PDA

View Full Version : New Truck.....Not A Ford!!

Marauderjack
06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Well.....

I was looking for a newer tow truck and smaller than the 96 F-350 dually I had.....Talked with a used car guy here and damn if he didn't sell my dually in a day AND got me what I wanted!!:beer:

Now I was "truckless" and looking but all the Fords were dark colors and I needed an 04 to get the 3-Valve 5.4L engine?? Anyway I stopped at a small Ford dealership in Ravenel, SC and ended up with a really nice 04 Dodge 1500 with the 5.7L HEMI!!:beer:

It is really quite nice and fairly strong for a heavy vehicle......AND the right color.....SILVER!!!!:bows:

See attached pix!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

HwyCruiser
06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Nice truck Jack! I loved my old '96 Ram Sport (even though the 5.7L was a pig). I really really want a tow-ready quad cab. Maybe one like yours in a turbo diesel. I rode in one a few weekends ago and it was nice.

Marauderjack
06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks JD!!

I would really rather have a Ford but this thing is nice and rides as good as a car!!:beer:

Only tuner available is a Hypertech (Diablo working on one right now) and I went ahead and got one....REALLY pepped it up a lot with the 87 octane tune so I put in the 93 octane one and it's even better....gets about 19.5 MPG at 75-80 MPH....NOT BAD AT ALL!!!:bows:

Next I will have to wake the exhaust up a bit....Tooooooo QUIET!!:shake:

Stay Tuned!!

Marauderjack:D

MarauderTJA
06-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Traitor:mad2:...Just kidding Jack. Enjoy your new truck. Looks sweet. Love the color!!

RoyLPita
06-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I have access to Chrysler's database, too. Pm me for a report if you like.

Vortex
06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
When I went looking for trucks a couple of years ago I gave Ford the first shot. I wanted at least an extended cab with a short bed. The Fords just looked goofy with that tiny 5 foot bed and with the longer bed it wouldnt fit in my garage. Anyway, I went to the Dodge dealer. Id never owned a Mopar at all in my life. I thought they looked better, the quadcab was bigger than a Ford extended cab and even with a six foot bed it would fit in my garage. Add the hemi (which I will tell you, is one hell of a nice motor) and I was sold. Ive owned mine over two years now and nary a squeak, rattle or any other problem. Strong recommendation from me.

teamrope
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
What? Dodge and FoMoCo sharing the same driveway? There will be pandemonium in the streets I tell ya!

Almost as bad as Chevy and FoMoCo in the same garage. Wait a minute... I resemble that last remark.

Seriously though, that is a nice looking truck, and the paint is a real close match... :)

Marauderjack
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
When I went looking for trucks a couple of years ago I gave Ford the first shot. I wanted at least an extended cab with a short bed. The Fords just looked goofy with that tiny 5 foot bed and with the longer bed it wouldnt fit in my garage. Anyway, I went to the Dodge dealer. Id never owned a Mopar at all in my life. I thought they looked better, the quadcab was bigger than a Ford extended cab and even with a six foot bed it would fit in my garage. Add the hemi (which I will tell you, is one hell of a nice motor) and I was sold. Ive owned mine over two years now and nary a squeak, rattle or any other problem. Strong recommendation from me.

I agree......Never thought twice about a Dodge but the Fords in 04 were too rounded and just not what I wanted.....plus I COULDN'T FIND ONE THAT WASN'T BLACK!!!!:shake:

So far I'm very impressed with the Dodge.....great ride.....quiet (for now) and gets pretty good fuel mileage....plus the dog can ride again (not in the MM)!!:beer:

Marauderjack:D

Mike Poore
06-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Cool! Now I know where to look when it's time to let Wes have my F-150. UM, I'm assuming it will tow a trailer with a car on it.

Marauderjack
06-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Cool! Now I know where to look when it's time to let Wes have my F-150. UM, I'm assuming it will tow a trailer with a car on it.

Mike,

I bought it to tow my enclosed car hauler with my 66 Cobra replica in it.....combined weight is around 6K pounds!!:beer: It works fine as far as I can tell but I haven't got any hills down here so time will tell??:rolleyes:

The Dodge has a lot of power and accelerates pretty briskly.....nothing like my Marauder but darn good for a 5500 pound vehicle!!:bows:

Marauderjack

RoyLPita
06-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Mike,

I bought it to yow my enclosed car hauler with my 66 Cobra replica in it.....combined weight is around 6K pounds!!:beer: It works fine as far as I can tell but I haven't got any hills down here so time will tell??:rolleyes:

The Dodge has a lot of power and accelerates pretty briskly.....nothing like my Marauder but darn good for a 5500 pound vehicle!!:bows:

Marauderjack

How do you "Yow" something??! :jk:

You have a PM.

Marauderjack
06-30-2007, 07:14 AM
You know "yow it around town"......kind of like towing but without wheels on the trailer!!:eek: If ya yow at night it makes real purdy sparks!!:beer:

Thanks Brian!! I PM'd back asking what a "PDI" is??:confused:

Marauderjack....aka: "Yower":D