PDA

View Full Version : Info & Advice needed.

PhastPhil
08-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Today, on my way home from work on the Long Island Expressway, I got inot a fender bender. Basically the traffic in front of me stopped and I didn't. I hit a Chrysler 300 Limited. He had hardly any damage some scuffing and a small hole in the bumper cover. I need a new header panel, bumper cover, driver's side cornering light, and a license plate bracket. The grille and hood were spared. By the way, anti lock brakes suck. I should not have hit him, and would not have hit him if I didn't have the anti lock brakes.

Anyway, a good friend of mine owns an autobody shop, and to say he does excellent work is an understatement!

According to his online crash guide, a new bumper cover for my 04 CV Sport is the same price as one for an 04 Marauder, $348. I'm seriously considering the mod just because I'd like to have the fog lights. I think the MM cover will bolt right on. I'll use the CV header panel. The fog lights are $75 per assembly, not sure if that includes the bracket which could be had for $12 each. I don't know if the wiring for the fogs is already on the car, if not that harness is another $70. I was wondering where the switch for the fogs is located.
Anyone have a nice undamaged bumper cover they'd like to sell?

Thanks, Phil

larryo340
08-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad your ok. I hate the friggin' L.I.E., and yes I agree anti-lock brakes suck when braking on straight and dry road. On wet, snowy roads or when turning they're good

I'm not sure if the header panel from a CV will go along with a Marauder cover. The headlamps are different widths, but I may be wrong. I would recommend to use a Marauder or Grand Marquis header and be sure of perfect fit.

The fog lamp switch is in the headlamp switch, you pull the knob out and to the left to turn on fog lamps. I'll bet you could make it work.
Good luck and post pics.

RCSignals
08-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry about your incident.

Is his bumper cover price for a Ford part or aftermarket replacement?

offroadkarter
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
sorry to hear about the accident

You know the engine could have been damaged also, better pull it out and replace with a dohc engine. Better to be safe than sorry :D

Blackened300a
08-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident. Thats the LIE for ya. I think the Marauder bumper conversion would be great but Im not sure on how to make it work. A front bumper cover appears on ebay every so often.

PhastPhil
08-08-2007, 07:31 AM
RC, that price is for a Genuine Ford part. No Dorkus parts for my car !