PDA

View Full Version : Last fishing tounament of the year

Pops
08-13-2007, 06:25 AM
I fished in Saugatuck Mich. this last weekend in the Amatuer division. There were 71 boats. We caught 9 fish on Sat. and were in 4th place. Sunday morning big thunderstorms went thru the area and changed things on Lake Mich a lot. We only caught 3 fish and finished 12th. It paid 350.00 but we still had a good time. We are done with the fishing tournaments till next year as boating season wraps up around here at the end of October. Its time to start hitting the drag strips with the GM and start getting ready for SSHS7. We had a good fishing season as we made the money cut in three out of four tournaments this year.

Mike Poore
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
We only caught 3 fish and finished 12th. It paid 350.00

My god, John, 12th place paid $350! :eek:

I'm gonna give up this trap shooting crap & buy me a bass boat. ;)

Pops
08-15-2007, 05:39 AM
The problem with this Mike is the 550.00 I spent on fuel entry fee and broken tackle.

Aren Jay
08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
My Dad's side of the family are all fishermen. (the men were anyway)

The biggest salmon my Grandfather caught was a 76 lbs Sockeye.

Of course you have to realize this isn't a rod and reel type fishing. They were all gill netters.

My oldest now MIA cousin even invented a new technique for such fishing and following the fishery rules and such would catch alot more fish then everyone else. 7 to 10 times as much. Averaged a thousand a day.

There is alot of money in fishing, but now that the fisheries are never open anymore no one does it much anymore.