PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dealership

jlm86fj1200
06-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello I am posting this to prevent any other F.L.M. owner the headache I received. krieger Lincoln mercury on billingsley Rd. in Dublin Ohio, In my opinion are not trust worthy at all, and have very poor customer service, along with a whole slew of problems I had with the service and parts dept. The worst is that nobody there showed any respect for me or my 2004 black beauty! Now this is not my first time dealing w/a dealership or the first time i have left a dealer:mad2: but this is by far the worst i have ever been treated, HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE SINCERLY JEFF MYERS

sailsmen
06-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Report to Ford and the BBB and the Chamber. Be very specific in your complaint, sooner the better.

Ken
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Another reason why FORD is in such a sad state. Who hasn't received bad service at a FORD or Lincoln Mercury Dealer, either when trying to buy a vehicle, or during service or repair? Does anyone up north care about this?

Ken

88LTDCV351
06-22-2007, 02:25 PM
When I was buying my Marauder, an old couple came in to look at a Ford GT. They made me sit for about an hour while they catered to the bigger buyer. So some of the things I negotiated got forgotten by the time it made it to my loan. I won't go back to the Ford stealership. Except the parts department. They aren't that much better but sometimes I want Ford parts.

Larry Staunton
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
If you're ever near Portsmouth, Virginia, try John Kool Lincoln-Mercury. One fine as frog hairs dealership both sales and service departments. They do Ford Motor Co. proud.

Aren Jay
06-24-2007, 12:07 AM
I have a great dealership locally and a terrible one. The bad one is closer to where I live so I tend to go to the further one. It unfortunately is across the street from my prefered private mechanic which is where I often go instead. The funny thing is that these two dealerships are day and night different but the same guy is the owner of both. It is just wierd.

knine
06-24-2007, 05:03 AM
I have a great dealership locally and a terrible one. The bad one is closer to where I live so I tend to go to the further one. It unfortunately is across the street from my prefered private mechanic which is where I often go instead. The funny thing is that these two dealerships are day and night different but the same guy is the owner of both. It is just wierd.
Same thing here, same guy owns both, one is a 9 out of 10, the other one is...well, the other 1. :D

CRUZTAKER
06-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the warning.
Hey Stevo....you know of this place?

I am fortunate that even with my little local dealership being swallowed up by the idiots of Liberty group, they kept the mechs from the former establishment and we still receive wonderfull service.

MACFORD88
06-24-2007, 09:14 AM
I Get Great Service A The Ford Dealer Or Could It Be Because I Work There.

shodude
06-24-2007, 11:06 AM
wow i'm shocked.. that is where i saw my first and only blue marauder (untill i bought mine of course). their ford dealership on morse road has always served me well. but if you want good service go to Bob boyd, they will do you right. atleast there car sales department is top notch

Ken
06-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I am fortunate that even with my little local dealership being swallowed up by the idiots of Liberty group, they kept the mechs from the former establishment and we still receive wonderfull service.Thats good, I bought my MM from the first Liberty dealership, in Vermilion. The guy handed me the keys, my family hopped in and away we go, the car sold itself. No trade-in, A plan, paid cash! Only question, did I want the 6 cd changer?
Fast forward, 3 1/2 yrs, different salesman, should've walked out, didn't wanna give ***** for a trade-in, pulled the old "hold the trade-in keys". Not a good experience. Never been back.
Hadn't had to deal with a car salesman before that as I had a cousin that sold FORD's until he moved to south FL, two years ago, and became Sales Manager for a small Honda dealership. Can't even drive down to see him for a new car.

Ken

Aren Jay
06-24-2007, 03:01 PM
You never really know how good a dealership is till you sell a car to them. I found the Subaru dealership that I liked to buy my car from and service was great there, better than the other local dealership but when it came time to sell them back my Subaru the once great dealership failed. They low balled me argued with me about me not knowing anything about the cars and left me with sourgrapes everytime I think about them now. So much for customer loyalty. The other place was wonderful Gave me a well negociated price (what I wanted) excellent place to deal with. I couldn't believe two places could flip flop so much in two years. The bad place is also the jaguar dealership but I have lost all interest in Jaguar if I need to go to them for anything ever again.

jlm86fj1200
06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
hello everyone, next Monday 7-2-07 I am scheduled for a 8 am appt. @ Donley ford., I will be waiting, I hope this time turns out well, anyone have info or past experiences there THANKS JEFF

Architect
06-25-2007, 06:23 AM
We've all heard these stories before, but as long as we're harping on them...here's one more...
Used to have a great Lincoln/Mercury dealer in Memphis...everyone friendly...everyone spoke as you walked by...just a really great dealership...
Good service in all departments...:D
Dealership bought out...New Owner...
Staff left in droves over next 6 months...
All service went down the tubes...:(
Finally found the Service Manager at a Ford dealership just outside Memphis...
Guess I'll be going to Ford from now on....:cool:
Architect

shodude
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
hello everyone, next Monday 7-2-07 I am scheduled for a 8 am appt. @ Donley ford., I will be waiting, I hope this time turns out well, anyone have info or past experiences there THANKS JEFF

delaware eh?? lol we need to meet up! :cool4:

Ken
06-25-2007, 02:46 PM
delaware eh?? lol we need to meet up! :cool4:Delaware, you aren't far from Columbus and Killjoy, Alarmguy and Daily03, and only a little further from the Cleveland area and Cruztaker, Pantheroc, mpearce, FastMerc and myself, Ken (plus Spub, Jolly Roger, Tom and the guy with the busted grill and busted control arm at Nick Mayer LM). Time for another dinner meet as soon as Barry gets his car back.

Ken

jlm86fj1200
06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
delaware eh?? lol we need to meet up! :cool4:
stop by the monro muffler on 23 and say hi,

jlm86fj1200
06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Delaware, you aren't far from Columbus and Killjoy, Alarmguy and Daily03, and only a little further from the Cleveland area and Cruztaker, Pantheroc, mpearce, FastMerc and myself, Ken (plus Spub, Jolly Roger, Tom and the guy with the busted grill and busted control arm at Nick Mayer LM). Time for another dinner meet as soon as Barry gets his car back.

Ken
pls. let me know when another dinner is planned I would like to meet some good MM owners and see some more Mercury's in person THANKS JEFF

shodude
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
stop by the monro muffler on 23 and say hi,

i just KNEW that was you!! haha i usually ride past once a week picking up pizza at the cottage inn. i'll have to stop by sometime! :beer:

Richy04
06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Good dealer here in NJ, although not a FLM dealer, I found these guys to be top notch and honest. They made me comfortable thru the whole transaction when I bought my 04 MM from them. If your in NJ, check out Pine Belt Nissan in Toms River, great bunch over there. I am not connected in any way to them but a happy customer.