PDA

View Full Version : OOH Drugs are My Friend!

jabird56
08-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Well I spent most of the morning yesterday in the ER, being diagnosed with a Kidney Stone (I knew it going in). They released me around noon, with a VICADIN prescription. It's still hurting this evening with the drugs, going in to see the doctor tomorrow, we'll see what's up. Later

RCSignals
08-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear it. Good luck, I hope things go...smoothly..for you.

KillJoy
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Nice.

Get ready for a REALLY painful pee :D

KillJoy

HwyCruiser
08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Jay, I hope everything comes out OK. Tell the wife to send in the reinforcements if you're not back from the can in five... and just try and watch out for the tank on the way down buddy!

lastdaze04
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Best wishes. I have had them myself and they ain't no fun. Now I am down to one kidney and I have two kidney stones sitting in the kidney waiting to drop. OH I can hardly wait. I hope yours passes soon, the sooner the better. Keep us posted!!

fastblackmerc
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
It's the worst pain you'll ever experience...... :( for a few seconds....

Motorhead350
08-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Straight Edge for life!!! xXx sXe hCsE!!! :coolman:

musclemerc
08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I wish you the best. Get some goooood meds!!!

magindat
08-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Stay SUPER HYDRATED. It helps 'float' the stone so it doesn't stick you so bad. They gave me Dilaudid when I had mine. Powerful stuff. Makes Vicadin look like Chicklets!

Good luck. I know your pain....

knine
08-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Is this and the "power steering going away" link possibly related ?

Hope you get better soon.

LordVader
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Best wishes. I have had them myself and they ain't no fun. Now I am down to one kidney and I have two kidney stones sitting in the kidney waiting to drop. OH I can hardly wait. I hope yours passes soon, the sooner the better. Keep us posted!!

Just had a real bad episode about two weeks ago..second time in five years. This one wasn't as bad as the first one, I had to be admitted and they had to go in after it. OMG!!! So I hope yours passes with minimal effort and pain.

MarauderSM
08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
How common are kidney stones? I also want to know at what age do they really start to happen. I'm only 20 and never had one. Heard it hurts like "you know". I wish the best for you.

MarauderTJA
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Hope everything works out for you. Best of luck. Get some good meds.

jgc61sr2002
08-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Hope you are feeling well soon.

MM03MOK
08-11-2007, 05:42 AM
I hope you feel better soon, Jay.

Mad1
08-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I had a bad stone in January. (Too many of those breakfast meal shakes with 2x calcium. I sure stopped using those!)

It was brutal ...

I was wishing I was dead shortly after waking up ... and I called an ambulance, because I couldn't drive myself to the hospital. It felt like a ice pick/knife being sliced from my kidney down to my pelvis.

The ambulance EMTs gave me an IV with Morphine before we even left the driveway, which was awesome. I could have kissed the EMT -- who was a big guy -- it felt so good to have the pain subside. My blood pressure was so high before the drugs kicked in it was ringing bells on the cuff.

At the ER, I got a shot of dilaudin. They sent me home with a prescription for percoset and directions to lie on the couch and watch TV for 2 days while drinking plenty of water.

The stone passed about 34 hours later and it was the size of a grape seed.

Seeing how small it was, I felt like a baby. Our then 16-year-old daughter had passed an orange seed-size stone through the salivary gland under her tongue ... with no drugs at all. Now, that's tough.

Mad1
Jeremy

MERCMAN
08-12-2007, 07:00 AM
On the bright side, it could be worse,,, you could be a ricer,,,they can't pass ANYTHING:rofl: