PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! Thank you for having me!

ineedanewhobby
07-30-2007, 06:04 PM
My name is Lenny, I hail from Syracuse, NY. I am a Mopar guy that is in love with the Mercury Marauder. If Ma Mopar was my main squeeze you could call the MM my girl on the side. Unfortunately the closest thing I can get is a Crown Vic that I've got all fancied up. I was going to do a MM conversion on the front clip with a custom grille that retained the Ford blue oval. I've decided to stop struggling through life with crappy jobs and go to college so most of the parts are in your classifieds forum. So close to having it materialize, I think it would have looked very nice. If my extremely small budget while in school allows me to keep the car I'll do something like that later on. Maybe I'll even stuff a supercharged DOHC 4.6 under the hood. Until then, my big, slow, CV will be standing on the shoulders of giants.

Bluerauder
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
My name is Lenny, I hail from Syracuse, NY. I am a Mopar guy that is in love with the Mercury Marauder.

Hi Lenny and welcome to the MM.Net :welcome1: You might be better off getting a used Marauder rather than trying to convert the CV. It would be alot cheaper.

Very interesting screenname and I have a very similar reason for having a Marauder .... as I remember her exact words, she said "You need a new Hobby". So, I got the Marauder and now it takes up alot of my weekends and free time !! ;) The good part is that I really didn't have to give up the "old hobby" either. :rofl: I just have to schedule it so it doesn't interfere with Marauder time. ;)

ineedanewhobby
07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
My girlfriend and I have been talking about trading both of our cars in for one. I might be able to talk her into a Marauder. The problem with that is she lets her family use her car a lot and they are SLOBS. I'd hate to see a Marauder treated like a second hand clunker. She wanted to trade her RAV4 for a Charger R/T but I talked her out of it because I wouldn't be able to take seeing a Mopar abused like that.

I was doing the appearance mods to my CV just to try and make it look less like I stole it from my grandfather. I wasn't terribly partial to the vent shades or the big, floppy mud flaps when I first bought it. But I'm actually considering getting rid of all my old cars and sticking to souping up newer vehicles. The "Barrett-Jackson Effect", as I like to call it, is making desirable classic models more difficult to acquire and with the classic muscle car market booming, new resto parts and even old, used, junk parts are more expensive than ever. $600+ for a Barracuda quarter panel? I have an old Paddock Mopar catalog from 6 or 7 years ago and they were less than half that.

I love cars. Men can't create life the way women do and to me, putting together a mean piece of machinery is our way of making up for that. It's our way of creating life. I might be poor and barely able to ever finish a project but, I'm passionate about it. With that said, they're just cars! The prices people pay for some of this stuff is nuts.

rayjay
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
ineedanewhobby, PM me, I'm in Madison County, Morrisville area. There is also a guy in Liverpool with a trilogy MM. Where are you going to school?

larryo340
07-30-2007, 09:29 PM
what old Mopar's do you have ??

Aren Jay
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Welcome a-board.

Get a real Marauder don't make another fake one.

vkirkend
07-31-2007, 06:49 AM
And when you get older you can have both!!!!

ineedanewhobby
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
what old Mopar's do you have ??

Right now I own an old 1982 Dodge Stepside pickup truck. I've been gathering up parts to make it look like the older 72-80 style with the rounder body lines. Think Warlock or Lil Red Truck. It's kind of ugly right now. After seeing some Transformers videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y) on YouTube, my friends and I decided to call it "***** Piece." I used to have a '73 Road Runner. That was the first car I ever bought.