PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day

piglet
07-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Hello all,

Well it is official I am home. I flew off the USS KEARSARGE last Saturday and into MCAS New River. I had family from both sides there to greet me. It was an awesome site to see all those smiling faces.

I am just in from the Beach, I know, I know all that sand in IRAQ and I am at the beach. To be honest the day after my fly-in we went to the beach. My Family is from St. Louis and no beaches there.

I wanted to wish you all a safe and fun 4th of July. This years celebration is very special to me. Thank you all for the kind words throughout my deployment.

God Bless American and all of you.

MM03MOK
07-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Awesome news, Piglet! What a great treat for you and your family to spend the 4th together.

We proudly call you one of our own on so many different levels.

My best to the Bride.

Happy Fourth!

ps: join us in the Chat Room some Wed. night. We'd love to hear from you.

JamesHecker
07-04-2003, 11:07 AM
A very big "Welcome Home"! Glad to hear your home. Did you drive your Marauder to the beach? :D

jgc61sr2002
07-04-2003, 11:23 AM
piglet - Welcome Home. We are all happy to see you home safe and sound. :up: :up: Semper fidelis :beer:

Dr Caleb
07-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Welcome back piglet. I was in that area of the world about 12 years ago, in Saudi Arabia and the HMCS Athabascan.

Thanks for going over there. Wish I could have gone with you.

Happy Independance Day! Did you miss the wife and girlfriend? :lol:

Mark McQuaide
07-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Welcome back, and GREAT JOB keeping all of us safe and free. :rock:

TAF
07-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Piglet,

So good to have you back as an answer to our collective prayers. Thanks for everything you did and continue to do.

Now...go get in that car and drive, man. We want to hear about that first ride in so many months.

Jeff
07-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Thank-you

Bigdogjim
07-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Good to have you back safe and sound!

God did bless America!

Welcome HOME!!!!!

gja
07-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Piglet,
To you and your family, I thank you all. I am happy to know you are home safe and sound. It is beacuse of our men and women in the armed forces we can all do as we wish on the birthday of this most unique, and wonderful, nation.
This country owes a debt beyond measure to all who place themselves in harms way so that ALL Americans can live, work, sleep and dream free from so many worries that people in other countries must deal with daily.

God bless you, and hold you in the palm of his hand.

P.S. my cousin is home from duty as well, so your post has made this a truly joyous and peaceful day.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"-Ben Franklin

martyo
07-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all you have done for all of us and welcome home!!

Now, start making pkans to come to Texas for one big celebration!!

UncleLar
07-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Welcome home piglet. Glad you're back okay.

LincMercLover
07-04-2003, 11:26 PM
'Bout damn time you got back buddy!

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Great to have you back Piglet! :)

RCSignals
07-05-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Dr Caleb
Did you miss the wife and girlfriend? :lol:

Oh you Navy types :lol:

SergntMac
07-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Hey Pig, long time no see. Welcome back! You have missed a lot, we're all pushing 550 HP now, burning nitro, and the latest Reinhart mod is a AWD kit. You have some reading to catch up on...

LincMercLover
07-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Geez... Already makin' work for me, ehh piglet? LOL, it's cool. All cleaned up! :up:

piglet
07-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Hey all,

I guess I have been gone for a while, I screwed up my first post by posting it twice. Don't know how that happened??? Thanks to LML for fixing it up.

I have to admit that driving the Marauder again has been a treat. It puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.

Thanks for the warm welcome home. You all have been great.