PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates No Longer Worlds Richest Man

MACFORD88
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
SAW TODAY THAT BILL GATES IS NO LONGER RICHEST MAN.CARLOS SLIM FROM MEXICO IS NUMBER ONE NOW.:eek:

larryo340
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
all I can say is
http://t3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1212597602574&id=abc4b8549ebc9cb9488fd30cdc3 49ec4

Marauderjack
07-04-2007, 03:07 AM
Probably because he is spending billions to keep Apple alive.....to keep the government from controlling him as a monopoly!!:rolleyes:

Mad4Macs
07-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Probably because he is spending billions to keep Apple alive.....to keep the government from controlling him as a monopoly!!:rolleyes:

What a strange thing to say!
Nearly 11 years ago, MS performed a stock purchase of Apple, but hasn't spent a penny "keeping" anyone alive.
Apple's stock is worth 4x Microsoft's, Apple's market cap exceeds that of Dell, and they've moved from 2% market share to just over 7.
Yep, they sell more computers than Sony!
Apple will also sell more iPhones in one week, than Microsoft has sold Zunes since its introduction.
In other words, Apple is taking care of Apple, just fine.

Mad4Macs
07-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Come to think of it, the stock MS purchased in '97 is now worth over $100 per share higher than when they bought.
Seems more likely that Apple stock is doing MS a lot more than MS ever did for Apple ;)

Smokie
07-04-2007, 05:59 AM
I wonder how much money Carlos spends (gives) on his fellow countryman, there are poor in Mejico, right? Bill Gates gives by the millions.

Mad4Macs
07-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Quoting Mr Carlos

"Gates has to study how he can (fight poverty) in the same way that Microsoft … succeeded in business, because charity has not solved the problem," Slim says. "It's based on my conviction that poverty is not fought with donations, charity or even public spending, but that you fight it with health, education and jobs."

Gates gives money in order to assuage his conscience.

Smokie
07-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Quoting Mr Carlos

"Gates has to study how he can (fight poverty) in the same way that Microsoft … succeeded in business, because charity has not solved the problem," Slim says. "It's based on my conviction that poverty is not fought with donations, charity or even public spending, but that you fight it with health, education and jobs."

Gates gives money in order to assuage his conscience.

So Carlos does what for his people besides talking????
What especifically does he do to fight poverty in Mejico.

By the way most of the money that Gates gives away goes directly into EDUCATION not welfare babymaking machines.

Mad4Macs
07-04-2007, 06:18 AM
You do understand that Mr Carlo's interests make him one of the country's largest employers, don't you?
He's not some Latin Playboy, nor a drug lord, he's a business man, running dozens of corporations, giving tens of thousands of people their paychecks.

Smokie
07-04-2007, 06:31 AM
You do understand that Mr Carlo's interests make him one of the country's largest employers, don't you?
He's not some Latin Playboy, nor a drug lord, he's a business man, running dozens of corporations, giving tens of thousands of people their paychecks.

Yes I understand that, Bill Gates is also an employer of tens of thousands and his creation made 2 of his employees billionaires, about a dozen millionaires and thousands of his employees very wealthy thru stock ownership. The State of Washington educational system recieves millions of dollars annually from contributions directly from Bill Gates and also his employees.

I don't think Bill Gates is a saint, far from it, but he is not the devil either. He is a shrewd and very succesful business man. In this country we all want to succeed but when one individual becomes very, very good at it then some feel the obligation to destroy him because being very succesfull must be inherently evil.:)

Bill= Employer of thousands, giver of millions.
Carlos= Employer of thousands.

BruteForce
07-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Apple's stock is worth 4x Microsoft's

That is a ludicrous statement. How many stock splits has Apple done in the past 20 years? MSFT has split 9 times so not only has stock price doubled/tripled/quintupled but your original single share is now 288 shares.

rvaldez1
07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
SAW TODAY THAT BILL GATES IS NO LONGER RICHEST MAN.CARLOS SLIM FROM MEXICO IS NUMBER ONE NOW.:eek:

Ya, it must be from the investment of capital he has freed up by liquidating so many comp USA. I thought it was a great move, you have to give him that.

teamrope
07-04-2007, 09:57 AM
So Carlos does what for his people besides talking????
What especifically does he do to fight poverty in Mejico.

By the way most of the money that Gates gives away goes directly into EDUCATION not welfare babymaking machines.

The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has given out more full ride scholarships than I care to try to guess at.... (Numerically speaking.)

Aren Jay
07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
As a Happy AAPL owner I just have to smile.

Mad4Macs
07-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Yes I understand that, Bill Gates is also an employer of tens of thousands and his creation made 2 of his employees billionaires, about a dozen millionaires and thousands of his employees very wealthy thru stock ownership. The State of Washington educational system recieves millions of dollars annually from contributions directly from Bill Gates and also his employees.

I don't think Bill Gates is a saint, far from it, but he is not the devil either. He is a shrewd and very succesful business man. In this country we all want to succeed but when one individual becomes very, very good at it then some feel the obligation to destroy him because being very succesfull must be inherently evil.:)

Bill= Employer of thousands, giver of millions.
Carlos= Employer of thousands.

Mexdata lists Carlos as employing 250,000, and I don't think Carlos is a saint, either. He is a shrewd and very succesful business man. In this country we all want to succeed but when one individual becomes very, very good at it then some feel the obligation to destroy him because being very succesfull must be inherently evil.

The simple fact remains, Carlos is richer than Gates.

Mad4Macs
07-05-2007, 01:16 AM
That is a ludicrous statement. How many stock splits has Apple done in the past 20 years? MSFT has split 9 times so not only has stock price doubled/tripled/quintupled but your original single share is now 288 shares.

Hardly a ludicrous statement.
Apple went public on December 12, 1980 at $22.00 per share. The stock has split three times since the IPO so on a split-adjusted basis the IPO share price was $2.75.
Today, it's at $127, and predictions range as high as reaching $200 by years end.
Also, (according to BusinessWeek) AAPL has had a 1,273% rise in shares over the past 10 years, which "transcend any particular tech market."

MENINBLK
07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Carlos holds the gate open so that millions of his people can cross over to America.

Mad4Macs
07-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Gates lobbies Congress to expand H1-B visas, in order to cut costs by not hiring American programmers.

Aren Jay
07-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Microsoft is moving to Vancouver Canada. Bill Gates is now 1.065% richer.