PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Cayenne

Jeffh
06-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Has anyone had experience with the first generation Cayennes? I am looking 2004-2005 models with the V-8, the S model.

TIA
Jeff

KillJoy
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Experience....yes :D

They're soooo cute! Just like fast cars, but slower!!!

:baaa:

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
06-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Experience....yes :D

They're soooo cute! Just like fast cars, but slower!!!

:baaa:

KillJoy

Ditto.

I out ran one from a turnpike get on ramp years ago. Not fair however, it's technically is an suv. The Vator would likely have issues with the weight difference, lack of turbo, and only a tune.

O's Fan Rich
06-24-2007, 02:54 PM
They must be nice.
A client of mine just had 3 of his end up in Europe... and he didn't ask them to go there.

Eric91Z
06-24-2007, 03:51 PM
If I had the cash I would own one. From what I have heard, it is best to stay away from the early ones (2003 and early 2004) as they had some issues that have mostly been taken care of in the later years. I really like the re-style they did for the current ones.

I would highly recommend this site for great information (in case you haven't found it yet):

http://www.rennlist.com/

cyclopsram
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Yukka... Panthers rule.. Germans lose...

BAD MERC
06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I work on Porsche vehicles frequently. There are many more practical choices for a SUV. They really are not reliable and the repair costs are just like regular vehicles, except the decimal point is moved one space to the right.

Eric91Z
06-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I would have to agree that Porsche's have just as many, if not more, repair issues and parts and routine maintenance items definitely cost as much if not more. Parts are more, labor is more, etc.

Yes, there are more "practical" SUV's out there for your hard earned money. But, if I "had" the money and could afford the maintenance, insurance, etc, I would plunk my money down on a new Cayenne Turbo (or posibly even an S). Then again, if I had the funds, I could justify the price of a new 911, or the $30,000+ for a 1987-1989 930, or even $45,000 for a 1995 928 GTS. But that is me. I have always liked German cars and Porsche's in particular. And some day plan on owning one.

When that day comes that Porsche will have to share the garage with the Marauder. And I will continue to drive cheap cars - like my CVPI -as a daily driver.

If you have the means to afford it, if it works for what you want and you don't buy bottom end just to have one, then I say go for it and enjoy.

LILALLEYKATT
06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I just sold my 05 V-8 Touareg and I really liked it. I had the ecu reprogrammed and modified the throttle bodies to accept K&N cone filters. These SUVs are absolutely phenominal in the snow. I also enjoyed numerous street kills upon unsuspecting victims. Great vehicles and zero problems with 40K hard pressed miles. They love to set on 100 mph while you sip your coffee...Oh yeah thats right they dont have no speed limits in Germany...

RCSignals
06-24-2007, 07:56 PM
They must be nice.
A client of mine just had 3 of his end up in Europe... and he didn't ask them to go there.

I didn't know they were that amphibious

O's Fan Rich
06-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I didn't know they were that amphibious

:D
The big steel containers they arrived in were not suppose to be on the "inspection" list.... Don't think they were water tight either.