PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Legislators

xopher
07-14-2007, 02:38 PM
You can read this whole article, or just skim down to "What legislators are driving". The list made me chuckle :)
♪♪ One of these things is not like the other ♪♪
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/20/LEGCARS.TMP

Leadfoot281
07-14-2007, 04:48 PM
One of these things is not like the other....

Do you mean the one Republican or the one Marauder? :)

MACFORD88
07-14-2007, 05:04 PM
I Wounder If The Legislator Driving The 03 Mm Is A Member Here.

Aren Jay
07-14-2007, 06:30 PM
We should all write in, in support of Sally Lieber.

Tell her that we are proud of her for driving such a fine Canadian automobile and helping to foster better relations with her neighbour to the north and how driving a North American car helps foster better Canada USA relations and improves the lives of the North American automotive worker.

Rather than following in the footsteps of her colleges who are pandering to protective markets and stifling the free flow of North American made products internationally.

MACFORD88
07-14-2007, 06:52 PM
My Wife Wants A Toyota Camery.i Said No Way Im Trying To Get Her A Mkz.

Richy04
07-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I posted a comment,

Truthfully, in the two plus months that I've owned my Marauder, I put 500 miles on it.. My Hybrid OTOH sees 3k miles a month give or take since I use it to drive from the NJ shore to NYC.. It costs me a little over 6 bucks round trip to do it. My motorcycle got 6 less mpg making the same run. I commented on Anthony Adams and his silly claim of his size preventing him from getting a smaller car.. :argue:

HogWash!! I am bigger than that little sissy girl :bigcry:cry-baby:bigcry: and I've been driving a 2 seater Hybrid for almost 6 years!! Biatch

Aren Jay
07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I literally do not fit in the drivers seat of the Prius. I also had a look at the Smart fortwo and I don't fit into the 2007 version either. Don't know about the 2008 version, might have a look at that. I also considered a Suzuki SX4, I do fit in that no problems at all, but I found my Marauder to be the best fitting car (although the seatbelt leaves alot to be desired) I have owned since my 86 Mustang Cobra. 78 Lebaron Wagon was also nice, if a little tempermental and our 66 Mustang 289 was perhaps the best fit overall. They just don't make many cars for us big people anymore.

Ironically of all the new cars the only ones that do fit big people best are the biggest ones and the smallest ones. Everything else just doesn't.

hot-rauder
07-17-2007, 10:49 AM
they cheated sally on gas mileage. i get over 23mpg on the highway.... i also think it is awesome to see a female driving a MM. i know of an elderly woman that drives her husbands, almost guaranteed they are NOT on here. it looked funny at first to see her hunched over the wheel and doing the typical, "i cant find the gas pedal" take off from lights and then i realized.... who ever gets that MM next, will be a happy person. it has never been driven like it was built to be.

Woo! go sally!:up:

magindat
07-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Go Sally Go Sally It's your birthday Go Sally....

Vortex
07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a22/

hot-rauder
07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a22/

kinda odd, we look like twins. lol just goes to show you how diverse the car world really can be. i wonder if she appreciates the cobra motor or if her husband wanted his wife to have the best ride in government

mrjones
07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Am I understanding that her car is leased for her by the great state of CA?

hot-rauder
07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Am I understanding that her car is leased for her by the great state of CA?

"free" marauder???
:awe:

Redster
07-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Actually, Mountain View is 35 miles or so from San Francisco. It is in the heart of most of us know as the Silicon Valley. If you have ever driven Interstate 80 between SF and Sacramento, you need a MM. That is one wild road, especially on Friday night when the gamblers are rushing to Tahoe and Reno.
I think hybrids are very interesting and plan to buy an Escape hybrid. I find the technology to be interesting plus think it would be a great grocery getter.
Cheers

Aren Jay
07-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Assemblywoman.Lieber@assembly. ca.gov

xopher
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I think hybrids are very interesting and plan to buy an Escape hybrid.
The Escape Hybrid was on my short list of vehicles this spring before I found the Marauder. I think hybrids and alternative fuels are the way to go in the future, but for the time being, my carbon footprint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_footprint) is firmly depressed on the long skinny pedal on the right.

Aren Jay
07-20-2007, 08:32 AM
So has anyone invited her to MM.net?