PDA

View Full Version : President for the day (of Ford mo co)

endless
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
What would be your bold moves?

Re introduce the Lincoln Continental in a style more similar to the 1956 form.

two door, mustang derived? Halo car. Aimed at the BMW 6 and the benz CL. Maybe even a 12 cylinder engine?

And it would be muscular and tough as hell, no compromises. If ford wants to survive it had better be a leader, not a follower.

If you had one model to revamp or create what would it be?

Raudermaster
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Who cares about the Lincoln Conti? If I were president for the day, I would build all the concepts Ford ever thought about making! Ah hahahahha!!!1 The two cars I would probably revive would def be the Marauder and the SHO.

CBT
06-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I would try and stop the 7 U.S. dealerships that have agreed to import Chinese built trucks from Mexico, especially since they closed the F-150 plant here in Norfolk. THANKS, NAFTA! (it's true, Google it)

juno
06-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I would:

Put the 3v in the Panther line-up.
Incorporate the Mazda Speed3 and Speed6 into the ford lineup
Get small deisel for panthers and suv's, maybe even the f150.

Revive the Marauder- 5.4 cylinder, NAVI style with more power.

Start incorporating some of their world/aussie cars.

SC Cheesehead
06-18-2007, 10:48 AM

^^^^^^^^^X2^^^^^^^^^^^^

That would be a heck of a start!

SCCH

dwasson
06-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Bring in the KA, Focus, and the C-MAX from the UK. Replace the Panthers with the Austraillian Falcon, and call the Ford a Galaxy. Replace the Ranger with two trucks, one larger and one slightly smaller. And finally, bring back the Cougar as a well dressed, Mercury trimmed, notchback Mustang.

OneBADLsE
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
What would be your bold moves?

:help: Develope a marketing staff!!!!!!

juno
06-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Bring in the KA, Focus, and the C-MAX from the UK. Replace the Panthers with the Austraillian Falcon, and call the Ford a Galaxy. Replace the Ranger with two trucks, one larger and one slightly smaller. And finally, bring back the Cougar as a well dressed, Mercury trimmed, notchback Mustang.

I likey!
Or even a mustang perked up as a Lincoln sports coupe with a t56 and some handling stuff.

ctrlraven
06-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I would:

Put the 3v in the Panther line-up.

Start incorporating some of their world/aussie cars.

Agreed 12345