PDA

View Full Version : Rats hate Foci

CRUZTAKER
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I must elaborate first.

I needed to drop the MM at the dealer last week.
They gave me a ride home, I grab the Focus, and off I go to work.
I go to roll all the windows down, and the r-rear doesn't move.
I reach back and give it a gentle smack.
Down it crashes into the door frame.
Damn, the window came off the track.
I swing back by the dealer to let them know I will leave the Focus when the Marauder is done. This would be a Tuesday.
On Wednesday morning I swap cars. The focus spends some time at the dealership.
I was unable to pick up the repaired Focus until that following Saturday night, however it had been repaired since Wednesday evening.
Other than driving 2.5 miles home, it sits until Monday morning rush hour traffic. This where things get wierd.

On the way to work I get this gawd awefull odor of burning brakes. I figure it's a semi in front of me. I get to work and find the entire rear of the car covered in brake fluid.:eek:
I take look under the hood and find a crumpled Newport cigg. pack down in the crevice near the master cylinder. WTF? I grab it and see that a main chassis ground has been chewed, and the main wire harness beneath it has been chewed as well. I look under the left front wheel, and find this little SOB has chewed threw a brake line well. We've been in a bit of drought lately, but dayum...mistaking a brake line for a garden hose? Dumb assed rat.:shake:

It did $491.32 worth of damage according to my insurance adjuster. The kicker is...no one near me smokes Newports. Likely for miles in our neighborhood of 3 acre lots. I know it happened at the dealership. I told the service advisor. My insurance ended up picking up over my $250 deductable. Still however, my dealership has some bad rats.:P

I better not leave the Focus there too long this time. Ironically it's now a Wednesday again. I got a call this afternoon. The car is ready. Kind of...
WTF again?

Apparently they had a delivery from another dealership today, and well....the driver hit my car.
:lol:

It will be out of the body shop tomorrow, gracing a new rear bumper cover and paint.

Rats hate Foci.

KillJoy
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Perhaps you should switch to horses???

:D

KillJoy

RCSignals
08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
What year is your Focus? The early ones had that kind of trouble, thanks to Jac's corner cutting.

I hope the Rats don't take to your Marauder

pantheroc
08-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Barry, whoever you owe your soul to is taking it back slowly.... :D

Hang in there, it can only get better.?.

LordVader
08-10-2007, 08:42 AM
:eek::eek: OMG what a streak of bad luck!! Better start carrying that horseshoe for good luck, or find a four leaf clover!!

illwood
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I hope the Rats don't take to your Marauder
You would hope that the rats would be scared of panthers. . .

sailsmen
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
We had rats in our back yard due to bird feeder.

I threw my hatchet and hit the rat. IT crawled under the siding and I chopped the exposed part.

It ran out in shock behind the trash can. I switched to the AXE and finished it off. I missed the first 2 swings and it charged the AXE head.

The rats did not come back.:)

Photo - http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/7/2/DSC00306.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9240&c=3

RCSignals
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
We had rats in our back yard due to bird feeder.

I threw my hatchet and hit the rat. IT crawled under the siding and I chopped the exposed part.

It ran out in shock behind the trash can. I switched to the AXE and finished it off. I missed the first 2 swings and it charged the AXE head.

So they aren't like worms? If you cut one in two you don't have two Rats?

Ladyhawke
08-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Apparently they had a delivery from another dealership today, and well....the driver hit my car.

Was Mike Poore the delivery driver?

Shora
08-10-2007, 09:37 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/7/2/DSC00306.JPG

That's a scary site and I don't care who (or what [i.e. rat]) you are.

If I was walking in the woods and saw that I would be making like Forest Gump and run for years.