PDA

View Full Version : Ford MoCo dealt another blow!

CBT
06-14-2007, 07:26 PM
(Detroit) - Dirty bomb suspect Jose Padilla, citing the fact that being held for three years without access to his board of directors or stockholders has damaged his ability to manage his company effectively, has announced his decision to step down as President and Chief Operating Officer of the Ford Motor Company. Ford, plagued by sagging sales and falling stock prices since Mr. Padilla's arrest in Chicago for allegedly attempting to blow that city up with a crude nuclear device has been struggling to re-form itself as a more patriotic and American car company. Bill Ford, Henry Ford's great grandson and both chairman and CEO of that company said, "Our recent association with Islamic extremists such as J. Padilla have certainly hurt our image as America's car company and no amount of retro-Mustangs are going to change that."

offroadkarter
06-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow they are going to drop dead soon, unless GM buys them out. If GM buys all of Ford, there will be no competition left, itl be an auto monopoly.

Raudermaster
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Don't know about that. Toyota is awfully big too and could maybe overcome GM, but doubtful. Anyway, if GM buys Ford, I won't buy anything from them, ever.

Raudermaster
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Ford has to start making some serious vehicles that they would never think of ever making. They might be surprised too if and when they do sell. Look at the Chevy SSR, the UGLIEST car/truck I've ever seen. Catchy though? Yes. And they sold some! Why can't Ford "re-design" like a sweet F-100 or something? Those trucks have beautiful body lines to them.

CBT
06-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Ford has to start making some serious vehicles that they would never think of ever making. They might be surprised too if and when they do sell. Look at the Chevy SSR, the UGLIEST car/truck I've ever seen. Catchy though? Yes. And they sold some! Why can't Ford "re-design" like a sweet F-100 or something? Those trucks have beautiful body lines to them.
Hmmm..i'm sensing another article may have to be writtPOSTED, posted I mean!