PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement Package with 302HP engine next year?

prchrman
07-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Small town USA so my cousin is the Sheriff in our county...His son is the head deputy and he loves my MM (die hard Chevy guy BTW) was talking to my son and says OBTW he was up for a new car this year but decided to wait after discovering that the LE package has the same engine as the MM next year...has any of our friendly LE buds on this site heard this??? If it has been addressed already (which I have not seen) let this thread die but very interesting...Sarge in a mock MM at work and play...way cool dude...

RCSignals
07-03-2003, 06:19 PM
not for 2004, unless it comes later.

A DOHC4.6 Police Interceptor was at the 2003 MSP tests as an experimental car.

I posted a related article on it here a while back. must still be here, but I can't find it right now

Dave Compson
07-03-2003, 06:20 PM
I heard the nevada highway patrol was considering the high performance version of the police package crown vic for 04. But the higher ups told the troopers they did not need a police car with 300 h.p.

As for confirming anything, that is just a rumor. I havent heard anything in my dept. All i know is the new 03's we got have that lame "street appeareance package" on them.

We have nicknamed the new cars' "pimpmobiles".

So, cant confirm the rumor, i have just heard ramblings.

RCSignals
07-03-2003, 06:33 PM
The 04s do use the Marauder airbox and MAF, and are rated at 250 hp 287lbft torque. they are also available with a 3.55:1 rear ratio

Constable
07-04-2003, 11:22 AM
I read the same as RC... we just drew up an order for 12 new cars, 7 marked, 2 stealth (no roof lights), 2 K9, and 1 unmarked. All will have the 3.55 traclok option.

BTW, I met up with a co-worker at about 3am last night one of our major business highways (completely empty, no cars ANYWHERE). We ran from light to light about five times and I spanked his a$$ hard. By the time I'd hit 85 I already had 3 car lengths on him... and he was in our quickest car (no equipment, lightweight). Afterwards, he couldn't stop smiling and raving about the 1-2 bark frommt he rear tires. He said he could hear it clear as day above both of our high revving motors.

SergntMac
07-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
The 04s do use the Marauder airbox and MAF, and are rated at 250 hp 287lbft torque. they are also available with a 3.55:1 rear ratio
What...No K&N?

TAF
07-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
What...No K&N?

Real funny Mac.

I'm sure the local governments wouldn't have any problem spending the tax dollars to put them in after-market though.:)

And...to get the extra 10hp...;)

Constable
07-04-2003, 03:04 PM
In all honesty, alot of my county's sheriff's cars have been outfitted with "Iceman" intakes. The guys in motorpool drew up some dimensions & designs and had a whole bunch of them made up to slap on the Sheriffs Dept. CVPI's. I was suprised to hear that... and even more suprised when I saw it sitting under the hood!

Marauder57
07-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Real funny Mac.

I'm sure the local governments wouldn't have any problem spending the tax dollars to put them in after-market though.:)

And...to get the extra 10hp...;)

TAF....quite goofing around...you know K&N gets you 30HP....I know I have one and tested in on my Lego Dyno Kit..... :burnout:

joflewbyu2
07-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by RCSignals
The 04s do use the Marauder airbox and MAF, and are rated at 250 hp 287lbft torque. they are also available with a 3.55:1 rear ratio where did you see/hear/read that?

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 12:30 AM
The 2004 CVPI order guide.
It only applies to the Police Interceptors, not the regular Crown Victoria line

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
What...No K&N?

Sorry Mac. We really don't want Police driving too fast now do we :)

joflewbyu2
07-05-2003, 06:27 AM
link please

SergntMac
07-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by TAF
Real funny Mac. I'm sure the local governments wouldn't have any problem spending the tax dollars to put them in after-market though.:) And...to get the extra 10hp...;)

Wouldn't that be the day! *****, I can even get pencils and copy paper from Equipment and Supply. When I order pencils, I get pens. I ordered copy paper last week (not supposed to say Xerox) I get carbon paper. CARBON PAPER! WTF! I got a hundred computers with laserjet printers, and five Xerox copy centers on the floor, not one ******ing typewriter, and I get carbon paper! Who's working down there, Don Rickles?

Yeah, I can see this department ordering K&N filters alright, Motor Maintenence would probably end up with a case of A&W Root Beer decals

But the cars would be just as fast with them on it, as it would be with the K&N filter.

Ya know, TAF, for a guy who doesn't want to open the topic again...

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Maintenence would probably end up with a case of A&W Root Beer decals
I've heard Peter Pan smooth peanut butter lids work better

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by joflewbyu2@aol.
link please

Here you go it's new, dated 1 july. The previous one said Marauder air induction system, this one just says "new air induction system"
There was also an article about it, which I can't find right now. Might have been on Ford media site. The regular CV line does not get this air induction system, the higher HP, or the 3.55 gear option

2004 CVPI Order Guide (https://web.msslib2.dealerconnection.c om/RightSite/getcontent/myfile.pdf?DMW_OBJECTID=09000c 58803a41e3)

Marauder57
07-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey who has A&W root beer?

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Most grocery stores (around here anyway) sell A&W Root Beer. A&W restaurants are starting to reappear (although not like the old ones) and they are all over BC and Alberta.

Apparently the Chicago PD has an in with A&W Root Beer too

jgc61sr2002
07-05-2003, 02:31 PM
RC - Thanks for posting the 2004 order guide.:up: