PDA

View Full Version : Ford MoCo to sell off!

CBT
06-14-2007, 06:50 PM
(Detroit) US automaker Ford has briefed Wall Street that it is planning to sell its British luxury car brands, Jaguar and Land Rover as well as it's mainstay Ford Lincoln and Mercury Divisions.
Ford, which has been cutting costs in a bid to offset declining sales, is expected to make an official announcement in the next few days.
Ford wishes to sell Jaguar, Land Rover, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury to a single bidder.
The company has selected Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and HSBC to advise it on the sale of the brands.
In March, Ford sold sports car firm Aston Martin for $924 million to a UK-led business group.
According to sources inside Ford, The firm will be able to cut operating expenses by 99.4% if it can sell off all Five Divisions.
Ford posted a loss of $282 million for the first three months of 2007, which was an improvement on the $1.4 billion loss recorded during the same period in 2006.
Stiff competition from Asian firms has caused trouble for the US-based company as motorists look for alternatives to un-economical models with large engines.
Wall Street apparently believes the deal will return Ford to profitability, Ford's shares gained 5% in after hours trading according to Wall Street analyst Dick Huggings.

Raudermaster
06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry, but some of your posts I don't believe. For example, The Soprano's creator got killed. He did? No News station has reported it. Not that I'm saying this isn't real.

CBT
06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, but some of your posts I don't believe. For example, The Soprano's creator got killed. He did? No News station has reported it. Not that I'm saying this isn't real.
WHAT?! I'm am offended, Sir. ;)

ezratty
06-14-2007, 07:11 PM
i'm with you, load of crap...ford selling everything

Raudermaster
06-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I told you, I'm not yelling at you, nor am I saying you are a fraud. Just wouldn't mind seeing a link or so. ;)

CBT
06-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I told you, I'm not yelling at you, nor am I saying you are a fraud. Just wouldn't mind seeing a link or so. ;)
I can neither confirm nor deny that any or all of the articles I post may or may not be, in part or whole, true or false, or in the gray area in between, or that I write, in part or whole, any and/or all of them.

larryo340
06-14-2007, 07:37 PM

I can neither confirm nor deny that any or all of the articles I post may or may not be, in part or whole, true or false, or in the gray area in between, or that I write, in part or whole, any and/or all of them.

.......O.M.G..!!!!!..........
This is too funny

offroadkarter
06-14-2007, 07:44 PM
How would ford sell ford?

They are selling off there british brands, i did read that somewhere, so thats not BS, but not mercury, lincoln also.

larryo340
06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
***** if I had some extra money I would buy FORD stock, I'm sure in the long run it will go up.

RCSignals
06-14-2007, 08:11 PM
***** if I had some extra money I would buy FORD stock, I'm sure in the long run it will go up.

You don't need much extra money for that right now. Good time to buy. ;)

Mike
06-14-2007, 08:21 PM

You MUST be a lawyer!! :lol:

MACFORD88
06-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Stiring Up The S***.

Leadfoot281
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Too funny! ..."reduce opperating costs 99.4%..."

To those of you that don't believe this story, you can always check http://theonion.com for more accurate and up to date news reports.

knine
06-15-2007, 04:59 AM
[quote=Raudermaster;504438]I'm sorry, but some of your posts I don't believe. quote]
Jose Padillia is really in trouble. I think it's time for FORD to set him free. :lol:

magindat
06-15-2007, 05:08 AM

Ring Ring....

Hello?

Hello, this is clue phone...

Raudermaster, it's for you!!!!!

RoyLPita
06-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Is it me or is the pollution level a little too high in Hampton, VA?! :jk:

larryo340
06-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Ring Ring....

Hello?

Thanks magindat for sending orange juice thru my nose !

MENINBLK
06-15-2007, 10:14 AM
If Ford sold Ford, would that make them Fordless ?

Dragcity
06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
No, It would make them Mazda and Volvo.....

Oh wait....

News Flash !

Ford executives JUST figured out how to cut another .5 % of opperating costs. They have announced peeling off Mazda and Volvo.

Reports say the remaining .1 % of opereating cost are to be dedicated to the yacht......

Badee, badee.... That's all jamokes....

Raudermaster
06-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Ring Ring....

Hello?

What is that supposed to mean.

CBT
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Pick Up The Phone!!!!!!!

Raudermaster