PDA

View Full Version : Two week Honeymoon!

Joe Walsh
07-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi folks!
I've been gone for the last two weeks because Marianne and I got married on July 14th!*
We then spent two awesome weeks touring:
San Francisco; Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf + Dungeness crabs, Alcatraz.
Sausilito; great town + Marin Highlands, Muir Woods.
Napa Valley; HotAir Baloon Ride, Mario Andretti's Winery, Mondavi Winery, Restaurants.
Carmel; the town and the beaches are incredible + 17 mile drive and Monterey.
....then on to...
Oahu: Waikiki beach, Honolulu was crowded and Pearl Harbor was REALLY crowded..:(
Hawaii (the Big Island); Black Sand beaches, Kona Coffee, the Volcanoes, and a Marauder police car!
and finally...
Kauai; The prettiest island! Catamaran tour of the Nepali coast, Bali High, Waterfalls, Waimea Canyon, Hanalei Bay, Poipu Beach....etc.

It was incredible!
We had so much fun! It was the first and probably last time either of us will be able to take off two weeks for a vacation.
We really had to force ourselves back to the airport in Honolulu and leave.:(

I'm now trying to unpack, get my body's time clock reset and clean up the Marauder for this Thursday's MV5 FUN!

*We drove away from the wedding ceremony in the 427 Cobra because the weather was great! The Marauder was our foul weather back-up car.
We drove by an open air Biker bar (Daniels) on the way to the reception and they all gave us the thumbs up as I gave them a dose of the 427's side pipes!!
Nothing like driving a Cobra in a full Tuxedo while your wife's veil whips around in the wind!!

RCSignals
07-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow congrats!

All the Best to you both

Breadfan
07-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Wow, Congrats Joe! Driving off in the 427 that must've been a sight!! Limo's are no where near as cool!

Bluerauder
07-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi folks!
I've been gone for the last two weeks because Marianne and I got married on July 14th!*!!
Congrats :congrats: Joe to you and Marianne !! :2thumbs:

You saw far too much stuff on your honeymoon. ;) Thirty-two years ago the wife and I spent our honeymoon at The Thunderbird Motel in Virginia Beach. We were there for 5 days. I heard that they have an ocean near there somewhere. :rofl:

Sounds like a great trip. Lots of good pics I hope -- :)

Marauderman
07-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Congrats........but I would have had the two cars switched-------the Cobra as my back up --BUT the Marauder as the Fun ride out of town car---Hey--I can't help it--I only have the MM--not both people--..I don't have a choice--:lol:

HwyCruiser
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Congrats Joe!

rayjay
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Congrats! Sounds like you two had one great honeymoon. ;)

FordNut
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a really great time. Welcome back.

Bradley G
07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Wishing you both, a life time of happiness! Together!!!

ctrlraven
07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Congrats Joe!

snowbird
07-31-2007, 07:29 AM
Congrats to both of you !

I hope you negociated some time for the FIT kit install PRIOR to going to the church !! :)

ckadiddle
07-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Congratulations!

;) Twyla and I got married on the 14th also. We hid out in a secluded cabin in the mountains of Tennessee for two weeks. Did some touristing when we felt like it. Just reading about your trip tired me out!

Mike Poore
07-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi folks!
I've been gone for the last two weeks because Marianne and I got married on July 14th!*.........; Nothing like driving a Cobra in a full Tuxedo while your wife's veil whips around in the wind!!

Congratulations, Kids!

You always know how to do it up right, and the Cobra tour, with the veil flying in the wind, past the biker dudes, had to be a hoot.

Barbara and I couldn't be more pleased for you and Marianne, and wish you every happiness, and a wonderful long and healthy life together.

I'll pass along the advice my old friend Dizz Freeman gave me on my wedding day: Never curse her, or hit her. .....words to live by.

jgc61sr2002
07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Joe - Congrats and Best Wishes.:D:beer:

MarauderTJA
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Congrats to you and your new bride Joe! Welcome home.