PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what to title this one....

SID210SA
06-25-2007, 06:46 AM
I have in the last few weeks met up with two new to me Marauder owners.....one is a Bexar (pronounced Bear) County Deputy, and just this weekend, I believe he said he was a truck driver. Well I was talking with the latter on Saturday when I met him and we were talking about the Marauder. He was telling me about his opinion on keeping the Marauder all original for value sake.....he also said that he had one of the originals of which only 3,500 were made. I was not aware of a first run of 3,500 '03's......is there? He also told me that since mine was an '04 ( I had already told him I had an '04) that I had, well something along the lines of my Marauder was not as good as his Marauder.....one of the reasons I got for this was that mine had traction control. Another reason was that I did not have Limited Slip Diff. I told him that my Marauder did have LSD and he told me who ever told me that was lying to me.....
Conversation went on and he told me that cars that do the one wheel peel and interrupted and I told him that my doesnt do that.....ergo I have LSD with traction control. He seems like a nice and eager guy just somewhat misinformed.....or am I wrong? He does want to meet up and go to some of our gatherings......

Thanks for your input....

Mike

fastblackmerc
06-25-2007, 06:53 AM
I have in the last few weeks met up with two new to me Marauder owners.....one is a Bexar (pronounced Bear) County Deputy, and just this weekend, I believe he said he was a truck driver. Well I was talking with the latter on Saturday when I met him and we were talking about the Marauder. He was telling me about his opinion on keeping the Marauder all original for value sake.....he also said that he had one of the originals of which only 3,500 were made. I was not aware of a first run of 3,500 '03's......is there? He also told me that since mine was an '04 ( I had already told him I had an '04) that I had, well something along the lines of my Marauder was not as good as his Marauder.....one of the reasons I got for this was that mine had traction control. Another reason was that I did not have Limited Slip Diff. I told him that my Marauder did have LSD and he told me who ever told me that was lying to me.....
Conversation went on and he told me that cars that do the one wheel peel and interrupted and I told him that my doesnt do that.....ergo I have LSD with traction control. He seems like a nice and eager guy just somewhat misinformed.....or am I wrong? He does want to meet up and go to some of our gatherings......

Thanks for your input....

Mike

You are right. Sadly, another misinformed Marauder owner.

Hotrauder
06-25-2007, 06:56 AM
To many Marauder owners know to little about Marauders. Use the search button here and you will find it all. With the information you can help others who are to lazy to become knowledgeable. Happy hunting. Dennis:)

SID210SA
06-25-2007, 08:23 AM
To many Marauder owners know to little about Marauders. Use the search button here and you will find it all. With the information you can help others who are to lazy to become knowledgeable. Happy hunting. Dennis:)

Unfortunately this guy does not have a computer :dunno: I have invited him for the GTG in Houston on the 14th of July.

Raudermaster
06-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Usually people like that, will always think they're right. I can't stand them at all. You alone will not change his mind, but hopefully if he goes to a meet he will realize that you were right all along, and he will feel like a giant ass.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-25-2007, 08:47 AM
To many Marauder owners know to little about Marauders.

This is a phenomenon that happens all the time with newer cars like this. Unlike classic car guys, most of whom build their own engines, people who only own newer cars typically aren't as fluent in the hard core mechanics and workings. Instead they put locking valve caps and lug nuts on their cars. LOL.

SID210SA
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Instead they put locking valve caps and lug nuts on their cars. LOL.

Hey now....I resemble only this part of that remark!!:)

RF Overlord
06-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Mike, as the others said^^^ that guy is sadly misinformed. I don't have the breakdown handy, but a little searching will reveal the actual build numbers.

For the record, all '03 300Bs and all '04s have both traction control AND limited-slip. That guy was prolly assuming that your car had traction control INSTEAD of limited slip, as that's the more common scenario.

Dragcity
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Dude's a Newb'

Should have just smoked 'em up for him, and then told him to buy you a beer.....

For crying out loud. Blah, Blah, Blah.... I know it all and your just a punk.... My Marauder is better than yours. My Mommy can fart louder than yours......My kid is an honor student... I'm the best and you just plain suck....

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go wash and wax YOUR Marauder and know you are one of the Elites ! Stock or not, we have the best cars out there....

It's time to say, there are only two types of car owners out there...

Marauder Owners... and people who wish they were Marauder Owners.....

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Should have just smoked 'em up for him ...
Stock or not,

If it's stock you may chirp em up for him

Local Boy
06-25-2007, 10:50 AM
You go Dragcity! Tell'em what's up! ^^^

RCSignals
06-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I think your owners manual states you have Limited slip, take a look and next time you see him show it to him.
Also you can show him the axle code on your car. Should be on the data sticker on the drivers door or door post. His code should be the same, which of course means you both have limited slip.

SID210SA
06-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys....

Aren Jay
06-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Sounds like the never can be wrong kind of guy. If he is a nice guy nod and enjoy his ignorance. If he can be told, tell him. If he is not a nice guy put him in his place. If he can't be put in his place laugh at him and move on.

Reminds me of this one guy who had a car memorabilia store in Calgary. He couldn't be wrong and knew everything and if he didn't it was an unwritten fact you really should trust him. He even came across as a compulsive liar, making up strange stories. (Ferrari would give him Ferrari's to drive for free) I don't think anyone ever went into his store twice. He closed down a few months later.

CBT
06-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Sounds like the never can be wrong kind of guy.
Ban that mo-fo when he joins!