PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get these two things?

Motorhead350
06-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I need something to cover my future boost gage and a broken ipod. I was looking for a cap to put on the gage so people don't see it (at the track until I'm at the starting line) and I wanted to glue a broken ipod to the cap to make it look like a set up for the player. The gage is going to the bottom right of the steering colum so it'll look perfect.

So anyone know of anything that can cover a boost gage or were I can find a broken ipod for free or close to it?

magindat
06-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Go to your local goodwill or other thrift store(s) and just stroll. Have your gauge bezel or whatever with you. A few visits and you'll find 'the right stuff' to accomplish your stealth goal.
Keep an open mind and, of course, don't be scared to cut up the stuff you bought cheap in order to make it work!

Good Luck!

ctrlraven
06-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Tint your windows? If your putting it on the right side of the steering colum then someone would have to really lean in your car and see what it is.

Motorhead350
06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Tint your windows?

I can't do that here in Chicago without getting a ticket. I got 2 in 3 months for the license plate and I think the windows would totally be asking for trouble. The reason why I wanna do it this way is if people wanna race you at a track they wanna look at your ride and check for these things sometimes and I wanna keep the car as close to a sleeper as possible. I wouldn't want an ipod to work, I just want the shell. ipods sound great when they hit the bottom of a dumpster though!