PDA

View Full Version : B.C. Marauders??

freakstatus
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Where are all the BC Marauders?? Does anyone know if there are any BC Marauder clubs? I'm in the White Rock area...

freakstatus
08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
We're a shy bunch....

CanadaMarauder
08-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Sticker still on the windshield?..Kelowna now as you know...

freakstatus
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey man, hows it going? Seen any other Marauders around yet? We should get a BC club going. Gettin the mufflers and CAI this Thursday. The wifes not too impressed with the cost but oh well....I figure shes got enough Coach purses to owe me one.

de minimus
08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't think there are any BC Marauderclubs. I've only seen around 3 in the lower mainland. The Emerald City guys from Washington are a good bunch and have several meetings a year. You didn't buy your Marauder from Richport Ford did you? They had a nice low km '03 on the lot a few weeks ago.
Cheers

freakstatus
08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I saw that one on autotrader.ca...they wanted like $26,800 for it I think. I brought mine over from Calgary for $22,500 in May....saved the PST. Where are you at?

Wagonmaster
08-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Where are all the BC Marauders?? Does anyone know if there are any BC Marauder clubs? I'm in the White Rock area...

White Rock, been there many times. Its only about 70 minutes from Mt Vernon. I raced at the #1 rated Division 6 track, Mission Raceway for several years in the Canadian Pro Street Association. Come hang with us in the States if you cant round up any locals in B.C. I'd be glad to do lunch up the Lynden, Sumas area too. Lots of neat old Cafe's up there.

GT :rock:

chader
08-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Not from BC,but would like to meet with other MM owners...I like to drive!...Don't forget their was only 500ish MM's left in Canada?

freakstatus
08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
White Rock, been there many times. Its only about 70 minutes from Mt Vernon. I raced at the #1 rated Division 6 track, Mission Raceway for several years in the Canadian Pro Street Association. Come hang with us in the States if you cant round up any locals in B.C. I'd be glad to do lunch up the Lynden, Sumas area too. Lots of neat old Cafe's up there.

GT :rock:

Sounds good. We're heading down to Seattle for a couple of Seahwaks games...the MM might be parked though as they are in December. Are you planning a trip north anytime soon?

Wagonmaster
08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Sounds good. We're heading down to Seattle for a couple of Seahwaks games...the MM might be parked though as they are in December. Are you planning a trip north anytime soon?

Freak,

I'm not crossing the border anytime soon due to lack of paperwork, but I could meet anywhere in Whatcom County for a burger etc. Also, there is about 8 MM owners meeting in Kent this Saturday for a car show at Bowen Scarf Ford if your interested.

GT

Taemian
08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey guys! I just joined this site last week. I'm in Langley, and will have a 04 MM with only 9156 miles on it...it's coming from Tennessee by transport and will be here on the 23rd of August. I look forward to meeting up with you guys sometime.

freakstatus
08-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey guys! I just joined this site last week. I'm in Langley, and will have a 04 MM with only 9156 miles on it...it's coming from Tennessee by transport and will be here on the 23rd of August. I look forward to meeting up with you guys sometime.

Sounds good! Let me know. It'd be nice to see another Marauder around.

de minimus
08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Congrats on the SB Taemian. I think we should definitely get some lower mainland Marauders together. I'm in S. Vancouver, but am always happy to drive anywhere for a meet.
Incidentially I was @ Richport Ford yesterday and they have another 03 with about 120,000kms for about $19,000 in case anyone's interested.
Cheers
Tim

freakstatus
08-23-2007, 02:03 AM

Did you get your car yet?

Taemian
08-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Apparently it's at the Seattle transport depot, may not get here til Monday...sigh.....I'm supposed to get 24 hours notice for delivery, with no call as of yet.

One thing about this site that SUCKS...you never get notified when someone continues a thread. The OTHER site does....and that's why I'm finding myself over there much more. Sorry if it takes me a bit to answer here, but having to manually search all the threads I post in here really is time consuming.

And yes, I'd be up for a MM meet sometime. I need to get my RIV letter and inspection, I'm told the processing office can take 2 weeks before giving permission to insure it. So you'll all have to park at my house while I sit in the driveway with mine! :bigcry:

Although the thought of 4 or 5 Marauders parked end to end is pretty freaking cool! :D

You guys should come out to Willowbrook mall for the Ford show this weekend. I was going to enter IF I had the car by now....it's the GV Mustang/Ford club show I think. I'm less than 2 blocks from the mall, so I'll walk over.

Taemian
08-23-2007, 06:04 AM
http://www.gvma.org/

Master
08-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Dear Sir,
You are making Cannucks look bad! ;)
Go to thread tools and subscribe to the thread with automatic e-mail notifications. The other site does this automatically so any time you post you get an e-mail about the thread. Here, you have to WANT to be notified.
Hope this helps!

freakstatus
08-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Dear Sir,
Go to thread tools and subscribe to the thread with automatic e-mail notifications. The other site does this automatically so any time you post you get an e-mail about the thread. Here, you have to WANT to be notified.
Hope this helps!

Thanks, I was wondering about that too! You're talking about the Vancouver Canucks right....lol?? Almost hockey season....

freakstatus
08-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Apparently it's at the Seattle transport depot, may not get here til Monday...sigh.....I'm supposed to get 24 hours notice for delivery, with no call as of yet.

One thing about this site that SUCKS...you never get notified when someone continues a thread. The OTHER site does....and that's why I'm finding myself over there much more. Sorry if it takes me a bit to answer here, but having to manually search all the threads I post in here really is time consuming.

And yes, I'd be up for a MM meet sometime. I need to get my RIV letter and inspection, I'm told the processing office can take 2 weeks before giving permission to insure it. So you'll all have to park at my house while I sit in the driveway with mine! :bigcry:

Although the thought of 4 or 5 Marauders parked end to end is pretty freaking cool! :D

You guys should come out to Willowbrook mall for the Ford show this weekend. I was going to enter IF I had the car by now....it's the GV Mustang/Ford club show I think. I'm less than 2 blocks from the mall, so I'll walk over.

What...you don't see enough Mustangs on the street??LOL. I'd check it out, but I'm heading to the PNE with the wife that day. I'd definitely be in to swinging by and checking out your SB though...I've never actually seen one live. P.S. Theres a great tint place next to the vanilla room.....

Taemian
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
It's official, the car won't be coming til Monday or even Tueday now. Ahh well, more time to clean the garage I guess.

What's the name of the tint place? I want to have limo tint on rear window and rear doors, medium tint on front doors. Every pic of a silver MM I've seen like this looks great.

Taemian
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Dear Sir,
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, I'm all set now. too bad we can't subscribe to the whole forum (Maple Leaf Marauders) instead of just a thread at a time. I'd like to know when Canucks are talking!

Taemian
08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
So let me see... locally we have:

Freakstatus (blk MM)
Canadamarauder (blk MM) (now in Kelowna :eek:)
De Minimus (blk MM)
Me (silver MM) and it better be here by Tuesday!!!!

I think us 3 local guys should do a photoshoot sometime with the 3 cars, it would be pretty cool. Anybody got any ideas for a good backdrop area?

Maybe someday we'll meet up with Canadamarauder at the Coquihalla toll booth and make some memories on those high speed roads. :rolleyes: Ahh, to dream!

Now I'm back to saying "4 more sleeps til it gets here" again....grrr....

Master
08-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Man, we just had a car show here in Dartmouth at the A&W with over 800 cars. And, lo, there were at least two other Marauders. But do you think I could find the owners?:mad2:
Man, that stinks. I wish we had a calling card or some such so we could get these guys hooked up when we see them. The best I could do was leave one of my Dyno flyers on the seat. I was there representing as well, though.

Master
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
"Thanks for the info, I'm all set now. too bad we can't subscribe to the whole forum (Maple Leaf Marauders) instead of just a thread at a time. I'd like to know when Canucks are talking"
Yeah, that would be cool. I'd also like to be able to get a listing of all the Cannucks who are registered in general. I have phone numbers for at least three here in Metro and area, plus I could get in touch with a couple more if I needed to. Maybe a "Bat Signal" kind of thing. A Big God's Head spot light to put up in the sky calling all Marauders. :)

Taemian
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM
"Thanks for the info, I'm all set now. too bad we can't subscribe to the whole forum (Maple Leaf Marauders) instead of just a thread at a time. I'd like to know when Canucks are talking"
Yeah, that would be cool. I'd also like to be able to get a listing of all the Cannucks who are registered in general. I have phone numbers for at least three here in Metro and area, plus I could get in touch with a couple more if I needed to. Maybe a "Bat Signal" kind of thing. A Big God's Head spot light to put up in the sky calling all Marauders. :)

That is a GREAT idea!!!

BruteForce
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I wish we had a calling card or some such so we could get these guys hooked up when we see them.

There is a member named Slowpoke who has printed a bazillion "get out of jail free" cards with the MM web address on them. If he's still doing that, he'll send you a bundle if you send him a self-addressed return envelope. Try a PM to see if he's still got 'em.

I carry a bundle in my glove box for just such emergencies. :coolman:

Master
08-24-2007, 04:38 AM
I got an e-mail from Slowpoke regarding pens and cards. He said he gave all of the pens away to the MVIV organizers, and didn't mention the cards. I think I probably pestered him too much! If anyone has spare cards, I'd love to get some! MAybe even the template or jpeg image? I can print them here myself.

freakstatus
08-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I could get them made professionally for cheap. I'm a GM at Staples. Just need a template and logo....

Master
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
SWEET! They would be a great thing to have. Wonder if anyone has the original template? If I could see one, I could likely do the layout myself for you. I'll watch this thread to see if anyone has additional input.

Master
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
PS
Do you guys print personalized calanders?

Taemian
08-24-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12721&l=86879&id=520452044

She's here!!!!! She's here!!!!!:banana::beer:

This is the only time she'll be BEHIND a Corvette! I bought 4.10s, but will wait for the SCT purchase to install them...and can't wait to see the new details on the Trilogy twin screw!

I love how utterly quiet it is. I want to do exhaust for performance, not sound. I loved how nobody gave me a second look as I washed it in the driveway....SLEEPERS rock!:bows:

I wasn't expecting delivery until Tuesday, but the MM got squeezed into today's schedule by a transport truck-driving Mercury fan!

de minimus
08-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Congrats man!!
Looks great....maybe it's just me but the other two cars on the carrier look so ordinary.
Enjoy.

Taemian
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I second that thought! My neighbours were all scratching their heads when they saw the MM on with the two sport coupes. They'll see the tire marks soon enough! I'll continue to add photos to that link over the next few days...

The front end is filthy-- glass and front end thickly covered with bugs, must've been on top and up front all the way from Tennessee to Seattle where it was transferred to this local hauler. I need to find some good, safe cleaning products. Today I used warm water and Turtle Wax car wash soap because that's all I had...new sponge of course.

Blue03
08-24-2007, 11:52 PM
The front end is filthy-- glass and front end thickly covered with bugs, must've been on top and up front all the way from Tennessee to Seattle where it was transferred to this local hauler. I need to find some good, safe cleaning products. Today I used warm water and Turtle Wax car wash soap because that's all I had...new sponge of course.

If you haven't already got it under control...you might try some Dawn dish washing detergent to help loosen dem bugs. After Dawn you will need to re wax as I understand it is a good prewax prep (remover) as well.
Oh Yeah... Congrats on your delivery!!!

freakstatus
08-24-2007, 11:53 PM
PS
Do you guys print personalized calanders?

Yes sir we do. Just pop into your local Staples and present them with 12 pics of your choice. They'll have a few different templates to choose from. We should do a Canadian Marauder calendar....lol

freakstatus
08-24-2007, 11:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12721&l=86879&id=520452044

She's here!!!!! She's here!!!!!:banana::beer:

This is the only time she'll be BEHIND a Corvette! I bought 4.10s, but will wait for the SCT purchase to install them...and can't wait to see the new details on the Trilogy twin screw!

I love how utterly quiet it is. I want to do exhaust for performance, not sound. I loved how nobody gave me a second look as I washed it in the driveway....SLEEPERS rock!:bows:

I wasn't expecting delivery until Tuesday, but the MM got squeezed into today's schedule by a transport truck-driving Mercury fan!

Nice!! You must have been like a kid on Christmas morning when that thing pulled in....Looks good, can't wait to see it. Added you as a friend on Facebook.

Master
08-25-2007, 10:40 AM
That is precisely what I was thinking! Maybe you want to be the "collector of photos". I'd buy a few cals to distribute to friends!
njoy your new ride. It really looks great!

Taemian
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
I love the idea of making a calendar. Maybe the BC contingent can get together for some picture taking? I have a friend from CBC and another who does freelance photos. If we could set up a date and a location (or a few if they're close together) we could get some awesome shots. We could call it the Wolf Pack Collection! (Panther Pack just doesn't sound as cool) :-)

A few group shots, and a single shot of each car (with/without owner?)...any other suggestions? Can't imagine how cool it would be to get a pic of a bunch of MMs together.
My Silver....and hopefully Freakstatus' black....and Justin's black...de Min's black...there was another black locally I think?

Thoughts/ideas?

freakstatus
09-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Lets do it. Can you organize it? I know one other Marauder owner in Surrey that may not be on here...

freakstatus
09-14-2007, 12:37 AM
We could get shots of other Canadian Marauders via e-mail as Master suggested...

Master
09-14-2007, 04:31 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I'd love to get a shot of mine in it at an autocross or on the AMP track. We've got BobbyClobber here in town with his Trilogy. I bet he'd love to have a shot of his doing a burnout.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Taemian
09-14-2007, 06:08 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I'd love to get a shot of mine in it at an autocross or on the AMP track. We've got BobbyClobber here in town with his Trilogy. I bet he'd love to have a shot of his doing a burnout.

Sounds great to me! Send me any/all photos, I'll show them to the guys out here so we can help decide which ones are the best.

My email is ijacobi at shaw dot ca (wrote it like that in case any crawler bots can get in here!)

If we each get one page, and then fill the rest with group pics, I think it would be great. As for organizing this, I'll do it but I need to know who else wants to be involved in it before I start logistics and scouting sites. Let me hear from you guys.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

freakstatus
09-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm in. I can get the calendars made at Staples once we have the pics together.

de minimus
09-15-2007, 09:43 PM
an excellent idea....name the date and place.

Taemian
09-15-2007, 10:27 PM
an excellent idea....name the date and place.

Thanks for your support, de Min! Derek and I are getting together tomorrow, maybe taking a cruise in our MMs after church if the weather holds....45% chance of showers though. If it's sunny, you're more than welcome to meet up with us in the Whiterock area! PM me your phone number if you want to come out (weather permitting)

I've got a few places for group shots in mind, but I'm TOTALLY open to suggestions from everyone if you can think of good backdrops/parking lots etc. I'm working on what could be a really cool place, but gotta get permission before I say anything else about that.

I'm hoping to hear from Jason and anyone else?? so that we have a good turnout. And you Eastern Canadian folks, email me your photos so we know what high standards we have to live up to!:)

An all Canadian MM calender...sweet! I'm thinking that some of you guys will have good ideas for names/themes/whatever for this whole calender project. Please send any and all ideas this way, but let's get crackin'....the new year isn't really that far away!:eek:

chader
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
want any Alberta input/pictures?

Taemian
09-16-2007, 08:53 PM
want any Alberta input/pictures?

Definitely! We want any and all Canadian members to send pics. An ideal 2008 calender layout would be to get a picture from as many owners as possible, give each person their own month, and fill any remaining months with some group shots from the BC group, and any other Canuck groups that get together for a photo. And a group photo means any number higher than one!:)

Members can choose whatever they want to put in their photo (car only, car and owner(s), car and "significant other".) Send as many good photos as you like, with your preferences listed. I have a 5 meg per email limit, so send big photos in seperate emails please.

Disclaimer: Photos must be within the boundaries of good taste. These calendars may be placed in places of work, so if you want only your "significant other" to pose tastefully with the car, great! If you want her d***** over the hood wearing a dishcloth,...not so great.:nono:

Pics can be sent to me at ijacobi at shaw dot ca (I've written it like this to avoid crawler bots farming my address) Please include your MM.net user name and the title "Marauder photos" in the subject line.

Just be sure to get a move on it, we don't have tons of time...between picking photos, making the layout, printing and mailing, the new year isn't really that far off!

I'll call "DIBS!" for the month of May, and am hoping my wonderful wife will agree to pose with my new mistress (as she now calls my 04 Silver Birch!):D

freakstatus
09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Damn, no dishcloth? Ok just delete that one...How bout suds during a carwash?? I'll take June or July.....

Taemian
09-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Damn, no dishcloth? Ok just delete that one...How bout suds during a carwash?? I'll take June or July.....

You better hope your wife doesn't this this thread!!:D

freakstatus
09-16-2007, 09:47 PM
LOL, no doubt.

Taemian
09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
So where are all the pictures, folks?!?!?

Let's get moving!!!!

chader
09-29-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm going out with my family to take picture/s today...I need to think of something significant to Alberta/Calgary...maybe something with the mountains in the background??

Taemian
09-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Sure, that would work....though I think we here in BC have the mountain angle covered, along with old growth forests and the ocean! But seriously, take what you think looks best. Better to have more car and less background!

chader
09-29-2007, 09:11 AM
i'll do my best..I may have to use this as ab excuse to go for a drive!

Master
09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I call dibs on Peggy's Cove for Nova Scotia!

Taemian
09-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Canadian geography is so awesome...a Peggy's Cove shot would be great, just don't go out too far! :-)

Master
10-01-2007, 05:03 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nope. This one is NOT amphibous. Unlike the Bronco :(

Master
10-01-2007, 05:05 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
Someone should rattle the chains of a few of our members in the Central area. We have Quebec and ONtario members whom Ive not heard from yet.

Taemian
10-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Yup, that's why I started the new thread...the calendar talk has been all in the "BC Marauders" thread.

October has now been claimed by Justin, who's going to send in some pics once things dry out a bit. So, May/June/Oct have been spoken for.

Claim a month that you want now, you can always send your pics in when you get them. Just make sure you DO send some in! Hope to see some great Central Canadian Marauder owners send some stuff my way!:)

Dr Caleb
10-01-2007, 12:08 PM
So where are all the pictures, folks?!?!?

Let's get moving!!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9203&c=3&userid=953

Master
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Excellent photo! If I can get my butt out of bed early enough tomorrow morning I'll try to get out to Peggy's Cove for an appropriate lighting photo session.

Peter
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I'll have some pictures later today...

Master
10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Are we still using this thread, or are we switching to the new one? Let me know? I have 5 short-list pics that I'm reviewing. Are we going with a 12 or 18 month Cal?

Taemian
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Are we still using this thread, or are we switching to the new one? Let me know? I have 5 short-list pics that I'm reviewing. Are we going with a 12 or 18 month Cal?

Heya Master!

Going to the new thread would simplify things for me, and let the others that just joined in see everyone involved.

I had only planned on a 12 month calendar, but if we get more than 12 members sending in photos, we'll have to adjust. No problems as far as I can see!

Feel free to send the 5 pics to me, I can give you advice depending on the photos I've already gotten....don't want too many nearly duplicate shots. No more than 5 megs per email please.

Master
10-03-2007, 03:34 AM
How do I send you the photo? Its only about a meg, but I'm not sure where to send it or how.
Let me know? Never mind. I got it!

turnintires
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I am here too... not a Maurader though...BUT I am local, the intercepter is in the process of being upgraded. when it is done it will be as close to a maurauder as I can get without spending the big $ let me know if you are have any local meets , I will tag along...

G

de minimus
10-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey Master,
If Peggy's Cove is fogged out, park the MM in front of the Split Crow,or even better yet, the Midtown. A great shot would be on the Citadel with the harbour and McNab's island in the background.................... I'm homesick.

Master
10-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Man, the worst fog of the year was right here in Halifax. I've never seen a foggier year! Got the Peggy's shots, though. Was in Cape Breton this weekend, and that, too, would have been a great photo op. In this case, though, we opted for the Roadtrek instead of the Rauder. Can't wait to see everyone else's pictures! Lets see 'em, folks!

Taemian
10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Man, the worst fog of the year was right here in Halifax. I've never seen a foggier year! Got the Peggy's shots, though. Was in Cape Breton this weekend, and that, too, would have been a great photo op. In this case, though, we opted for the Roadtrek instead of the Rauder. Can't wait to see everyone else's pictures! Lets see 'em, folks!

Hey, no peaking yet! Check over on the Calendar thread and see what's going on....