PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love those GM guys :rollseyes:

Raudermaster
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-34277.html

What could I expect them bashing a Ford product? Like they should be one to talk about a good looking, power street truck. The Silverado SS is the slowest thing in the entire world, and doesn't look good at all. It's "huge' 6.0l Vortec barely pushes out 300hp and not even 400 pounds of torque. :shake:

RCSignals
08-16-2007, 08:48 PM
What do you expect? Things never change.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-16-2007, 09:07 PM
You can't really say anything, the "Ford" guys on this board crap all over GM. It's just the way it is. I own both and like both. Both have made some good and bad cars. Big deal. Posting about other people bashing is just going to incite more bashing, what's the point of that? Can't we all just git' along?

offroadkarter
08-16-2007, 09:13 PM
You can't really say anything, the "Ford" guys on this board crap all over GM. It's just the way it is. I own both and like both. Both have made some good and bad cars. Big deal. Posting about other people bashing is just going to incite more bashing, what's the point of that? Can't we all just git' along?

Amen to that, my brother has an explorer, my dad had a tuarus and a yukon, now has a tahoe, i like both and agree ford and GM have done stupid things and great things.

Plus the 6.0L makes about 360hp, the 5.3L makes 325hp and the 4.8L makes about 295hp. And they are no slouch, the 5.3L will spank the 5.4L triton :)

But look at me, most of my family gets GM's, and im getting a marauder! Im such an outcast! And d@mn proud of it :D

Raudermaster
08-17-2007, 09:22 AM
the 5.3L will spank the 5.4L triton :)

You know this for a fact? Come down and have a go with my father's truck.

1of327
08-17-2007, 09:54 AM
I am currently enrolling in there site, just to infultrate the competition....

MarauderTJA
08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't why they are bashing each other. They should be bashing the import trucks. AT least Ford, Chevy and Dodge trucks are American. I own 3 Ford cars and one Chevy. We need more patriotism here.

offroadkarter
08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
You know this for a fact? Come down and have a go with my father's truck.

Dont you mean "up"

I'd be more interested in racing MM's than my dads truck vs your dads truck.

My 4 banger jeep could beat a 5.4L triton :lol:

RCSignals
08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Dont you mean "up"

I'd be more interested in racing MM's than my dads truck vs your dads truck.

My 4 banger jeep could beat a 5.4L triton :lol:

You don't have much time in a vehicle powered by the 5.4L Triton do you.

BLACKMARAUDER04
08-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Roush Is Prividing The Roushcharger For The New F150 Harley Davidson. They Will Also Be Providing The Tuning For This.

finster101
08-17-2007, 05:36 PM
My wife drives an STS. I am an "A" tech at a Cadillac dealership. I drive a Maurauder or my Harley. You WILL NOT find a Toyota or Honda ever in my garage. Ford or Chevy just as good just which ever you prefer. IMO.

rayjay
08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
FWIW, I've always been a Ford guy, but I had a rental F150 4x4 with the 5.4 last year when the DTR was wrecked. It was a dog compared to the Marauder. I was very disappointed by its performance. If ever a vehicle needed to be chipped, that one did. Anyhoo, as for Cheby, we are stuck with Wimpalas as units and they are JUNK... New Charger for me any day now :shake:, we'll see.

RCSignals
08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Weird on the F150 with 5.4

I have an '06 E250 with 5.4 and it's not a dog compared to a stock Marauder at least at speeds from 0 to 50 or 60 where the Marauder just starts to breathe. That heavy Van pulls very strong with the 5.4.

1of327
08-18-2007, 06:13 PM
In selling the F250 5.4's , starting them up and pulling thyem off the line...the truck wanted to take off. I don't think the 5.4 is sluggish @ all. Need a proper tune yes, but lots to work with....wish they would have dropped them in the Marauder as a production basic.

offroadkarter
08-18-2007, 06:44 PM
You don't have much time in a vehicle powered by the 5.4L Triton do you.

We owned a 98 Expedition with the 5.4L, im not saying its a slouch, but its not a SRT 10 killer either

Leadfoot281
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
My Dad drove a new Chevy truck every two years for nearlly 40 years. His last truck was a 1999 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado standard cab long box 4x4 with the 6 liter v8 and 3:73 gears.

He claimed it was the best truck he ever owned. He was really impressed with the power. He called it an "animal". I was impressed with it's torque, throttle response, and quiet ride.

He didn't use it on the dragstrip. I doubt he ever seen a dragstrip. I doubt he was out street racing it for cash. However he did rack up 25k miles/year on it hauling stock trailers, skid loaders, cement, cattle, gravel, lumber....y'know, TRUCK stuff.

In June of 2000, the Mayo Clinic nurse following him, seen him put his blinkers on and then pull off the road into the ditch. That's where he died of a heart attack.

The nurse couldn't get to him because the doors locked automatically when put into gear.

If there was one "feature" in new cars I dislike, that would have to be it.

Trucks today have more power than they have ever had. People still whine about it. Exactly how important is a few horsepower anyway? Can't people find something else to whine about? Who races trucks anyway?

rayjay
08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
In all fairness the rental I drove for ten days wasn't exactly new. I did some 4 wheeling with it. Even with worn tires it took me where I wanted to go. My daughter thought it was great and she wanted me to trade the Marauder for one. NOT A CHANCE IN HELL !!!

RCSignals
08-18-2007, 11:30 PM
We owned a 98 Expedition with the 5.4L, im not saying its a slouch, but its not a SRT 10 killer either

No one is saying it is an SRT 10 killer, it isn't meant to be. To call it one would be a stretch, no?

But it certainly isn't a slouch, and it has improved in performance over that 8 year period as well.

I wish the Marauder stock transmission shift schedule was as good as the schedule in the Van! :)

offroadkarter
08-19-2007, 12:38 AM
No one is saying it is an SRT 10 killer, it isn't meant to be. To call it one would be a stretch, no?

But it certainly isn't a slouch, and it has improved in performance over that 8 year period as well.

I wish the Marauder stock transmission shift schedule was as good as the schedule in the Van! :)

I know they arent a slouch espically with the aftermakret open to them now, but if your in a 5.4L Expedition dont pick a fight with a 6.2L escalade, because you will be embarassed. The 6.2L is one good motor, 386hp to be exact.

Raudermaster
08-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Uhh, no kidding. A Marauder may have a hard time beating one of them too. Don't forget that's the old 2v model. I believe they have better throttle response stock for stock against an '04+ 3v, but giddyup factor, the 3v wins. Especially with a tune on the 3v's.