PDA

View Full Version : problems again...

Advancedautosec
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Ok. my car is currently in the shop getting underdrive pulleys, the electric waterpump, and a 3000 stall converter put in. I ordered a custom tune from Scott Beers, BUT, he needs my original backup to send me the tune. Thats where the problem comes. I CANNOT get the predator to send the original backup to the PC, ive tried EVERYTHING, used the DB-9 connector, the DB-9 to USB, looked on there website, everything. My question is anyone know a way to solve this? and will driving my car with those mods and not having the custom tune done cause me any problems?

CRUZTAKER
06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
.... and will driving my car with those mods and not having the custom tune done cause me any problems?

You may not like the TC lockup program, but otherwise, no.
I never did anything after pullies, nor waterpump.
The Stallion did however have an issue at wot from 2-3 shift.
Unless you're crazy about the 1 second lag on that shift at WOT...it's not an issue until then.

Can't help with the download. Not my forte.

Marauderjack
06-13-2007, 03:25 AM
Ok. my car is currently in the shop getting underdrive pulleys, the electric waterpump, and a 3000 stall converter put in. I ordered a custom tune from Scott Beers, BUT, he needs my original backup to send me the tune. Thats where the problem comes. I CANNOT get the predator to send the original backup to the PC, ive tried EVERYTHING, used the DB-9 connector, the DB-9 to USB, looked on there website, everything. My question is anyone know a way to solve this? and will driving my car with those mods and not having the custom tune done cause me any problems?

You have to use a "Serial to USB" adapter if you don't have one.....Radio Shack about $15.00 or so!! If you already have that you will have to designate the port and the "Baud" rate to use.....I can't remember the settings but if you call Diablo tech at 561-908-0040 they will talk you through it!!

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

MarauderMark
06-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Unless you're crazy about the 1 second lag on that shift at WOT...it's not an issue until then.

Whats the cure for this?

magindat
06-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Whats the cure for this?
Leave TC unlocked at WOT through 1,2 and 3 in the tune.

Advancedautosec
06-13-2007, 06:12 AM
thanks guys. i do have the serial to usb plug but cant get the computer to see it. it comes up with the hardware install thing as with any usb connection but it wont install. and ive tried there tech support three times and been on hold over 15min each time before i hung up.

juno
06-13-2007, 06:47 AM
If you don't have the driver for the USB adapter installed it will not work.
If it is installed, you have to identify a comm port (2 or 4 I think) and I believe the 14400 baud rate. DS TS can talk you through it. It is a PITA!

Advancedautosec
06-13-2007, 07:41 AM
you know, i was thinking that but the funny thing is the cable didnt come with any software.

Marauderjack
06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
PM me and I will email you the Radio Shack software that should work for ya!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

MarauderMark
06-13-2007, 04:31 PM

This can be done with the Excal-II or retuning it?

KillJoy
06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
This can be done with the Excal-II or retuning it?

Retuning, I think....

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
06-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Retuning, I think....

KillJoy

Someone with the correct info will need to send you the file.
Lidio corrected mine, but I have the SCT chip, and all he did was modify my file.

Zack
06-14-2007, 05:31 AM

What are you guys talking about?

You certainly dont leave the TC unlocked at WOT.

I dont have the issues you speak of, are we talking about bone stock transmissions?
All of those 'lags' can be cured via shift timers in the software. I think its plain silly to leave the TC unlocked at WOT.

CRUZTAKER
06-14-2007, 06:53 AM

I don't claim to know the solution. I just know I had the problem.
Lidio fixed it with software....as did Dennis.

Watch this, and listen on the 2-3 upshift for the dead spot.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=8498

Local Boy
06-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Dosen't Lidios tune keep the TC unlocked at WOT if O/D is off? I'am I off base?

Advancedautosec
06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
PM me and I will email you the Radio Shack software that should work for ya!!

Thanks, i just went to the Shack yesterday and got it all figured out, FINALLY!

MM_BKK
06-15-2007, 05:04 AM

You certainly dont leave the TC unlocked at WOT.

I dont have the issues you speak of, are we talking about bone stock transmissions?
All of those 'lags' can be cured via shift timers in the software. I think its plain silly to leave the TC unlocked at WOT.

Silly? So it's better to have the TC lock up right from the get go at WOT? What would be the point of everyone installing hi-stall converter?