PDA

View Full Version : Apology

Mike Poore
08-07-2007, 03:45 AM
I owe Jason (Rider90) and all the members of this board an apology for lashing out at him, last week. It was a hurtful, and disgraceful attack, and totally uncalled for. No excuse is offered, as none can be given, only a heartfelt apology to Jason and our friends on MM,net. I'm sorry.

O's Fan Rich
08-07-2007, 04:08 AM
I owe Jason (Rider90) and all the members of this board an apology for lashing out at him, last week. It was a hurtful, and disgraceful attack, and totally uncalled for. No excuse is offered, as none can be given, only a heartfelt apology to Jason and our friends on MM,net. I'm sorry.

Classy move, Mike.:beer:

Bradley G
08-07-2007, 04:40 AM
That's the spirit! Takes a "Bigger" man , to admit a mistake! Now if that same spirit, could be shared by several others, we could "Mend the bridge!"

CBT
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I never stopped lovin' you....

RCSignals
08-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank you Mike

Now is a good time for this to carry on this spirit http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37481

fastblackmerc
08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Thank you Mike

Now is a good time for this to carry on this spirit http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37481

:up: Good move Mike :up:

RCSignals - +1

gpfarrell
08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
That's a step in the right direction.

But as long as folks who drive Marauders are banned from here because they belong there, I'll still be spending many more hours there than here.

I'm not making rules, I'm responding to your actions.

It's your party. You call the shots. Retracting that shot is impressive, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

LILALLEYKATT
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Its never to late to attempt to right a mistake...I hope your newfound attitude continues to spread to more of the great members on this board. Way to go...

KillJoy
08-07-2007, 01:39 PM
One has been unbanned.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" width="100%" colSpan=2>
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gif

Tallboy http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Supporting Member
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD> </TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=bottom align=right>Last Activity: 01-03-2007 03:48 AM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And he has not even logged back in. Do they even want to come back? If not.... it is a moot point. And don't start on the "good gesture" line.

:dunno:

KillJoy

Breadfan
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Good gestures count whether taken or not. An open door can be crossed through at any time, a door open only temporarily is simply a good gesture with an asterick above it.

I say for all in this Marauder community leave the doors unlocked and porch lights on.

MercModifier
08-07-2007, 01:44 PM
^^^Id like to meet that Killjoy some day

MercModifier
08-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Why not just unban them?
You can always REBAN them!

Logan
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
http://evan.sadmensclub.com/albums/pirates/DSCF3212.jpg

There, that pretty much says it all.

musclemerc
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
My HERO! You are a big man for diong this!

Master
08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Missed all the fuss, but its nice to see progress on this front. How 'bout before any of us types something we take a moment to think about how what we're about to say would sound if we said it to one of our friends face-to-face? We're all here for a common cause (if a car can be a "cause"), so lets act like friends and always resond in the most civil way possible. But then, I miss most of the drama anyway...

CRUZTAKER
08-07-2007, 04:36 PM

You do...and you did. I was embarrassed by your comments myself.
As a moderator, you need to keep it simple and to the point. Leave personal feelings and frustrations aside.

Good job trying to mend things. ;)

DEFYANT
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Good show Mike!

MarauderTJA
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
That's the spirit! Takes a "Bigger" man , to admit a mistake! Now if that same spirit, could be shared by several others, we could "Mend the bridge!"

Ditto to that Bradley^^^^^^^^^^:D

RCSignals
08-07-2007, 09:36 PM
One has been unbanned.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(209, 209, 225);" colspan="2" width="100%">
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gif

Tallboy http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Supporting Member
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td> </td><td class="smallfont" align="right" valign="bottom">Last Activity: 01-03-2007 03:48 AM
</td></tr></tbody></table>

And he has not even logged back in. Do they even want to come back? If not.... it is a moot point. And don't start on the "good gesture" line.

:dunno:

KillJoy

ONE was unbanned without announcement or fanfare. Very secret and quiet.

The point of any of the banned ever posting again is not moot. As I've said before that isn't the issue, it's about doing the right thing. It's about correcting the situation for MANY other good long time members who have been affected.

Go back and read the original thread so I don't have to repeat it all.

Bradley G
08-08-2007, 04:09 AM
Some will never know the, "Freedom and Joy", experience, by doing the right thing. Mike, can you describe your feelings, since you got that, off your chest? I'm guessing, it made you feel better? Isn't that, why we come here?

Bradley G
08-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Some will never know the, "Freedom and Joy", experience, by doing the right thing. Mike, can you describe your feelings, since you got that, off your chest? I'm guessing, it made you feel better? Isn't that, why we come here?

Hey, "you Smart-a -guy!"

Bradley G
08-08-2007, 04:13 AM
"Thanks", Brother Tom!
Ditto to that Bradley^^^^^^^^^^:D

Mike Poore
08-08-2007, 05:16 AM

Bradley, since you've asked.

Doing and saying mean and hurtful things is something I've never done, and hope and pray to never do again. From childhood and life as a Christian, those actions were something completely foreign to my psyche.

Yes, there was a lump in my throat all weekend and sleep was lost, because of that moment of anger, and lashing out.

It was the thoughts posted by Keith and Prchrman that made me understand the terrible consequence of attacking another person.

And yes, I feel a lot better, thanks for asking.

As far as why we're here, it was about discussing cars, but has gone way beyond that, through shared personal experiences. We've had family tragedy and joy, and although I have no opinion as to the right or wrong of it, it's where we are, dare I say, as a family.

Let me say one more thing. There are those, perhaps, agenda driven, who thrive on anger and hate.

It's not what we do here at MM.net, let's strive to keep it that way ....starting with me.

MercModifier
08-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Jesus we are men, not girls.

Bradley G
08-08-2007, 07:36 AM
curious, what prompts a negative response, in an Apology thread! I knew you were a, "higher caliber man" than that, Mike.

BruteForce
08-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Jesus we are men, not girls.

Some more evolved than others.

RCSignals
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Bradley, since you've asked.

Doing and saying mean and hurtful things is something I've never done, and hope and pray to never do again. From childhood and life as a Christian, those actions were something completely foreign to my psyche.

Yes, there was a lump in my throat all weekend and sleep was lost, because of that moment of anger, and lashing out.

It was the thoughts posted by Keith and Prchrman that made me understand the terrible consequence of attacking another person.

And yes, I feel a lot better, thanks for asking.

As far as why we're here, it was about discussing cars, but has gone way beyond that, through shared personal experiences. We've had family tragedy and joy, and although I have no opinion as to the right or wrong of it, it's where we are, dare I say, as a family.

Let me say one more thing. There are those, perhaps, agenda driven, who thrive on anger and hate.

It's not what we do here at MM.net, let's strive to keep it that way ....starting with me.

Then with that the next move is to remove all agenda, anger and hate from here, and unban the rest of those who have been banned.

Bradley G
08-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for posting this Mike! Time has a way of letting you, view a situation in a different "light". if we could just approach this, like it may be our last turn. Maybe the hostility would subside.

sailsmen
08-10-2007, 09:12 PM
ONE was unbanned without announcement or fanfare. Very secret and quiet.

The point of any of the banned ever posting again is not moot. As I've said before that isn't the issue, it's about doing the right thing. It's about correcting the situation for MANY other good long time members who have been affected.

Go back and read the original thread so I don't have to repeat it all.

You are repeating it, this has been hashed out and I am unaware of anything new that would cause this to be rexamine. To the contrary what we know is several have advised they have no desire to be "unbanned". This only reinforces that they acknowledge they should not be unbanned.

I disagree with you about it being the right thing to do. The right thing has been done.

I clearly remember all the "tension" that they caused.

I recently posted information in reference to a question a member had about product that a banned member experienced with this product. To "clear the air" I researched his previous posts on this exact product and posted same.

Read it and you be the judge. Is this what you want as a member?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=507140#post50 7140

RCSignals
08-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I want the 'tension' the banning has created to end. I want people like Javier, and many others, to feel good about Mercurymarauder.net again.
That is a part of what the unbanning will bring.

Some here are too focussed on self to see that, too focussed on their own agenda and hatred. They've become consumed by it. I hope Mike's apology is a step and glimmer of light to putting that to an end.

It's time for this 'wedge' to end, we are far to small of a community. The unbanning is a first step toward this.

Your link reinforces why we need the unbanning,

DEFYANT
08-11-2007, 05:18 AM
I want the 'tension' the banning has created to end. I want people like Javier, and many others, to feel good about Mercurymarauder.net again.
That is a part of what the unbanning will bring.

Some here are too focussed on self to see that, too focussed on their own agenda and hatred. They've become consumed by it. I hope Mike's apology is a step and glimmer of light to putting that to an end.

It's time for this 'wedge' to end, we are far to small of a community. The unbanning is a first step toward this.

I agree here.

Banning a couple of guys on one side of an opinion is wrong. Ban ALL those with strong opinions, or ban none.

This commnunity may never return to the days when everyone played nice. But thats normal. And it's the internet!

sailsmen
08-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I want the 'tension' the banning has created to end.

Is this what you want;

A members question
"A new product has been recently been released by DEI (Design Engineering www.designengineering.com) for Trilogy type SC blowers with air - water intercooling. DEI has designed a way to cryogenically lower the incoming air charge with the new CryO2 intercooler spray kit."

My response

"Another Trilogy owner tried a similar or the same product with no improvement.

I beleive this was due to the IAT sensor location and software.

I beleive the new IAT location and software would enable this system to work."

Banned Memebers Response by Proxy

"I am the Trilogy owner that he is refering to. He apparently didnt read, or is incapable of reading, the threads that described the power pickup.

Someone please cut and past the above response back to the thread on MM.net please. You can see how fair they are when one cant even respond back to an obvious slam when you are "banned". "

Banned Memebers previous post on the DEI product

"For what its worth, I did extensive research on this concept over a year ago. I discovered that people were having problems with this very kit. Everyone I talked to, including distributors and salesmen told me it was junk, and could hurt your motor if your car ingested the co2. When I talked to a company rep, they told me that that was just a nasty rumor, and there was no way a car could suck the co2 gas into the motor via the air intake. What a bunch of Bullstuff. I did some further checking to find a co2 system that does not vent inside the engine compartment. The results were good, perhaps more noticable on a supercharged car. Read my thread on it."

My response
"Design Engineering is the kit that was asked about in the thread that the above quote is referring to.

MI2 apparently tested or researched a system by Design Engineering that he did not like.

MI2 apparently has a different system on his vehicle that he does like.

The original post was about a Design Engineering system."

Answer a members question accurately about another members post reviewing the product w/o even mentioning that members name and by proxy you are told "is incapable of reading" and "You can see how fair they are when one cant even respond back to an obvious slam when you are "banned"."

Meteorite
08-11-2007, 08:33 AM

Thank you, Mike. I came this close (holds fingers 1mm apart) to asking to have my membership closed down at MM.net over this one. I cannot imagine anyone attacking Jason this way, and am glad to see you making it right. Kudos.

RCSignals
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
sailsmen, your post example has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's an issue of internet misumderstanding and that part of it was between you and the other person.
The post was also made here when the individual was banned from here, so they did not bring an issue to .net.
They did however did try to provide some information from their own experience, even though they couldn't post it here.

O's Fan Rich
08-11-2007, 02:11 PM
sailsmen, your post example has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's an issue of internet misumderstanding and that part of it was between you and the other person.
The post was also made here when the individual was banned from here, so they did not bring an issue to .net.
They did however did try to provide some information from their own experience, even though they couldn't post it here.

It just does not matter , Duncan. It's not gonna happen and things will go on as is.

And it's ok that way, after all, every coin has two sides, right?

RCSignals
08-11-2007, 05:31 PM
It just does not matter , Duncan. It's not gonna happen and things will go on as is.

And it's ok that way, after all, every coin has two sides, right?

This is true Rich. As I said in my attempt before MV5, time was critical for this.
Unfortunately there is a minority here who will continue to see that this does not happen.

Haggis
08-11-2007, 06:57 PM
This is true Rich. As I said in my attempt before MV5, time was critical for this.
Unfortunately there is a minority here who will continue to see that this does not happen.

Thank the Lord God above.

Bradley G
08-11-2007, 07:01 PM
This makes no sense. Can someone explain to me, what the big deal would be to push a couple buttons? I don't care who, is on what list. If the member(s) who had their accounts closed, were restored. What would be the worst thing, that could happen? TELL ME! Can we elevate ourselves above this?

Bradley G
08-11-2007, 07:03 PM
the higher power does not approve
Thank the Lord God above.

RCSignals
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
If the Lord God above had anything to say about it I'm sure all would be unbanned here.

Haggis
08-11-2007, 09:29 PM
If the Lord God above had anything to say about it I'm sure all would be unbanned here.

Why is that? There are some that are banned from Heaven.

Pardise Lost: "It's better to rule in Hell then to serve in Heaven."

teamrope
08-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I doubt that the banned will ever come back here. They have their own site and it is thriving. As long as they are banned they will always have that to drag this site site threw the mud every chance they get.

There are a lot of good members that were not banned that have quit posting here on a regular basis if not altogether. Maybe some of them might check back and contribute to both sites if the bans are lifted.

mpearce
08-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Interesting opinions on this issue from both sides. I'm waiting for the random "ignore list" comment. Or maybe a cool personal attack.

Edge of my seat.

:sleepy:

finster101
08-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Ihave been watching this argument for some time without even knowing what it is about. It doesn't matter, it is pointles. I visit both sites often. One thing is clear, this fence is not going yo be mended. The only thing these statements are going to do is keep whatever it is fresh in every ones mind. I like people on both sites with no bones to pick with anyone. But, I can tell you like it or not its pointless.

RCSignals
08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Ihave been watching this argument for some time without even knowing what it is about. It doesn't matter, it is pointles. I visit both sites often. One thing is clear, . The only thing these statements are going to do is keep whatever it is fresh in every ones mind. I like people on both sites with no bones to pick with anyone. But, I can tell you like it or not its pointless.

You admit you don't know what it is about, yet you say it's pointless and that "this fence is not going to be mended"

The unbanning is the first step, and not just in "mending fences' with those who were banned. But that move must be made here.

Mike Poore
08-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I started this thread with a heart-felt apology to someone I had wrongfully attacked and to the members of this internet site. To those who have expressed their thoughts on the subject, thank you.

It seems to me, this thread has served it's purpose and has wandered far enough off topic to warrant it's closure.