PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fort Benning, GA

Bluerauder
07-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Made the 750 mile trip down here over the weekend to visit with the son and grandson. Didn't see one Marauder on the trip. Did see lots of Chargers of all flavors and varieties along with many Chrysler 300C. Will be headed back through Atlanta, Greenville, Spartanburg, and Richmond next weekend.

Mike Poore
07-09-2007, 07:04 AM
My god, they're making you re-up? :eek:

How's Chuck and the family doing? Please give him/them our warmest regards. We sent many fine Lutheran prayers their way.

Um, the Chargers and Chryslers, they were along the road with their hoods up, right? :rofl:

Bluerauder
07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
My god, they're making you re-up? :eek:

How's Chuck and the family doing? Please give him/them our warmest regards. We sent many fine Lutheran prayers their way.

Um, the Chargers and Chryslers, they were along the road with their hoods up, right? :rofl:
Chuck and familiy are doing fine. Thanks for the prayers -- he's bounced back quite well from his incident. Looks like we timed this visit just right 'cause he's headed to California in October.

Saw one Charger SRT8 in SC. Had a bright orange 300C with 22" wheels and some kind of black graphics on the trunk scream past and changing lanes on I-85 in Altanta. He was pulled over by the law as we passed by Turner Stadium. :D

BTW -- in the interest of keeping some miles off the Marauder, we decided to take the wife's Freestyle. It travels very well.

fastblackmerc
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
If you need a place for a pit stop on your way back home I live just outside of Raleigh.

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Will be headed back through Atlanta, Greenville, Spartanburg, and Richmond next weekend.

Hey Charlie, you gonna have time to stop by a few minutes in Greenville? Would enjoy meeting you before MV-V. Will PM you with phone numbers.

SCCH

Mike Poore
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
OH gawd! The thought of all those Blue Marauders in Hagerstown at one time is gonna make me:

Smile :)
pass wind :eek:
throw up :puke:
drool:drool:
very happy :2thumbs:
rejoice :high5:
ecstatic :cloud9:
And ......um, fastblackmerk? If that woman in you avitar lives at your house, can I come along for a visit with Charlie? :rofl:

JamesHecker
07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
My son is on his way back to Fort Benning this Friday. He has been home for a month after breaking his arm three weeks into boot camp.

MarauderTJA
07-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Drive safe Charlie and watch out for the other guy.

Bluerauder
07-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Hey Charlie, you gonna have time to stop by a few minutes in Greenville? Would enjoy meeting you before MV-V. Will PM you with phone numbers.

SCCH
Not sure what the schedule is right now. Might be passing through Greenville around 1-2 PM and looking for a lunch spot. Cracker Barrell??

Mike Poore
07-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey Charlie, what about Raleigh? um, take a camera :D

SC Cheesehead
07-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Not sure what the schedule is right now. Might be passing through Greenville around 1-2 PM and looking for a lunch spot. Cracker Barrell??

Hey, is it this weekend or next weekend? If it's this weekend, we've got an MM Pool Party planned and you're welcome to stop by, free lunch plus a chnce to BS with some Marauder guys.

If it's next weekend, give me a holler en-route. There's a bunch of good restaurants right off I-85, we can meet at the Cracker Barrel or wherever for lunch.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
07-10-2007, 06:47 AM
:D
OH gawd! The thought of all those Blue Marauders in Hagerstown at one time is gonna make me:

Smile :)
pass wind :eek:
throw up :puke:
drool:drool:
very happy :2thumbs:
rejoice :high5:
ecstatic :cloud9: :rofl:Yep, it's gonna be something! To paraphase the words from a well-known Alro Guthrie song:

"You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they won't take him.

And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three of 'em, they may think it's an organization.

And can you, can you imagine fifty, I said fifty DBP MMs showed up at MV-V? And friends they may thinks it's a movement."

Yep!:D

SCCH

Bluerauder
07-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Hey, is it this weekend or next weekend? If it's this weekend, we've got an MM Pool Party planned and you're welcome to stop by, free lunch plus a chnce to BS with some Marauder guys.

If it's next weekend, give me a holler en-route. There's a bunch of good restaurants right off I-85, we can meet at the Cracker Barrel or wherever for lunch.

SCCH
I think we are headed back north on I-85 on Saturday, 14 July. PM me the address and I can crank it into the wife's navigation system. Would love to swing by an chat. I'll park the DBP Freestyle down the street away from the MMs. ;)

SC Cheesehead
07-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I think we are headed back north on I-85 on Saturday, 14 July. PM me the address and I can crank it into the wife's navigation system. Would love to swing by an chat. I'll park the DBP Freestyle down the street away from the MMs. ;)

PM'd address is on the way.

Hey, all BLUE Ford products are more than welcome in my driveway!

SCCH

ParkRanger
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
FORT BENNING!!

Aaaah. A nightmare blast from the past. :eek:
As soon as I saw the word 'Benning' I began to low crawl, do push-ups and had an irresistable urge to do the 'airborne shuffle'.

All the way.

PR :burnout:

Bluerauder
07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
FORT BENNING!!

Aaaah. A nightmare blast from the past. :eek:
As soon as I saw the word 'Benning' I began to low crawl, do push-ups and had an irresistable urge to do the 'airborne shuffle'.

All the way.

PR :burnout:
What is great about this visit is to sit out on the son's porch in the morning and watch all the troops rushing by, running, and doing PT --- glad I am long done with that stuff. :rofl:
We can see the 250 foot jump towers from his house (about 1/4 mile away). :D
Airborne !!

Bluerauder
07-14-2007, 04:53 AM

SCCH
I'll give you a call as I get close to Greenville. Got in pretty late last night from an Atlanta Braves game. 2 hours up and 2 hours back. Might not get on the road as early as I had hoped. If we can get outta here by 10 AM, I oughta be in your neighborhood by 2 PM. If not, then maybe by 3 PM. Hope that's not too late. :o