PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful movie(Tokyo Drift)

Advancedautosec
07-29-2007, 06:54 PM
i was bored out my mind today and decided to watch Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift(i know i know, no need to bash me for it) but the thing was at the end the main characted has a Mustang rebuilt(i think a '68 maybe?)and they put a TOYOTA ENGINE IN IT!!!!! what the hell is that about???!! total disgrace to an american muscle car!!:puke::eek:

offroadkarter
07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I thought it was a SR20DET nissan? I never saw the movie, but i saw that online. Yeah that is stupid, appearently they totaled the car they wanted to use, and one of the kids who worked there, his uncle had a mustang that needed a motor, and thats what happend

The shoulda put a 4.6L dohc in it, or better yet a 429, but youknow V8's are unheard of in fast and the furious, only 3 cars had V8's in the first 2 movies, the black charger, the orange challenger, and the camaro. THEY were the nice cars!

Advancedautosec
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
maybe it was a nissan engine? i though I saw TRD on it(toyota racing)either way i agree with you offroad, the best cars were the american muscle....

Big House
07-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Please don't forget the Charger at the end of Tokyo Drift, she was a buet but the movie wasn't that bad at all.

offroadkarter
07-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Please don't forget the Charger at the end of Tokyo Drift, she was a buet but the movie wasn't that bad at all.

Whats with all the mopar's though? They needa Judge in there somewhere, or an X100 :)

larryo340
07-29-2007, 07:32 PM
it wasn't a Charger, it was a Roadrunner :)

ctrlraven
07-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Yep it was a Nissan engine in the "hero" Mustang, the other ones I believe just had the regular V8 in them.

Motorhead350
07-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I didn't like this movie at first, but after I watched the bonus features I thought it was pretty cool. Drifting is new I guess to us and most people on here are pretty narrow minded when it comes to car companies that aren't American so I could instantly see why this movie would be put down without hesitation. The acting I thought was horrible from whoever played Sean, but the action was cool and the cars are actually pretty cool too if their done right. I'm sure they can all run down the 1320 as fast as they wanted because there are a ton of parts out for these cars so it's not like their slow dispite the fact that they really do sound like blenders.

The Mustang got a Skyline engine with a single turbo. It used to have a twin turbo, but both couldn't be fit in the car so they put in one big one. It took about a month to do and the car ran down the 1/4 mile in about 13.2. Thats slow to me for a turbo, but hey we got blowers and usually make about that same time without any other mods. I don't understand why people will bash the Mustang for having a Japanese engine.... it's just a car and just an engine. We throw American V8s in Japanese cars all the time like Datsons, RX7s and probably more. So whats the problem with putting a Japanese engine in the Stang? It's probably the only one that has that and every other Mustang in the world probably has an American engine anyway.

My point is I don't see what everyone is crying about. It's just a movie, it's just a car. Some will like it, some won't.... like anything else in this world.

ChiTownMaraud3r
07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
The first one was imo the most decent, and entertaining of all 3.

SlkMerc
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
The Stang was out of place to begin with......Dude messed up his reg ride......
Dad gives dude his vintage stang sans motor.........Availability of American FoMoCo motor in Japan..less than likely to happen

Chance of high revving Ricer motor in Japan.....very good...Props to installers to get it in and running!

I liked the movie and the lead chic was smokin!

offroadkarter
07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
The first one was imo the most decent, and entertaining of all 3.

i completely agree with you, it was the best of the 3 because it actually was interesting and followable.

RCSignals
07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I didn't like this movie at first, but after I watched the bonus features I thought it was pretty cool. Drifting is new I guess to us and most people on here are pretty narrow minded when it comes to car companies that aren't American so I could instantly see why this movie would be put down without hesitation. The acting I thought was horrible from whoever played Sean, but the action was cool and the cars are actually pretty cool too if their done right. I'm sure they can all run down the 1320 as fast as they wanted because there are a ton of parts out for these cars so it's not like their slow dispite the fact that they really do sound like blenders.

The Mustang got a Skyline engine with a single turbo. It used to have a twin turbo, but both couldn't be fit in the car so they put in one big one. It took about a month to do and the car ran down the 1/4 mile in about 13.2. Thats slow to me for a turbo, but hey we got blowers and usually make about that same time without any other mods. I don't understand why people will bash the Mustang for having a Japanese engine.... it's just a car and just an engine. We throw American V8s in Japanese cars all the time like Datsons, RX7s and probably more. So whats the problem with putting a Japanese engine in the Stang? It's probably the only one that has that and every other Mustang in the world probably has an American engine anyway.

My point is I don't see what everyone is crying about. It's just a movie, it's just a car. Some will like it, some won't.... like anything else in this world.

So, you'll have no problem loading your tunes on an ipod :D

Motorhead350
07-30-2007, 09:34 AM
So, you'll have no problem loading your tunes on an ipod :D

Sure, but I'm never going to do it. :D

sicilianmarquis
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
it was pretty funny that i read, Yes they did put a skyline engine in there, but when it came to the drifting scene, the engine couldnt do ****, and they had to the a cobra jet in there for the actual drift scenes

Raudermaster
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM
The part that pissed me off the most of that movie, was when they dropped the Sylvia engine in the 'Stang. It took them like 3 hours to put it in and have it running, get a *****ing clue. Yea yea I know it's still a movie, but please make it a little more realistic and put like 3-5 days time into actually tuning the car and making it fit.

Big House
07-30-2007, 10:47 AM
It was a movie...in Armagedden they went to the moon in what was a day or so, in Space Shuttles with SRB's strapped to their backs...It is Hollywood (read entertainment) My only beef with the movie what the huge wheels on the stang and the exhaust note but again I am part of the minority that really liked this movie....and all MOPAR look the same to me....but thanks for the correction about the RR nd not the charger.

The part that pissed me off the most of that movie, was when they dropped the Sylvia engine in the 'Stang. It took them like 3 hours to put it in and have it running, get a *****ing clue. Yea yea I know it's still a movie, but please make it a little more realistic and put like 3-5 days time into actually tuning the car and making it fit.

Advancedautosec
07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
the movie was OK. puttin a nissan engine in a stang, not OK. thats all i wanted to say about it. they should have just left the mustang out of it unless it had a mustang engine. why couldnt the car have had the engine in it? the motor makes the car to me....if the MM came with anything less i dont think id drive one...

Crown Vicman
07-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Whats with all the mopar's though? They needa Judge in there somewhere, or an X100 :)

I especially agree with that

djbruce26
07-30-2007, 02:43 PM
For non Fordnuts and non Carlovers... it was a very good movie. It had what the other two lacked. Plot, character development, acting, writing, directing, soundtrack quality (much better soundtrack on this one if ya ask me)....

Yes, the end of the movie was the best part... and it was a nissan motor. It was the 20det... ehh.. it's about the same power output as a DOHC 4.6. But anyone who actually owns a mid 60s stang wouldn't disgrace it with a mod motor and would instead consider going with a nice 289 or a 302. Maybe a 351 if they are nuts... very few choose the 427/428/429 side of the coin though.

CBT
07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Mustang body+Skyline engine=RICE:hotrice:

Blackened300a
07-30-2007, 06:43 PM
but youknow V8's are unheard of in fast and the furious, only 3 cars had V8's in the first 2 movies, the black charger, the orange challenger, and the camaro.

Dont forget there were a few red mustangs that got ran over by a truck and there was a Lightning in the first movie.

Big House
07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Man..I did forget about those.

Motorhead350
07-31-2007, 12:34 PM
If you guys really wanna see a good car movie I have one word for you..... Gumball!