PDA

View Full Version : Look what was in this barn !

Ron
08-06-2007, 06:59 AM
This the story ? but it is what it is.

What's in your barn?

A New York man retired, wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it
would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.

The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 yrs.; the owner and wife
both had died, and there were no heirs. The house was sold to pay taxes.

There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and
they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to
see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property
anyway......so, nobody made an offer on the place.

The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth, moved
in, and set about to tear into the barn.......curiosity was killing
him.

So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of
grinders.......and cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn...............?

Click here: Barnfinds Portugal

Keep clicking on next ....
it will blow your mind!

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

1of327
08-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Ooh MY GOD...thats like striking oil. That will make the news for sure.

Marauder
08-06-2007, 07:06 AM
WOW!!! Talk about a major score!!!

Pops
08-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Looks like a Kings Ransom to me. What a find!

arejayesss
08-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Maybe it was one of Jay Leno's ancestors?

magindat
08-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Lucky SOB!!!:argue:

larryo340
08-06-2007, 08:15 AM
:eek: HOLY CRAP :eek:

hdwrenchtx
08-06-2007, 08:16 AM
you think some nosy person would have gotten a ladder and looked in those windows long ago.

Raudermaster
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
WOW! There must be over a million's worth in there! I bet those people who were "looking" are going to kill themselves if that makes the news.

RCSignals
08-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Wasn't this posted here a while back?

I think someone was going to try to check if it was legitimate.

BLACKMARAUDER04
08-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I've Seen This Thread Before

larryo340
08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Wasn't this posted here a while back?

I think someone was going to try to check if it was legitimate.
Yes it was.

WOW! There must be over a million's worth in there! I bet those people who were "looking" are going to kill themselves if that makes the news.
I'm sure they would be worth well over a million.
Did anyone notice on the cars with the doors opened for pictures that there were in surprisingly good condition?

sicilianmarquis
08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
dam he really invested wisly

Professor
08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
The story is an uban legend (See: http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp )

It was a collection assembled by a dealer in the 70's and 80's. It wasn't a surprise find as the story indicates.

CRUZTAKER
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
The story is an uban legend (See: http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp )

It was a collection assembled by a dealer in the 70's and 80's. It wasn't a surprise find as the story indicates.

Thread killer...:P

:lol:

whd507
08-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I'd like to have the 47 kaiser special, and the 66-69 Continental.

I miss the two I had...

I inherited half of a collection of about 200 kaisers and fraziers in eastern Missouri, but I have yet to go see them.

LCSO34
08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I know a guy just like that, he was a Dodge dealer from the sixty's and seventies. At his house there is a metal building in the woods and inside there are Dodges and Chryslers galore. I was only in there twice once on an alarm and another time dragging out a hot air balloon to go fly. The most interesting thing was an odd car that was covered up, I could tell it had a huge spoiler in the back. He showed me the car, it was some kind of race car with "Roadrunner" cartoon on the spoiler support, a funny frontend:eek: I think it was a Super something or other. :dunno:

larryo340
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I know a guy just like that, he was a Dodge dealer from the sixty's and seventies. At his house there is a metal building in the woods and inside there are Dodges and Chryslers galore. I was only in there twice once on an alarm and another time dragging out a hot air balloon to go fly. The most interesting thing was an odd car that was covered up, I could tell it had a huge spoiler in the back. He showed me the car, it was some kind of race car with "Roadrunner" cartoon on the spoiler support, a funny frontend:eek: I think it was a Super something or other. :dunno:
If it is a Superbird :cool: raced in NASCAR it almost could be priceless.

J-MAN
08-07-2007, 01:08 PM
What a way to find out my long lost parents are deceased.:depress: Does anyone know an attorney in Portugal???

Aren Jay
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
We had a guy like that in the little town I grew up in.

He had a 40 car garage.

He is also known to have taken his 427 Cobra up well over the 150MPH mark while on an emergency run to the hospital. The cops clocked him, but let him off given who he was/is. (Doctor)

My sister bought his practice when he left medicine and became a Federal politician.

Recently he said he no longer has lots of specialty cars, just one gullwing Ferrari.

He is/was the Local Morman Bishop.

He was the Doctor who dressed my arm when I light it on fire. It sucks having a good memory, you may remember something you want to, but you also remember all those things you would rather forget.

Funny I forget names all the time.

MarauderTJA
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Talk about a treasure chest of cars....WOW

Mesencephalon
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghh hhht :beatnik: