PDA

View Full Version : What if you microwaved a...?

BruteForce
07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Ever wondered what would happen if you microwaved ketchup packets? Or Christmas lights? Or maybe deodorant?

Check here and see it in action (http://www.u-starvin.com/micromaniac/)

I think my favorite so far is the marshmallows. :D

Mike Poore
07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Cool Website, thanks!

Too bad they didn't try a golf ball. The kid who tried it's mom heard the explosion at the neighbor's house, I'm told. :eek:

Richy04
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
The eggs were the best!!

Mad1
07-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Don't do it with a mouse ... unless you put it in a Smucker's jam jar.

You don't want to deal with the clean up after the 30-second mark.

(Knowledge born of a wasted youth!)

And before you ask, it wasn't my idea ... but the mouse was asking for it getting into our sleeping bags.

And did you see the Myth-Busters where they nuked a giant Jaw Breaker?

It turned into hard candy with a molten core ... very neato, but tough to east.

Marauder386
07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I used to nuke my sisters little blue soft rubber Smurfs...funny as hell after cuz yah had a puddle of blue with two eyeballs in it...she even thought it was cool after the first three or four !

:cool:

offroadkarter
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Eggs was the best hands down, the Christmas lights, then ketchup packets

ixlr8
07-03-2007, 02:33 AM
In college I somehow found out that if you take a regular incandescant light bulb and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds, the fillament will actually glow for about 5-6 seconds (varies). Kills the bulb, but doesn't hurt the microwave. Turn the lights off and watch it glow - very cool.

Blackened300a
07-03-2007, 04:34 AM
In college I somehow found out that if you take a regular incandescant light bulb and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds, the fillament will actually glow for about 5-6 seconds (varies). Kills the bulb, but doesn't hurt the microwave. Turn the lights off and watch it glow - very cool.

Actually, put the bulb into a glass of water and then microwave it, It will light up like a lightning bolt and you can still use the bulb afterwards. the water will keep the contacts cool. Thats what burns up without the water.

magindat
07-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Watching servers update (paint dry) on one monitor and microwave stuff on the other. Thanx for the diversion!!!!

Aren Jay
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
I tried matches at College. Nothing happens.

We did get these cheap plastic cups and used to microwave hot chocolate with them but they would melt vertically. They came out like coasters. With a microwave full of hot water. It was cool to watch it just would shrink down to nothing.

Didn't watch to often though microwaves leak.

pantheroc
07-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Good one, needed a laugh at work.

OneBADLsE
07-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Christmas lights were the best

High-C
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
When we were kids we nuked a cheap hot dog for like 5 or 6 minutes and it was one of the nastiest things that I have ever smelled and it turned the consistency of styrofoam and quadrupled in size... Weird.:loco:

Blackened300a
07-03-2007, 12:00 PM
When I was away at college mmy friend had flies in his dorm, We managed to catch a few and put them in the microwave.
After 5 minutes on high the flies flew out like nothing happened.
I thought for sure they would have popped

Aren Jay
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I microwave my Marshmellows all the time.