PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Rich Long ..... Turner Field tonight !!!

Bluerauder
07-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Hey Rich,

Me and the son are headed to Turner Field tonight to see the Atlanta Braves play the Pittsburgh Pirates. Quality time with adult beverages. It ain't Camden Yards but it sure looks very similar from the exterior. I will do a comparison and report out to you. ;) I'll be wearing my O's gear .... :D

O's Fan Rich
07-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks! It's one of my "on the list" things to do also.
That and "The Jake"

Bluerauder
07-14-2007, 04:44 AM
Thanks! It's one of my "on the list" things to do also.

Atlanta 9 -- Pittsburgh 1. It was a real blow out by Atlanta. Back to back homeruns by McCann and Andruw Jones. McCann also hit a 3 run HR in the 1st inning.

Turner Field is very nice. Big open concourses with plenty of food and drink stations. Beer $6.50. Hot Dogs $4.25. Huge HD Jumbotron in centerfield; but no "replays" of controversial calls by the umps. TVs mounted in the overhead above the seats. We sat on the 1st Base side just under the Lexus Level (that's their equivalent of the Club level at Camden Yards).

The "Budweiser Zone" in right field offers a sports bar inside the park with a porch that must be really inviting to left hand hitters. Great view from the porch; but I figured that it would take a 500 foot shot down the line to make it to the porch which is about 30 feet above the field.

Had a little trouble getting to the Green Parking lot since it was my first time there. Actually went all the way around the stadium. The Green Lot sits right where the old Fulton County stadium was. They have the old infield dirt and bases laid out in brown. We parked right on top of 3rd base. You can check it out on Google Maps --- 755 Hank Aaron Drive, Atlanta, GA. I know that you understand the significance of the address.

There were fireworks after the game. We watched enroute to the car. Easy out. Was on I-85 south in 10 minutes. No problem.

It was a good night, great game and lots of quality time with my son. :D