually, They should ALL be allowed to ruin...errrr.....run in NASCAR....As long as they ALL have BIG FARTPIPES and HUGE REAR WINGS!

MENINBLK
06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Actually, They should ALL be allowed to ruin...errrr.....run in NASCAR....As long as they ALL have BIG FARTPIPES and HUGE REAR WINGS!

Thank GOD for NASCAR rules or else the car of tomorrow
would have a park bench on the rear deck lid.

magindat
06-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Besides, those Ricer Dorks use the public roadways as their own racetrack....No need to see them at NASCAR events!

Actually, I see the same phenominon from American car owners who think their Monte Carlo (for example) is a race car. I say let any manufacturer who can bring a car race.

I am no NASCAR fan at all. It's mostly because of the 'my car is a RACE car' crap from American car owners. Same reason I'm not a ricer anymore. I built rice burners BEFORE they were cool. I got real good at it, but gave it up cuz I didn't want to be identified with that crowd. NASCAR is no different regardless of manufacturer.

Bottom line. An occasional street race on a relatively deserted stretch is one thing. Zipping, 'drafting' (tailgating), dashing between lanes, etc is all crap and nonsense. I don't care WHO you are or WHAT you drive or what racing you watch.

CBT
06-12-2007, 06:18 AM
[quote=magindat;503565] I built rice burners BEFORE they were cool. quote]

When did they become cool? I must have been deployed when that happened. Glad it ended before I got back.