PDA

View Full Version : Humorous President

oldekid
07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Our current leader isn't very funny. I appreciate good humor and because of that, I think there are several comedians that could serve us well as president. If you could pick one, who would it be?

My first pick is Bill Maher. What do you think?

Aren Jay
07-06-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.samkinison.org/

He would have gotten the rusci's attention.

sicilianmarquis
07-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Either Chris Rock, or Dave Chappelle

oldekid
07-06-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.samkinison.org/

He would have gotten the rusci's attention.I agree, Sam would have been a great one too.

I think he would have taken care of world hunger with the "FOLLOW THE TRUCK" concept.

It's just too bad that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . HE'S DEAD!

Sorry about the shouting, but that's what Sam did best. Wow, a preacher/ comedian/president. . . . . F*****G PERFECT!

:banana:

MarauderSM
07-07-2007, 07:57 AM
I would second Bill Maher. I can't wait to his show comes back on in August. I want to now want he has to say about. Bush's lastest follies, Cheney being above the law, Libby getting a pardon, the sheriff that released Paris from jail, the TB scare, the amnesty bill that almost was(2x), Democrats lack of power even in congress, Republicans that are no longer siding with bush, the lack of progress with the troop surge, Bush putting up a missle defense/OFFENSE sheild in Europe (by Russia), still not finding/LOOKING FOR Bin Laden, Gas being on the verge of costing 3.50 or more (in the D.C.), how the next presidency is screwed because of debt, rich are richer and poor are poorer, and no one talking about impeaching Bush. Why did the good news come after his show went off. Their are more but I don't want to go into more detail.

Bill Maher for 08.

larryo340
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Dennis Leary

Mike Poore
07-07-2007, 11:34 AM
But seriously, folks ..........

You've picked some of these folks, even dead ones, because they're funny, and would be a hoot in the White House; but what about Bill Cosby? I wonder if he could actually get elected? :dunno:

duhtroll
07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Lewis Black

Until he has an aneurysm, that is.

O's Fan Rich
07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Motorhead350.....:bows:

oldekid
07-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Some good suggestions guys. I just thought of another one that would work for me too. . . . . Ron White.

Aren Jay
07-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Bill Murray.

was going to say Alan Alda but he has been your president.

Leadfoot281
07-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Bill Murray.

was going to say Alan Alda but he has been your president.

Lol!!

Bush is way funnier than Bill Mahr. Besides if Mahr is considered a comedian, then I vote for Ann Coulter.

alarmguy
07-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Bil Maher is not funny, I never considered him a comedian.

finster101
07-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I thought politics were a no no.

oldekid
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I thought politics were a no no.Ann Coulter is for sure a no no!

O's Fan Rich
07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I thought politics were a no no.

So's sex with your cousin, but it happens.:D

finster101
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
So's sex with your cousin, but it happens.:D
I am sooo glad that is not followed by "ask me how I know"!!

MarauderSM
07-08-2007, 06:30 PM
But Bill Maher is a comedian. He is labeled as a political comedian. Political comedians just make fun and mock the news in general. Without them pointing out everything that is wrong with the country, our policies, and the world in general, how would people get though the day. At least they can make someone laugh at our problems. But I do think we need a president with a sense of humor next. It would at least help our country to have a leader that could be loved and not be thought of as a idiot.

oldekid
07-08-2007, 06:44 PM
But Bill Maher is a comedian. He is labeled as a political comedian. Political comedians just make fun and mock the news in general. Without them pointing out everything that is wrong with the country, our policies, and the world in general, how would people get though the day. At least they can make someone laugh at our problems. But I do think we need a president with a sense of humor next. It would at least help our country to have a leader that could be loved and not be thought of as a idiot.Wow, coming from a twenty year old, that's good stuff.

I think Bill Maher is politically savvy and would give a terrific State of the Union address.

Thanks MaruderSM.

Leadfoot281
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Ann Coulter is for sure a no no!

If she was my cousin I'd.... Oh, nevermind. :D

Mike Poore
07-09-2007, 04:56 AM
But I do think we need a president with a sense of humor next. It would at least help our country to have a leader that could be loved and not be thought of as a idiot.

Hang on to your hat, kid, she's waiting in the wings.

oldekid
07-09-2007, 07:02 AM
After reading the rules regarding political and religious postings, my apologies to Admin for starting this one.

I've seen many comments about not posting those subjects, but I guess I never read Logan's sticky before with the actual request from him not do to so.

Maybe I should have asked what kind of car we all thought our next humorous president should drive. . . . oh well, I'll know better next time.

:nono:

Mike Poore
07-09-2007, 08:08 AM
After reading the rules regarding political and religious postings, my apologies to Admin for starting this one.

I've seen many comments about not posting those subjects, but I guess I never read Logan's sticky before with the actual request from him not do to so.

Maybe I should have asked what kind of car we all thought our next humorous president should drive. . . . oh well, I'll know better next time.

:nono:

Please, no apologies necessary. We're sharing humorous views on the body politic, and why not?
For the most part, our legislators are a laughing stock.

Our rules, as I interpret them, have to do with political rants, and partisanship, none of that has been done here. There's some funny stuff been posted on your thread, Carry on, I say. :D

Take the two senators from Pennsylvania, and our governor, for instance. Talk about comedians! One an empty suit, one a troll, and one a grandstanding jackass. Take your pick of which is which.

Now back to Bill Cosby for President!!! :banana:

oldekid
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Now back to Bill Cosby for President!!! :banana:My wife also likes him, but her all time favorite is Red Skelton.

I have no earthly idea what kind of car either of them would drive.

:lol:

Mike Poore
07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
My wife also likes him, but her all time favorite is Red Skelton.

I have no earthly idea what kind of car either of them would drive.

:lol:

Oh, I know about the Cosby car. It was a 427SC Cobra, perhaps, supercharged; one of two, specially built by Carroll Shelby. One for himself, and one for Cosby.

I remember the comedy routine where Bill talks about that car. It scared the living bejesus outta him and he quickly sold it.:drive:

BTW, I think Rodney Dangerfield would have driven a "K" car ....most likely a station wagon ......or a Pacer.:rofl:

mcb26
07-09-2007, 09:22 AM
I actually voted for Pat Paulson twice. I thought Gerald Ford was good with slapstick.Do these count?

ParkRanger
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Our current leader isn't very funny. I appreciate good humor and because of that, I think there are several comedians that could serve us well as president. If you could pick one, who would it be?

My first pick is Bill Maher. What do you think?

Alfred E. Neuman - And he looks sooooo much like W - Really can't tell the difference.

PR :burnout:

BruteForce
07-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Alfred E. Neuman - And he looks sooooo much like W - Really can't tell the difference.

PR :burnout:

Others have noticed too. :D

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/-/7/alfredwbush.jpg