PDA

View Full Version : Time to go car shopping

fastblackmerc
06-18-2007, 09:45 AM
In the market for a new car. Wife is interested in either a used, no older than 2006, Lincoln LS or the new MKZ, still have to drive both. Any opinions?

SC Cheesehead
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
In the market for a new car. Wife is interested in either a used, no older than 2006, Lincoln LS or the new MKZ, still have to drive both. Any opinions?

Is she set on a sedan, or is there any interest in a small SUV? Ms. CH is driving an Escape Hybrid and loves it. The vehicle is quiet, rides well, and averages 34 mpg.

SCCH

rvaldez1
06-18-2007, 09:50 AM

I have driven both, I feel the LS simply cannot handle the MKZ. Its in a different league (V6). Also, the styling is much nicer, and the car is spacious.

Personally I would look into the Milan premier V6 AWD. Looks as good and performs the same. Good Luck pleasing the MS.

RoyLPita
06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
whatever Ford product that you choose, PM me the VIN.

fastblackmerc
06-18-2007, 10:17 AM
whatever Ford product that you choose, PM me the VIN.

Will do if it's pre-owned.

Zack
06-18-2007, 10:17 AM
She needs a Red Marauder

fastblackmerc
06-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I have driven both, I feel the LS simply cannot handle the MKZ. Its in a different league (V6). Also, the styling is much nicer, and the car is spacious.

Personally I would look into the Milan premier V6 AWD. Looks as good and performs the same. Good Luck pleasing the MS.

If it's the MKZ or Milan they would have to be the AWD version. Also looking Chargers... the non-V6 kind :D.

SC Cheesehead
06-18-2007, 10:33 AM
She needs a Red Marauder

No.

A blue one.

fastblackmerc
06-18-2007, 11:23 AM
No.

A blue one.

I'll take any MM... red, blue, silver, black....

The wife's response to another MM was "I don't like your car... why would I get one?"

Mike Poore
06-18-2007, 02:00 PM
MKZ ....... we checked it out, and were impressed.

Also, even if there has been some unkind words spoken, from me, even, we liked the MKX even better, especially the safety features.

Can you say headlights that look around the corner + AWD + heated & cooled seats, which we love in the Aviator + that silky smooth 6sp tranny. :lovies:

jimlam56
06-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Whatcha doin' with the TBird Jim?

fastblackmerc
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Whatcha doin' with the TBird Jim?
It's got 102,000+ miles on it, needs the brakes & suspension rebuilt and alot of little minor things.

'97 T-Bird LX
Red w/ tan fabric interior
3.8L V-6
Power windows
Power brakes
Power trunk release
Power door locks
Aftermarket sunroof
Viper alarm system (siren doesn't work)
Really needs a good compounding or a paint job

RCSignals
06-18-2007, 02:50 PM
The Milan is actually a nice car. I had one as a loaner for a week. Handles well, smooth,and that new V6 is nice. this one didn't have the leather interior etc, and I'd want that if I were to get one.

fastblackmerc
06-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Well....... test drove an MKZ, wife relly liked it. A minature Lincoln.

Test drove a Charger R/T.

She's getting the Charger. It's a Silver Steel Metallic R/T w/ the R&T package. Some serious competition for my MM....... :(

rvaldez1
06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
:banana2:
Well....... test drove an MKZ, wife relly liked it. A minature Lincoln.

Test drove a Charger R/T.

She's getting the Charger. It's a Silver Steel Metallic R/T w/ the R&T package. Some serious competition for my MM....... :(
:banana2: Thats funny, congrats. I am sure you have your hands.