PDA

View Full Version : It just occured to me....

Motorhead350
08-09-2007, 10:18 PM
......that I love anything The Beatles did before they were on drugs. Thanks to John for selling me that 45 with "I'll Get You" because I can't stop playing it. Nothing like early Beatles. :) Anyone else a early Beatles fan or Beatles fan in general?

Aren Jay
08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I started listening to the Beatles and the Stones after I moved to England.

It just seemed right.

ParkRanger
08-10-2007, 09:28 AM
......that I love anything The Beatles did before they were on drugs. Thanks to John for selling me that 45 with "I'll Get You" because I can't stop playing it. Nothing like early Beatles. :) Anyone else a early Beatles fan or Beatles fan in general?

I was 13 when they "popped" onto the scene in 1963 with "She Loves You"
and it was all we could talk about in Jr. High. :banana:
Growing up with them and experiencing each of their different stages of music was very cool. Each time a new album came out it was party time!
Although I like all their music my favorite is "Abbey Road" probably not for the music as much as what I was going through at that stage of my life. :D
Today's music would not have been possible w/o the Beatles paving the way.

PR :burnout:

Motorhead350
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM

I think that's the A-Side of the 45 I have, but I'd rather listen to "I'll Get You." :cool:

rayjay
08-11-2007, 06:14 AM

Early Beatles, yes, hippy beatles NO. Get the cd 1, its all there.

DEFYANT
08-11-2007, 06:23 AM
My mother was a big beatles fan. Like Pink Floyd, I was brought up on them. I prefer the later stuff. Most of the early stuff is mushy lovey dovey...... :yawn: already. My favorite CDs are the Anthology CDs. I enjoy hearing the evolution of the great Beatle hits.

SC Cheesehead
08-11-2007, 06:31 AM
and it was all we could talk about in Jr. High. :banana:
Growing up with them and experiencing each of their different stages of music was very cool. Each time a new album came out it was party time!
Although I like all their music my favorite is "Abbey Road" probably not for the music as much as what I was going through at that stage of my life. :D
Today's music would not have been possible w/o the Beatles paving the way.

PR,

You and I are of the same generation, and +2 on your comments.

I love all the old Beatles stuff, but I think my favorite remains "I Feel Fine." One of their lesser-known hits, but for some reason I've always really enjoyed it.

SCCH

Motorhead350
08-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I prefer the later stuff. Most of the early stuff is mushy lovey dovey...... :yawn: already. I enjoy hearing the evolution of the great Beatle hits.

I totally see what you mean on being all poppy and all. To me the simplier the better and I know I probably stand alone on that one. I'm just kind obsessed with the 12 bar blues, 1-4-5 chord structure and whatever you call it when you would go from A-F#-D-E. I don't know what you would call that last chord structure, but I know it was used a LOT in Doo Wop music. Maybe I'm being too technical, but I think someone understands what I am saying.

Pops
08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Dom its great your having fun with the 45s. I am going to have fun with the SC you bought me. Enjoy!

Motorhead350
08-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Dom its great your having fun with the 45s. I am going to have fun with the SC you bought me. Enjoy!

We will race again, oh yes we will race again. Next years grudge match is right here. I'll have something good for you. ;)

Pops
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Yes we will race but I am driving my car this time. I hope you have something real good under the hood as you are going to need it! I am sure you can find a song thats describing your defeat.

RF Overlord
08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
......that I love anything The Beatles did before they were on drugs. Dude, the Beatles were never NOT on drugs...

...and yes, I am a huge fan. I've already been banned from talking about the Beatles by all my friends. ;)

*EDIT* I do find it interesting that someone your age likes the Beatles at all...good for you!

ParkRanger
08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Yes we will race but I am driving my car this time. I hope you have something real good under the hood as you are going to need it! I am sure you can find a song thats describing your defeat.

Ouch! That's hard, John. :eek:
Now slap him on the other side!
Heeheeheheehee :D

jonroe
08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I totally see what you mean on being all poppy and all. To me the simplier the better and I know I probably stand alone on that one. I'm just kind obsessed with the 12 bar blues, 1-4-5 chord structure and whatever you call it when you would go from A-F#-D-E. I don't know what you would call that last chord structure, but I know it was used a LOT in Doo Wop music. Maybe I'm being too technical, but I think someone understands what I am saying.

You're thinking of the doo-wop chord progression of A-F#m-D-E or written for any key as I-vi-IV-V. Listen to The Beatles cover of Please Mr. Postman - it is exactly A-F#m-D-E throughout the song.

I love the 12-bar blues more than the doo-wop progression myself. I have been a Beatles fan since I first heard I Want To Hold Your Hand on the radio in December 1963. I've learned to play many of the songs on guitar which makes it fun to re-discover all the old tunes again.

Good music is good no matter from what era. You have great taste!

Jon