PDA

View Full Version : Drive Harder! More power?

OneBADLsE
07-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Yep. Just as the title says. I have been driving the GM quite hard the last 2 weeks. Not burning up rubber, but just hard driving.

I have noticed from driving like this constantly, i gained more off idle torque, smoother 1-2 WOT shifts, and have ZERO deadspots in the power band. I clocked my 0-60 and it went from 7.7 to 6.9 secs! (MASSIVE DIFFERENCE!!!)

My question is does the computer make changes and actually learn when you want the power to come on, and almost automatically re-tune itself (adjust to driver input habits)? I know it sounds crazy, but I cant come to any other conclusion :dunno:

cyclopsram
07-02-2007, 04:44 AM
Yes... apparently there is language in the PCU which learns your habits...and if you disconnect the battery for any length of time it may reset to factory default and start all over...I seem to remember this from posts a few years ago.

RoyLPita
07-02-2007, 06:15 AM
I believe that you performed an Italian tune up. You cleaned out the gunk that was in the intake system. I know I feel a difference after driving long distances on the highway.

OneBADLsE
07-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I believe that you performed an Italian tune up. You cleaned out the gunk that was in the intake system. I know I feel a difference after driving long distances on the highway.

Wouldnt the italian tune up be adding grease and gunk to the intake instead? :P

MarauderSM
07-02-2007, 01:00 PM
:burn:Drive It Like I Stole It=Good Thing

Crown Vicman
07-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Maybe you've just become a better driver.

Bradley G
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
That explains, the wifes' LSE is always a dog!:lol:
Yep. Just as the title says. I have been driving the GM quite hard the last 2 weeks. Not burning up rubber, but just hard driving.

I have noticed from driving like this constantly, i gained more off idle torque, smoother 1-2 WOT shifts, and have ZERO deadspots in the power band. I clocked my 0-60 and it went from 7.7 to 6.9 secs! (MASSIVE DIFFERENCE!!!)

My question is does the computer make changes and actually learn when you want the power to come on, and almost automatically re-tune itself (adjust to driver input habits)? I know it sounds crazy, but I cant come to any other conclusion :dunno:

OneBADLsE
07-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Maybe you've just become a better driver.

I was always a great driver...And handsome too

Richy04
07-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Its similar to block learn on GM cars, it will tailor and optimize all facets of engine performance by your needs and demands. It takes time but it does work. If you back off, it will relearn and return specs to your original style of driving soon after. Saturn calls it fuzzy logic.. oohh

OneBADLsE
07-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Its similar to block learn on GM cars, it will tailor and optimize all facets of engine performance by your needs and demands. It takes time but it does work. If you back off, it will relearn and return specs to your original style of driving soon after. Saturn calls it fuzzy logic.. oohh

makes sense... I did look block learn up. At least i know im not crazy